[Mesmer] PvP oriented feedback about bad skills

Tayga.3192

@Tayga.3192 said:

@Leonidrex.5649 said:People, warden deals alot of damage. In fact it deals as much damage as perfectly landed Gs4, including 4 ticks from berserker and double hit from the blade.The reason why warden doesnt feel influential is becouse it hits targets at random. pets, illusions, other people that are at full hp anyways.Making warden focus the target would be a good consistency buff.Fix whats inconsistent, frustrating etc etc. worry about numbers later.

As I said, I'm asking for utility buffs and keeping the scattered damage (focus is a defensive weapon, not a single target damage weapon).

Mesmer focus is more of a utility weapon than a defensive/support weapon. Healing and boonspam are not thematic to focus' weapon identity, especially for mesmer focus, which should probably have more innate and reliable projectile hate without having to trait for it.

It is allowed to have damage, since weapon phantasms are specifically designed to do damage (and how foci on other classes can do damage). Warden in particular could do with some QoL where 50% of the projectiles actually target the target and is not subject to randomly targeting useless things such as dead corpses and objects, and maybe a hefty HP buff given its fragile and longer lifetime.

@Noodle Ant.1605 said:Mesmer focus is more of a utility weapon than a defensive/support weapon. Healing and boonspam are not thematic to focus' weapon identity, especially for mesmer focus, which should probably have more innate and reliable projectile hate without having to trait for it.It's projectile hate only protects itself right now. Since I'm getting criticism over it I'll edit my first post.

It is allowed to have damage, since weapon phantasms are specifically designed to do damage (and how foci on other classes can do damage). Warden in particular could do with some QoL where 50% of the projectiles actually target the target and is not subject to randomly targeting useless things such as dead corpses and objects, and maybe a hefty HP buff given its fragile and longer lifetime.Thanks for your input.

I will add some of my thoughts of what would be good changes ( in my opinion ) to the class/weapon/whatever.https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Sand_Through_Glass -> should overwrite any action made, not wait to the end of an action. this fact alone makes this clunky and unusable for me.Axe 3 -> this should more reliably hit, and more reliably teleport after its target. Have the ability at least try to teleport on the same elevation as the target, teleporting at the bottom of the stair as melee weapon sucks, expecially since its random AND evade, so you are forced to use it meaning the wapon WILL screw you over, just a matter of time.Torch 5 -> I dont know what can be done, but the phantasm should be able to land its attack more reliably, currently its a joke.Phantasmal Disenchanter -> I compare to https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Break_Enchantments .1 it casts 4 times slower. 2 it has twice the cooldown. 3 its projectile, not aoe so it gets blocked on pebbles + BE is aoe so it hits through walls and more reliably lands in AoE.PD was strong when chrono was playable due to Chronophantasma ( doubled its rip value ). What can be done is make it deal bonus damage when removing boons, not the other way around, and reduce its cast time. 1s is waaaay too long. I dont see a reason to ever used it over AT, even with AT being bugged its still more reliable.

@"Leonidrex.5649" said:

Axe 3 -> this should more reliably hit, and more reliably teleport after its target. Have the ability at least try to teleport on the same elevation as the target, teleporting at the bottom of the stair as melee weapon sucks, expecially since its random AND evade, so you are forced to use it meaning the wapon WILL screw you over, just a matter of time.

People have complained about this since pof beta, ANerf changed it's "accuracy" a little bit before release. So chances are they've no clue how to make it less clunky and buggy.

@Lincolnbeard.1735 fair. Its still worth a shot to mention it, if they can make it better then nice, if not the sucks.Axe is my favourite mes weapon, and yet I cant play too many games with it becouse this skill alone enrages me after couple of times.I have to play axe with moderation ;p@"Tayga.3192"https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/84289/qol-changes#latestnot to take over the topic or anything but there are some good QoL changes from me and alot of other mesmers, worth taking a read.PS ofc it turned out into a shit fest as every mesmer post should :Dedited post, removed slur that didnt get changed to kitten, to not get a warn ;p

Every mesmer thread that is raising awareness is good. Even if they don't take our ideas, they will surely pay more attention to mesmer.

You sure that is a positive thing? xD Not that in the end even core Mesmer will get a trade off.

I tryharded to find an overexaggerating nerf idea to core Mesmer they could do but they indeed used the worst and most unlogical with maximum lack of respecting class mechanics changes already for the elites. Cannot imagine something worse for my joke as what they have done already. Rip joke.

Every mesmer thread that is raising awareness is good. Even if they don't take our ideas, they will surely pay more attention to mesmer.

You sure that is a positive thing? xD Not that in the end even core Mesmer will get a trade off.

