So mirage loses a dodge as tradeoff

Crab Fear.1624

@Crab Fear.1624 said:

@Zephoid.4263 said:In most other classes, cleansing 2 condis every 10s on demand would seem reasonable. Effectively guard's lesser smite condition on a shorter cd. That IH is such an overloaded skill means that EM probably won't get taken all that much (though i do expect the meta to shift more to condi).

this is GM trait and should be treated as such.compare it to escapist fort on thief, that realistically will not only proc more often, but also heal, but also is not a freaking grandmaster.

Better to compare it with DH Hunter's Fortification. DH has very few ways to proc aegis, even fewer on a reasonable cd. Having no conditions isn't something that happens in PVP very often, with even power abilities inflicting conditions. It is pretty much only useful with weapon skills that conditionally block attacks (shield 5, sword 3), but even then has an ICD so it itsn't procing much.There are a LOT of bad GM traits, this isn't even close to the bottom of the barrel. Again, IH is so overloaded that it almost doesn't matter what you made this, its not going to be taken all that often.

By comparing IH to other especs GM you are missing the point.Mirage gives almost nothing as a espec without IH.do you srsl thing that using ambush after dodge 1s channel to deal 1,8k dmg is a worthy espec mechanic?Without IH mirage is one of the weakest if no THE espec mechanics in the game.Mirage ALSO pays 2 traits to gets its "mirage cloak" more then any other espec.Meaning other specs get 1 extra trait, and its usually REALLY good and fits the spec.DH gets 5-15% dmg.holo gets extra holo dmg depending on heat.SPB resets f1 skills and gets 200+ power and ferocityreaper gets + 20% chill duration and +10% dmg against chilled targets.etc etc,
all VERY good and impactfull traits, mirage gets Movespeed during dodge
. Big xd

OP is a mesmer hater, pointed that out earlier. So in his defense he made this thread ?

etc etc, all VERY good and impactfull traits, mirage gets Movespeed during dodge. Big xdThat must have been in the same trait that comes with MC, not separately. IH should have been minor grandmaster trait because how they nerfed everything in mind that IH is always used. Without IH mirage is trash, for real, everyone could play without IH because shatters were strong and worth using. Now shatters are worthless and to do any damage everyone went for IH. But even main mesmer ambushes are pathetic without IH.E-spec that must burn his evades to do damage and revolve around evading have 1 dodge. Daredevil somewhere in the corner dying from laughter with 3 evades. Well played.P.S grandmaster minor or chrono and new "lost time trait" and current chrono state. Smitersbooned into oblivionI'm a Mesmer hater.Mesmer hater*. Especially noticed it by your comments about chrono.I'm very happy that most clowns will stop playing it now.Clowns ? You are mistaken, all clowns are playing thief nowI typed this with my feet because I am clapping so hard to celebrate.I'm glad that at least something good happen in your life

@Ghostof Luzifer.6159 said:

@Leonidrex.5649 said:@Tharan.9085SPBgets boon removal, damage boost, extra stats pulsing reveal, pull, immob, unblockable aoe daze, resets the cooldowns of his F1, and damage on boon removal.its just stupid :D

and yet mirage trashes a war.. hm i wonder why?

Maybe I'm not enough of an expert at PvP, but I don't think this is accurate at all.

@AliamRationem.5172 said:

@Leonidrex.5649 said:@"Tharan.9085"SPBgets boon removal, damage boost, extra stats pulsing reveal, pull, immob, unblockable aoe daze, resets the cooldowns of his F1, and damage on boon removal.its just stupid :D

Maybe I'm not enough of an expert at PvP, but I don't think this is accurate at all.

"Meta" staff condi mirage bets meta SPBbut the thing is, if spb switches utility and traits he can no loger lose 1v1, and due to disort and being forced to kite mesmer loses node over timeall the while being still worse in teamfights and less mobile.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@Leonidrex.5649 said:@"Tharan.9085"SPBgets boon removal, damage boost, extra stats pulsing reveal, pull, immob, unblockable aoe daze, resets the cooldowns of his F1, and damage on boon removal.its just stupid :D

"Meta" staff condi mirage bets meta SPBbut the thing is, if spb switches utility and traits he can no loger lose 1v1, and due to disort and being forced to kite mesmer loses node over timeall the while being still worse in teamfights and less mobile.

It takes 30 sec to more than 3 minutes depending of the SPB and mirage can't fight him on point mean that he will decap/cap.Note that he can also run away when he has too little CD and good luck chasing a SPB with a condi mirage...

