Smokescreen might be the single most broken ability in the game

Zenix.6198

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

@"Dantheman.3589" said:It definitely good but like I had a match against a perma stealth dp thief with this and he obviously had less 1v1 potential outside of backstab so I would just make him stealth decap node while he perma stealthed(about 15ish secs) which he cannot drop like a de can but just DJing. Guess what I just rotated to mid 1 shot their ele, without stealth btw and rotated back. That 15 secs of useless because he thought he was invincible becuz of this. It has counter play and lets be honest it’s not true invulnerability it’s just kind of a really huge area since the rework, possibly over worked with too much blind but can it get kills for u? No, but it can be super good in down state battles other than that it’s just a super op blind field for thiefs

Please do enlighten me, what counterplay does a skill that perma blinds when in melee and destroys projectiles when not have?Other than "just leave lul"?

Smoke Screen

You can do evasive attacks into the field and they will hit,

Not to pour gas on this pathetic little garbage fire...but I am pretty sure evading attacks will still get hit with blind fields. If a person is landing attacks evading into a blind field its because it happened in between a blind pulse.

Nah whirlwind attack for example lands damage

yes because it hits multiple times in a 1 second window...it can still eat blind.

And? When I'm on warrior cleaving inside feilds I'm ok my hits aren't 100% guaranteed as what would even be the point of the feilds? I'm just glad there multiple counter play options as is and that my hits have basically a 50/50 chance to hit. Miss once ur sec will probably connect,big deal. Man what's wrong with u people,no wonder games where it is u all want ur fights given to u added by specs designed to carry players lol.

Was just correcting your false info not put gas on the dumpster fire.

@Justine.6351 said:

@"Dantheman.3589" said:It definitely good but like I had a match against a perma stealth dp thief with this and he obviously had less 1v1 potential outside of backstab so I would just make him stealth decap node while he perma stealthed(about 15ish secs) which he cannot drop like a de can but just DJing. Guess what I just rotated to mid 1 shot their ele, without stealth btw and rotated back. That 15 secs of useless because he thought he was invincible becuz of this. It has counter play and lets be honest it’s not true invulnerability it’s just kind of a really huge area since the rework, possibly over worked with too much blind but can it get kills for u? No, but it can be super good in down state battles other than that it’s just a super op blind field for thiefs

Please do enlighten me, what counterplay does a skill that perma blinds when in melee and destroys projectiles when not have?Other than "just leave lul"?

Smoke Screen

Not to pour gas on this pathetic little garbage fire...but I am pretty sure evading attacks will still get hit with blind fields. If a person is landing attacks evading into a blind field its because it happened in between a blind pulse.

yes because it hits multiple times in a 1 second window...it can still eat blind.

And? When I'm on warrior cleaving inside feilds I'm ok my hits aren't 100% guaranteed as what would even be the point of the feilds? I'm just glad there multiple counter play options as is and that my hits have basically a 50/50 chance to hit. Miss once ur sec will probably connect,big deal. Man what's wrong with u people,no wonder games where it is u all want ur fights given to u added by specs designed to carry players lol.

False info? I never stated u would hit every hit or not be effected by blind but ok.

@Justine.6351 said:

Smoke Screen

just run in and swing blindly, quite literally.thats the counterplay, take it or leave it.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

Smoke Screen

False info? I never stated u would hit every hit or not be effected by blind but ok.

You insinuated evading attacks wernt affected by blind fields.

@Justine.6351 said:

Smoke Screen

Nope just stating cleave can and will damage thief while HS'ing in the field

The problem is not 1v1ing d/p, it's 5v5ing it.

Smokescreen can be used on revives/cleaves, on or off point, 2k range away from you or in point blank range (you can smokescreen heartseeker steal backstab and still have a lot of initiative and smokescreen would still be up).

I'd say 35s cd with 4 or 5 seconds duration would be better.

I mean, they can just chrono it and add a shadow aura which would blind on hit. A shadow field would give this aura on you and aoe with leaps and blasts respectively. Would be funny.

@Justine.6351 said:

Smoke Screen

If you are evading and start the attack before smoke hits or from outside the circle, they are not affected by "smoke fields".

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Evade

Smoke fields are not "un-evadeable".

Rev sword 3 can start from outside the field, and you will land every single hit.

To make sure I wasn't being flunked, I went and read up.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Smoke_field

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

Smoke Screen

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Hundred_Blades

Doesnt evade but you should hit with more than half the attacks.

There are ways to deal with smoke screen.

But thief should not have any defense.

But, I see all you have to do now is pick the strong trait or skill in a meta build, perhaps a few, and then create a qq thread and keep it going by bumps, or alt bumps.

Get enough mains of the class antsy and they will keep it going for you.

Now I wait for the patch to hit, the mats to be played, and we will prove this theory.

@Crab Fear.1624 said:

Smoke Screen

But, I see all you have to do now is pick the strong trait or skill in a meta build, perhaps a few, and then create a qq thread and keep it going by bumps, or alt bumps.

Now I wait for the patch to hit, the mats to be played, and we will prove this theory.

Sry, but claiming that "you still hit half your attacks" is a counterplay option ....is the weakest argument yet lmao.

@Zenix.6198 said:

Smoke Screen

Sry, but claiming that "you still hit half your attacks" is a counterplay option ....is the weakest argument yet lmao.

No.

I was pointing out a non evade multi hit skill for cleave that psychoprophet was probably referring to.

You expecting to hit with everything is what is lmao.

@Crab Fear.1624 said:

Smoke Screen

If you are evading and start the attack before smoke hits or from outside the circle, they are not affected by "smoke fields".

