Earth Traitline Suggestions

Downstate.4697

@"Jski.6180" said:All of earth line has is 2 traits not even a GM that effects condis and they are not that good to start with 20% bleed duration is ok but 5% more dmg vs bleeding target is nothing for a condi build. More condi dmg is nice as well as bleed on root but its has a cd that worst then most on crit condi and because its root its harder to trigger. Even fire line has more to do with condi dmg then earth line at least it has a blind and a real means of making its condi stronger though might. Maybe if there was a "take less dmg vs bleeding targets" in GM i could see your point but as things stand its more or less a tag on to give anet an excuse to keeping earth skills and the earth trait line weak.

I agree with you, fire is a lot better for condi. Earth is just adding some minor condi damage. I don't even understand how ANet has been missing that point. Earth is so outdated.

Strenght of Stone ICD is stupid as immobilize is already a rare condition. Plus 3 bleeding on a single target is far from OP...Rock Solid, does anyone has ever used it ? 1 stack of stability is already weak, but on top of that, it's only 2 seconds !!Earthen Blessing has a nice concept, but it should decrease duration up to 50-75% to be worth considering. Reaper's one reduce is 66% in Reaper form. Earth should be stronger, I mean, look at all those earth monsters immune to soft or hard CC.Diamond Skin is only good on a tanky build and Earth line doesn't really help with this. Especially because Stone Heart is one of the best trait to be tankier, but it only works on earth, which makes it less desirable.

Imo earth line is just too situational. Only in earth, when attune in earth, or only above x% hp, and you only apply bleeding in earth, while there are numerous ways to apply burning/might stacks outside fire, making fire line more flexible to situations. Earth is dedicated to camping on a class that can not.

Key takeaways about what people would like to see so far.

• bleed not reliant on earth weapons
  • access to barriers
  • less dependency on being in earth atonement
  • reliable stability access

Possible fixes based on suggestions

Earthen Blast- trait retired replaced with Earthen Barrier

Earthen Barrier- gain 500 barrier when attuning to earth

Serrated Stones - retired. Replaced by Bleeding Precision.

Bleeding Precision - 10% chance to bleed for 3s on critical hit. 10% bleeding duration increase.

Rock Solid- whenever you apply protection to yourself gain 2s of stability. No longer affects allies. 5s icd

Stone Heart - Critical hits applied to you reduced by 30%. (Not sure if game is capable of calculating this)

Diamond skin - reduce incoming condition duration by 40% as long as you have protection.

Cough, cough!

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/90607/earth-traitline-is-in-need-of-buffs#latest

Idk, I felt like I must at least mention the older post. Of course, buffing earth should be a group effort. I like the new idea for diamond skin the most.

Serrated stones does need a buff. Bleeding damage should be an optimal source of condition damage for Eles. I would recommend a different approach though. Bleeding on crit is too similar to arcane precision. It also encourages precision traiting, when you're really trying to trait more condi damage

@"Stallic.2397" said:Cough, cough!

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/90607/earth-traitline-is-in-need-of-buffs#latest

Idk, I felt like I must at least mention the older post. Of course, buffing earth should be a group effort. I like the new idea for diamond skin the most.

Serrated stones does need a buff. Bleeding damage should be an optimal source of condition damage for Eles. I would recommend a different approach though. Bleeding on crit is too similar to arcane precision. It also encourages precision traiting, when you're really trying to trait more condi damage

Giving tectonic shift on stab along with gaining stab every attunement swap would give weavers too much stability and barrier imo.

Giving stab whenever you apply protection to yourself let's you synergize with elemental attunement and elemental shielding for on demand stab.

Tectonic shift is a great idea, but I think should be added elsewhere in the traitline.

You could maybe add it to earthen blessing. Remove the endurance gain and instead gain tectonic shift if affected by a movement impairing condition.

Written in stone change you suggested I'm not sure about. Conceptually, its interesting, but, signets are just bad in general and this still wouldn't make them viable. They need stronger effects and I'm not sure giving them some barrier is enough.

@FrownyClown.8402 said:

@"Stallic.2397" said:Cough, cough!

Giving tectonic shift on stab along with gaining stab every attunement swap would give weavers too much stability and barrier imo.

Giving stab whenever you apply protection to yourself let's you synergize with elemental attunement and elemental shielding for on demand stab.

Tectonic shift is a great idea, but I think should be added elsewhere in the traitline.

You could maybe add it to earthen blessing. Remove the endurance gain and instead gain tectonic shift if affected by a movement impairing condition.

Written in stone change you suggested I'm not sure about. Conceptually, its interesting, but, signets are just bad in general and this still wouldn't make them viable. They need stronger effects and I'm not sure giving them some barrier is enough.

It was later suggested to put stab on signet use instead of barrier. But given the coming balance patch, where Stab is being removed/nerfed game wide. I doubt any suggested buffs to stab will be implemented. But I do agree, Rock solid isn't strong enough

If armor of earth is getting a huge Cooldown nerf, Anet should just replace it soon and add another source of defense/stab instead.

Tectonic shift with earthen blessing is a good idea.

Any though on maybe making Elemental Shield have an aoe stab 3 stack 4 duration on aura transmutation ontop of its protection on auras? I realty think every line should have an transmutation on it giving them a real use for the core ele. I like to see an air one as well as water one.

@FrownyClown.8402 said:Written in stone change you suggested I'm not sure about. Conceptually, its interesting, but, signets are just bad in general and this still wouldn't make them viable. They need stronger effects and I'm not sure giving them some barrier is enough.

Exactly, ele signets are almost terrible except 2 of them: healing and fire.If I pick written in stone, it is only for those 2...