@viquing.8254 said:

It takes 30 sec to more than 3 minutes depending of the SPB and mirage can't fight him on point mean that he will decap/cap.Note that he can also run away when he has too little CD and good luck chasing a SPB with a condi mirage...

I know ;p only the spb that used metabattle build only 0 variation complain.meanwhile even If I know im against spb only, take undead runes and rabid, on staff with permaprot I still lose when I make couple mistakes close to eachother,meanwhile spb that adopts his build cant die as long as he knows what his buttons do more or less.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:@Tharan.9085SPBgets boon removal, damage boost, extra stats pulsing reveal, pull, immob, unblockable aoe daze, resets the cooldowns of his F1, and damage on boon removal.its just stupid :D

Oh, and mirage gets two teleports!An evade tied to an invuln, how OP is that?Target break teleport, which is also an invuln.A great healing ability, which is also an invuln!Insane confusion burst on a utility skill.

See how pointless this is? I can make any spec, on any class look overpowered by just listing shit.

Mirage gets more baseline than almost any other spec out there (with maybe the exception of Firebrand and Holo) but even then, it's competing.

@"AngelLovesFredrik.6741" said:

Oh, and mirage gets two teleports!An evade tied to an invuln, how OP is that?Target break teleport, which is also an invuln.A great healing ability, which is also an invuln!Insane confusion burst on a utility skill.

See how pointless this is? I can make any spec, on any class look overpowered by just listing kitten.

Mirage gets more baseline than almost any other spec out there (with maybe the exception of Firebrand and Holo) but even then, it's competing.

Mirage doesnt get any of these. Mirage can sacrafice utilities to get those things.SPB doesnt have to give up any utilities to get immob as a passive.Nor does it have to sacrafice its heroic to get pulsing might, reveal, damage boost and pull.I explain what miage tree does and what spb tree does.

Oh, and mirage gets two teleports!An evade tied to an invuln, how OP is that?Target break teleport, which is also an invuln.A great healing ability, which is also an invuln!Insane confusion burst on a utility skill.See how pointless this is? I can make any spec, on any class look overpowered by just listing kitten.What I see from his post its only from spellbreaker traitlines of meta build.What you are doing over-exaggerating (by calling an evade = invul and overblowing value of trash utility skill) and going after everything mirage gets (weapons/utlity/elite) Daddy, chill
Mirage gets more baseline than almost any other spec
out there (with maybe the exception of Firebrand and Holo) but even then, it's competing.You better to remember what daredevil gets baseline, it would be the class that get the most (on part with FB/holo).Dont think that mirage gets the most, these are miles away, what the point? Mirage is about to get deleted :D

See how pointless this is? I can make any spec, on any class look overpowered by just listing kitten.

You keep saying "invuln' and you don't know what invuln even means.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:Mesmer is one of warriors hard counters as thief is to mes. A good med shouldn't lose to a warrior.

That doesn't sound right to me. Even if mirage wins, they don't do it on point and they don't do it quickly (assuming equal skill, naturally). This is not a hard counter. It's a loss for your team.

Am I wrong?

@AliamRationem.5172 said:

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:Mesmer is one of warriors hard counters as thief is to mes. A good med shouldn't lose to a warrior.

That doesn't sound right to me. Even if mirage wins, they don't do it on point and they don't do it quickly (assuming equal skill, naturally). This is not a hard counter. It's a loss for your team.

Am I wrong?

This is what most players think hard counter means :DI dont think they every played games where from the start you are doomed to fail.

@"Sikieiki.3189" said:Mirage cloak instead of dodge roll shouldn't have ever been a thing in PvP, it's factually a good thing mirage won't be playable anymore. Now hopefully ANet will properly balance around core mesmer

If mirage becomes unplayable, mesmer will have zero elite specs in pvp.

@"Sikieiki.3189" said:

@"Sikieiki.3189" said:Mirage cloak instead of dodge roll shouldn't have ever been a thing in PvP, it's factually a good thing mirage won't be playable anymore. Now hopefully ANet will properly balance around core mesmer

If mirage becomes unplayable, mesmer will have zero elite specs in pvp.

Thats why I said ANet should balance mesmer properly around core/no elite spec. Both elite specs are really toxic in a PvP gamemode.How can you not see how ridiculous that Is? This games player base is the biggest meme in any game in the history of ever.