Rev sword 3 can start from outside the field, and you will land every single hit.

I was waiting for it for a while, tired to see you claiming this. Getting sick of theif mains that dont even know how their own skills/mechanics works. . Like another thief main (coincidence?) didnt know that reflect count as your own damage.So, congrats, you were all the time wrong. They are unblockable and unavoidable and will blind through evade/blocks once per pulse. Smoke screen and black powder, both, how long was that ? I dont know, since forever I guess? How many years passed and they still dont know?

@Odik.4587 said:

Smoke Screen

I was waiting for it for a while, tired to see you claiming this. Getting sick of theif mains that dont even know how their own skills/mechanics works. . Like another thief main (coincidence?) didnt know that reflect count as your own damage.So, congrats, you were all the time wrong. They are unblockable and unavoidable and will blind through evade/blocks once per pulse. Smoke screen and black powder, both, how long was that ? I dont know, since forever I guess? How many years passed and they still dont know?

ty for the info.yeah i think i confused crab with psyco, understandable of course.

@Justine.6351 said:

Smoke Screen

ty for the info.yeah i think i confused crab with psyco, understandable of course.

Haven't observed this behavior personally.

You would figure a wiki over 7 years old would include all fields being unavoidable. Which they do on the on ones we know that have this property.

SMOKE fields are no listed as such, and I have never witness my attacks miss when I timed my evade through it.

This goes into speculation as far as I am concerned.

The evade page talks about players misjudging their own ability to dodge though.

Edit:

But if a dev can confirm that I am wrong and this is true, great.

I just cant find anything to contradict me.

@Crab Fear.1624 said:

Smoke Screen

Haven't observed this behavior personally.

You would figure a wiki over 7 years old would include all fields being unavoidable. Which they do on the on ones we know that have this property.

SMOKE fields are no listed as such, and I have never witness my attacks miss when I timed my evade through it.

The evade page talks about players misjudging their own ability to dodge though.

Edit:

But if a dev can confirm that I am wrong and this is true, great.

I just cant find anything to contradict me.

i play hammer rev and phase smash will get blinded if i put my character through it. If i want to hit camp npcs in a blinding powder for example, I land my character in front of the scouts instead of on top of them or it will miss.

@Crab Fear.1624 said:Haven't observed this behavior personally.

The evade page talks about players misjudging their own ability to dodge though.If you would ever played the game, you would notice how stuff works, simple as that. Wiki written/edited by players, if I'd care enough I would written it years ago.Edit:But if a dev can confirm that I am wrong and this is true, great.I just cant find anything to contradict me.You think too high of yourself and demand the dev to come here to confirm something that you can test yourself :joy:

@Odik.4587 said:

The evade page talks about players misjudging their own ability to dodge though.If you would ever played the game, you would notice how stuff works, simple as that. Wiki written/edited by players, if I'd care enough I would written it years ago.Edit:But if a dev can confirm that I am wrong and this is true, great.I just cant find anything to contradict me.You think too high of yourself and demand the dev to come here to confirm something that you can test yourself :joy:

No, I just dont think enough of you to take YOUR word.

@Crab Fear.1624 said:

No, I just dont think enough of you to take YOUR word.Personal hate, I'm flattered ! :blush:Like it or not I'm right. Do yourself a favor - before claiming something - test it yourself."What do you know? Oops, know your facts before you come at me, lil' goof" - EM's Killshot

@Crab Fear.1624 said:

Just tested this with a friend of mine in a private arena.Got blinded both times on GS3 and Bull's Charge when "evading" through the field (as In you start the animation outside of it and end it outside of it).Bull's charge is a bit wonky tho, since have to start it relatively close to the field. If you start the animation far enough way and end it just outside the field, you dont get blinded....but that might just be due to RNG on the blind intervals part.

@Zenix.6198 said:

Just tested this with a friend of mine in a private arena.Got blinded both times on GS3 and Bull's Charge when "evading" through the field (as In you start the animation outside of it and end it outside of it).Bull's charge is a bit wonky tho, since have to start it relatively close to the field. If you start the animation far enough way and end it just outside the field, you dont get blinded....but that might just be due to RNG on the blind intervals part.

lol, there is a way to avoid smoke fields and it is from a habit of mine, can you tell what it is?

@Crab Fear.1624 said:

lol, there is a way to avoid smoke fields and it is from a habit of mine, can you tell what it is?

@Crab Fear.1624 said:I tested it and it seems the blind is pulsing faster than 1 second intervals, it seems to be about 0.5 secs

Look at the very end of the video you linked. You can see the re-application doesn't happen, before the timer on the stack runs out. It is 1 sec, but you have to account for latency, desync, spikes in latency (volatility?)

TLDR: What you see on your screen (on the receiving end), isn't necessarily what your opponent is seeing/doing on their end. This is why GW2 never made is as an E-sport. That and the petting zoo.

@ArlAlt.1630 said:

@Crab Fear.1624 said:I tested it and it seems the blind is pulsing faster than 1 second intervals, it seems to be about 0.5 secs

Look at the very end of the video you linked. You can see the re-application doesn't happen, before the timer on the stack runs out. It is 1 sec, but you have to account for latency, desync, spikes in latency (volatility?)

TLDR: What you see on your screen (on the receiving end), isn't necessarily what your opponent is seeing/doing on their end. This is why GW2 never made is as an E-sport. That and the petting zoo.

I am the player in the video.

You can jump attack over smoke fields and not get blinded lol

@Crab Fear.1624 said:

I am the player in the video.

You can jump attack over smoke fields and not get blinded lol

...for now.