Condi soulbeast in action PvP

CroTiger.7819

Hello,

Thanks for sharing.Please remove the timestamp from the second video ^^

I am not sure about the sword. Since the rework I do not like how we have to play it. Dagger looks better. Also sword and hawk seems redundant.Warrior and Weaver are hard to fight right now… They have enough damage and resustain. How does it feel to fight vs weavers for you?

Is there a reason you did hold your heal vs the sniper?

I am starting to play condi soulbeast for the future patch but I still cannot find the build that will make me happy with the 1 pet. Same for the rest (weapons, utilities) sometimes I swap axe for torch, sometimes I swap wolf pack for strength of the pack, sometimes I swap lightning reflexes for protect me…I gave a quick try to skomescale instead of wolf this morning and my damage is definitly better. I will try with the physical hawk.http://gw2skills.net/editor/?POwAgeVlZweYRMPmJe0TpvyKMdE-z5YfCCdAEDIT : I did choose those pets because I am trying to find how it will go with only 1. Right now the drake looks good.

Using beastmastery seems like a strong option. I thing I saw Trevor mentioning it in another post a few month ago.

@"aymnad.9023" said:Hello,

Thanks for sharing.Please remove the timestamp from the second video ^^

I am not sure about the sword. Since the rework I do not like how we have to play it. Dagger looks better. Also sword and hawk seems redundant.Warrior and Weaver are hard to fight right now… They have enough damage and resustain. How does it feel to fight vs weavers for you?

Is there a reason you did hold your heal vs the sniper?

I am starting to play condi soulbeast for the future patch but I still cannot find the build that will make me happy with the 1 pet. Same for the rest (weapons, utilities) sometimes I swap axe for torch, sometimes I swap wolf pack for strength of the pack, sometimes I swap lightning reflexes for protect me…I gave a quick try to skomescale instead of wolf this morning and my damage is definitly better. I will try with the physical hawk.http://gw2skills.net/editor/?POwAgeVlZweYRMPmJe0TpvyKMdE-z5YfCCdAEDIT : I did choose those pets because I am trying to find how it will go with only 1. Right now the drake looks good.

Using beastmastery seems like a strong option. I thing I saw Trevor mentioning it in another post a few month ago.

Thanks for response... idk how to remove timestamp (its my first videos so im newbie). Thing about sword is actually mobility it provides for roaming and disangage while it have poison and evades. I played even dagger aswell alot and it works (maybe i do one on that too). I found sword better in higher pvp because mobility mostly.The part you missed is poison master with wilting strike traits which have no cd on pet f2 and thats idea where i build it around bird with lowest cd on f2. So every time you use bird f2 which is very handy (swoop inside beastmode and fast exit f2 proc instant stun aswell on entering) it will inflict 2 stacks bleeding as default and poison master 2 stacks of poison + wilting strike weaknes and beastly warden every 20 sec (splited cd on beastmode so you can double taunt if you taunt with pet first). So every 4/5 sec bird inflict 2-3k pure dmg+ 3k poison and 2k bleed + weaknes and potential taunt. I even took blind trait which have 12 sec recharge but thats other variation where i run mirage runes and take go for the eyes blind and change protect me to signet of stone. Build is also using predator cunning for passive heals and i can tell you its not that bad as ppl think since shortbow skill 2 hitting with all 5 arrows deals 850 dmg which is lifesteal aswell. Smokescale is combined with vulture stance because you can instant vulture stance after you swap smokescale and if smokescale is away from target he will proc smoke assault which will do 5 stacks of poison...than you do same in beastmode (it also heals while evades due to predators cunning trait). That are examples of some possible combinations. Ele is not a big deal but you gotta be agressive and wait his evade chains in same time... bear stance make you imortal vs ele and mesmer for duration and when its on cd you need to use dodge skills and endurance + dolyak stance. Versus De I delayed heal because most players would interupt it or kill me while casting so i rally more on sb fast casts and evades) but I messed up from start of that fight because didn t expected him to stay 1 vs 1. Since this is more roaming build than a side noder you can use protect me to take his 1 stacks of stab and than concusion shot fast... Don t forget except high dmg and control on roaming you also bring dolyak stance, bear stance as deffense with vulture stance offense (try to share them as often and use vulture stance smart because it lasts short on allies same as others but timing it well can end fight quick) in +1 or whatever since build can adapt to all situations.

I looked at your build and i like snow wolf because of beast skills and its viable choice. Your build is mix of condi and power but while i like drake f2 poison and it have strong synergy with myn build aswell (with vulture stance...), eagle brings most out of poison master becasuse lowest cd and its more handy with beastly warden aswell (wilting strike pop on 4/5 sec is not bad aswell). I don t see axe in that build especially if you wanna focus on condis but thats hybrid build which can work but idk if its handy for higher pvp... Smokescale+vulture stance is very handy (can be used while cc-ed ) aswell as swoop+leave bm and fast f2 is combo worth practicing and its more rewarding and very reliable. Give this build try before it gets nerfed and than try to mix things up with dagger instead sword or drake for smokescale (bird is must take if poison master is traited). If you want stay hybrid thats fine for side noder. Anyway im looking on how to save this build after patch and redisgn it but it got hited hard only thing untouched is (poison master bird synergy).