I tryharded to find an overexaggerating nerf idea to core Mesmer they could do but they indeed used the worst and most unlogical with maximum lack of respecting class mechanics changes already for the elites. Cannot imagine something worse for my joke as what they have done already. Rip joke.

if someone told me 1 month ago that mirage will have 50 max endurance I would laugh at him.Im usually of the mind of " expect nothing and you will not be dissapointed "I expected nothing and im most definitely let down, ill still play mirage for the memes.Im sure my teammates will love to see my mirage as much as they like to see me play chrono now :D

@"apharma.3741" said:Just see how it plays out, enough crying over "my class gets hit". Nobody cares, the broad direction is sorely needed and there will be casualties but it can be tweaked at a later date.

Wrong thread. These aren't skills that are affected by nerfs.I am asking for reworks like explosions, corruption, death magic, preparations etc.

@Lincolnbeard.1735 said:

Axe 3 -> this should more reliably hit, and more reliably teleport after its target. Have the ability at least try to teleport on the same elevation as the target, teleporting at the bottom of the stair as melee weapon sucks, expecially since its random AND evade, so you are forced to use it meaning the wapon WILL screw you over, just a matter of time.

People have complained about this since pof beta, ANerf changed it's "accuracy" a little bit before release. So chances are they've no clue how to make it less clunky and buggy.

Could they just make it like Rev sword 3 that always tracks its target, or would that be broken?

@Leonidrex.5649 said:Torch 5 -> I dont know what can be done, but the phantasm should be able to land its attack more reliably, currently its a joke.

Make it chase and land like Ranger's Bambi?

@Twilight Tempest.7584for Axe 3, I wish mesmer and clones would simply be attached to enemy model, and after the hit is finished they would be left where they need to be.But that could make issues with cliping in walls and hovering in air.For torch 5 I wish the phantasm would throw fireball like in fantasy, that would be so satisfactory, mmmmmm one can dream.

• 2 weeks later...

@Tayga.3192 said:This thread will also include feedback about some of the changes in the next patch. I will add more stuff if I remember anything. Feel free to discuss.GlamoursMedic's Feedback trait should be reworked into a more general glamour trait. It should:

1. Reduce glamour cooldowns by 15/20%
  2. Add new mechanics to every glamour skill, such as:Null Field should remove 1 more boon every pulse.Feedback should remove and prevent poison when applied and revive allies.Portal should last 60 seconds instead of 30 seconds.Veil should give a long aegis to allies who passed through it. (I think this skill won't suddenly become usable in PvP with just a small change, but okay.)Time Warp should apply 1/2 seconds of chill on every pulse. (A cooldown reduction regardless of the trait would be good)

First of all really nice ideas there. As I am invited here ( :) ) I want to comment on them.In the current meta, your opinions are really good. They might bring glamours back into the field. Especially with the cooldown reduction. (I would want to see the old glamour trait where you could apply confusion to those pass through it, but with the current confusion mechanics it would really be meh or op.)

Mesmer skills, in my opinion, should be unique. Spellbreakers bubble was what null field should be combined with condition removal (still as a field not mobile ofc). No conditions, no boons was the biggest thing it wouldve provided. 2 conditions and 2 boons would really be cool. (There was also a crazy idea where people discussed that null field should prevent aoe fields in the area but that seems nearly impossible to me.)

Feedback's ability is really common nowadays. Everyone can reflect projectiles mostly. And they can do it while they move, and without a giant pink bubble to tell it. Again the uniqueness is hard to achieve. Maybe even reflecting unblockables would be cool but balance wise I dont have any idea on this. But I am sure that revive percent is really meh for me. Preventing poison works really well actually, but there are more dangerous conditions that people spam. So anything more would be appreciated for feedback.

Portal should last 60 seconds. :)

Veil is a problematic one. The stealth duration should be longer in my opinion. But with that cooldown, nothing would save it. It works in some zerg tactics so we might be settled with that.

I would disagree on the time warp. I always imagined that as a powerful boost to your allies so instead of chill, I would offer alacrity and/or superspeed for thematic purposes. And a cooldown reduction would really be welcomed.

Again you have really great ideas and they seem to be more appropriate than ones I have for the current meta of the game. My thoughts are lingering in the past so my ideas are too :)

Time warp could last shorter ammout, lower CD. make it give burst of superspeed upon entering and pulsing alacrity and quickness.90s cd. 6s quickness and alacrity. 2-3s of superspeed.There is alot of unique things that could be shoved into mesmer to make it what its supposed to be.Make power block reduce power and not apply weakness.Debuff that pulses, removes boons with each pulse.Ability that redirects damage back to the target. for example I cast a "curse" on you. after 1s all the dmg you deal comes back to you for 3s. then effect ends.Mesmer to thematically fit what it was needs to have more boon removal and unique kiterry like unique CC, unique debuffs.Will never happen ofc :D

• 2 weeks later...