Download suck on 50.916 Files..

First, pardon my English.

I wanted to play Guild Wars 2 again after years and I had to install it, of course.but the launcher starts to download nothing after 50.000 files for 3MB and then it drops down to 0kb/s I have tried some things, like -assetsrv or IPv6

I've been stuck on ''remaining files 50,916'' for hours

I'm trying to install it on a 2 hard drive, SSD.

8c9da478ea.png

Had the same issue, what helped was this thread:he updated it, but i missed it and found it a page later so to make it clear I copied the important thing. If it wasn't that thing check the thread there were many people who came up with many ideashttps://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/94654/download-refuses-to-proceed-please-help/p1I have fixed it!For future reference, it's very simple; here's how(it was 1 of 2 things):If you're on Windows 10 go to Control Panel>Network and Internet>Network and Sharing Center. On the left-hand side, click "Change adapter settings". This will open a new window of various connections. Right click the connection you are using and click on Properties, you'll be under the Networking tab in the next box that opens. UNCHECK QoS Packet Scheduler and make sure IPv6 is checked. You're done. For good measure, make sure you are using the Google DNS addresses.

Just got a sparkly new Alienware machine and was SO excited about playing GW2. And like so many others, am stuck.

For me it's at around 254,660 files still to go. Or 25gb of download in. Every time it stalls here. Insanely maddening. I had unchecked QoS Packet Scheduler and made sure IPv6 was checked this time - so not that (for me)

• 2 weeks later...

@"Wutzii.1279" said:Sorry for not answering the thread, I just didn't feel like doing it because I think something like this should just work. Got it fixed, downloaded it from the US server, looks like something is broken on the EU server.

Nope, you just had to use the Search function of this forum to find the solution: :)

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/1125055#Comment_1125055

@Healix.5819 said:

@"Fleabite.7528" said:And like so many others, am stuck.

There's currently a problem with some of the patch servers. Use the main server by launching with:

-assetsrv origincdn.101.arenanetworks.com

(only use this for as long as it takes to get past where it's stuck)

I was stuck at ~50k FILES REMAINING. I tried this (-assetsrv origincdn.101.arenanetworks.com) then gave up, and found this: -assetsrv 54.84.216.160, in another forum entry. This seemed to limit my download speed to ~500KB/SEC, and I was doubting it's effectiveness. But, after 5-10 minutes i suddenly saw that the 'FILES REMAINING' started dropping again. Then I closed the download, and removed the "-assetsrv 54.84.216.160", and now it seems to be downloading the remaining 40k files just as well as it did the first 90% of the total download.

Not saying that "-assetsrv origincdn.101.arenanetworks.com" wont work, but the other one somehow worked for me. I'm an EU player. I don't know much about how this whole issue works, but just wanted to add to the possible solutions. Only missing ~30k files atm.

@Slaskexd.3796 said:

There's currently a problem with some of the patch servers. Use the main server by launching with:

I was stuck at ~50k FILES REMAINING. I tried this (-assetsrv origincdn.101.arenanetworks.com) then gave up, and found this: -assetsrv 54.84.216.160, in
. This seemed to limit my download speed to ~500KB/SEC, and I was doubting it's effectiveness. But, after 5-10 minutes i suddenly saw that the 'FILES REMAINING' started dropping again. Then I closed the download, and removed the "-assetsrv 54.84.216.160", and now it seems to be downloading the remaining 40k files just as well as it did the first 90% of the total download.

Not saying that "-assetsrv origincdn.101.arenanetworks.com" wont work, but the other one somehow worked for me. I'm an EU player. I don't know much about how this whole issue works, but just wanted to add to the possible solutions. Only missing ~30k files atm.

Finally that helped for me too within 20 minutes. I tried every other asset server and every hint I foung here & at reddit so far - nothing helped. This particular server did it. Amazing stuff and another bad technical issue Anet cannot solve within months.

@Slaskexd.3796 said:

I was stuck at ~50k FILES REMAINING. I tried this (-assetsrv origincdn.101.arenanetworks.com) then gave up, and found this: -assetsrv 54.84.216.160, in
. This seemed to limit my download speed to ~500KB/SEC, and I was doubting it's effectiveness. But, after 5-10 minutes i suddenly saw that the 'FILES REMAINING' started dropping again. Then I closed the download, and removed the "-assetsrv 54.84.216.160", and now it seems to be downloading the remaining 40k files just as well as it did the first 90% of the total download.

It works.I did it as you said and it just suddenly begin to download files. Then I removed the "-assetsrv XX.XX.XXX.XXX" and it begin to download normally.

It's a shame that ArenaNet did not have solution to this issue. I've found several threads talking about this from 2012, 2016, 2018... and arenanet doesn't have even a post where they help you to fix the problem.

GOOOOOOOD thank you so much Slaskexd.3796 !!!I can confirm that the WAITING part is very important, but the " -assetsrv 54.84.216.160 " works, do use it if you are on EU (not sure if that would work on NA though) and you have the same problem ^^Was as desperate as you guys were, and about to give up too, and this final test worked :3Anet.... Really Anet....