Sry for big text will make video about traits, 2 variations of build and combos on dummies but without sound since idk how to implement that. Also i have 2 new videos rdy aswell and will upload them and post here tommorow aswell as build video, if someone wants to try it today feel free to whisper me or mail ingame. I hope you will help me shift this bar in new balance patch...

youtube.com/watch?v=rdBw_Z-wgFAThe &t=XXXs at the end gives a time to start the video.I just love the axe for everything it gives. The cc, the burst and the defense. I will keep some of the boonbeast elements and try different runes.I played with eagle (worldy impact version) and beasmastery this afternoon and wow. The dps I earned was totally worth the small survivability I lost. :smiley: . This is fun to play and more effective than my previous build.

I'm all for making condi Ranger works in PvP, but the burst and oppression just ain't there.

You can get much high pressure and evade with condi Tempest, Mirage and Thief. Then, you have condi Firebrand and Scourge that put huge AoE pressure and damage.

Not directed to you OP, just not happy at condi Ranger being underpowered. Next patch nerfed condi ranger even more.

You should try with Devourer pet, it gives a CC and Evade (camera still bugs). When I play condi sbeast, I play with A/D and S/T. Axe needs evade, so naturally dagger. Then, Sword needs some melee and AoE pressure, so Bonfire from Torch.

@Krispera.5087 said:I'm all for making condi Ranger works in PvP, but the burst and oppression just ain't there.

You can get much high pressure and evade with condi Tempest, Mirage and Thief. Then, you have condi Firebrand and Scourge that put huge AoE pressure and damage.

Not directed to you OP, just not happy at condi Ranger being underpowered. Next patch nerfed condi ranger even more.

You should try with Devourer pet, it gives a CC and Evade (camera still bugs). When I play condi sbeast, I play with A/D and S/T. Axe needs evade, so naturally dagger. Then, Sword needs some melee and AoE pressure, so Bonfire from Torch.

Smokescale works great with vulture stance - smoke assault procs and than following it in beastmode is 10 stacks of poison which synergies with predators cunning. It has everythign you said about devourer but devourer can t stack up poison with vulture stance that fast. I tried devourer but sadly as always smokescale is best utility and jack.Will play torch after the patch but right now it feels bad... no utility only good cleave. A/D and S/T is good variant but doesn t work well in high pvp because lack of utility and its slow, but it will change after patch because torch dmg is untouched now since it was nerfed before and will be more in line now as good aoe pressure.

@"aymnad.9023" said:youtube.com/watch?v=rdBw_Z-wgFAThe &t=XXXs at the end gives a time to start the video.I just love the axe for everything it gives. The cc, the burst and the defense. I will keep some of the boonbeast elements and try different runes.I played with eagle (worldy impact version) and beasmastery this afternoon and wow. The dps I earned was totally worth the small survivability I lost. :smiley: . This is fun to play and more effective than my previous build.

This is the build i playhttp://gw2skills.net/editor/?POwAwiVlRwCZSsHGKeyXXv3SmWXA-zZBsUSJBasAyMCaPEMaA

Im glad you liked bird+poison master synergy... for me this is the first build where i actually feel like playing with pet activly. S/d is very nice set and work fine in pvp with sb as second set because you focus on keeping poison covered with other condis and you have fine amount of them. But its too late for myn build to practice since its geting nerfed and lost of other pet will be harder for this build than boonbeast so keep playing boonbeast and feel free to stole some of myn ideas as smokescale+vulture stance and eagle+poison master...

@CroTiger.7819 said:

@"aymnad.9023" said:youtube.com/watch?v=rdBw_Z-wgFAThe &t=XXXs at the end gives a time to start the video.I just love the axe for everything it gives. The cc, the burst and the defense. I will keep some of the boonbeast elements and try different runes.I played with eagle (worldy impact version) and beasmastery this afternoon and wow. The dps I earned was totally worth the small survivability I lost. :smiley: . This is fun to play and more effective than my previous build.

This is the build i play

Im glad you liked bird+poison master synergy... for me this is the first build where i actually feel like playing with pet activly. S/d is very nice set and work fine in pvp with sb as second set because you focus on keeping poison covered with other condis and you have fine amount of them. But its too late for myn build to practice since its geting nerfed and lost of other pet will be harder for this build than boonbeast so keep playing boonbeast and feel free to stole some of myn ideas as smokescale+vulture stance and eagle+poison master...

Thank you ! I think staying with eagle could work for me. Yes boonbeast does not look as impacted as other slb builds.