Roaming MvM (Thief)

ciciax.1345

@"ciciax.1345" said:Do not miss my first video of many that will come ->

well im playing thief, and ye well i dunno...

all u did in first 2 min hide > signet > backstab > heuhuehue?fact that ur from around 1:50 trying to panic stealth while marked is the obvious that ur not quite ready yet :D

@PeerlessArch.6547 said:LOL...abusing mechanics in the game that are legitimately there to use -- good one.

Abuse doesn't have to be illegitimate.

Abuse means wanton and excessive usage to the point of unhealthiness.

Stealth in this game is notorious for being extremely hard to deal with and a 14 minute long video with nothing but Stealth spam just drives this point home.

No need to be snide about it, it's no secret that no one likes Stealth, no one likes to play against Stealth and Stealth honestly needs to be toned way down.

Videos like these are just proof of the matter since OP is obviously extremely unskilled at Thief and only got away with it due to the excessive Stealth application.

@Kovu.7560 said:Nothing quite so amusing as watching two thieves bounce in smoke fiends next to each other knowing the first one to come out of stealth dies.

~ Kovu

Don't have to wait for anyone to come out of stealth if you can cleave or you zeroed in on their vibe, you can even kind of tell sometimes what direction or where someone will be at when they're trying to shake you by masking their direction in stealth. I like Cloak & Dagger + Tactical strike to pop a ranger or thief or whatever out of stealth but Backstab is nice if they're glass. Some combos are just too many steaps or take too long to bother though and I'll just have to wait for you to unstealth but that's not a big deal if I haven't spent everything already.

@Yasai.3549 said:

@PeerlessArch.6547 said:LOL...
abusing
mechanics in the game that are legitimately there to use -- good one.

Abuse doesn't have to be illegitimate.

Abuse means wanton and excessive usage to the point of unhealthiness.

Stealth in this game is notorious for being extremely hard to deal with and a 14 minute long video with nothing but Stealth spam just drives this point home.

No need to be snide about it, it's no secret that no one likes Stealth, no one likes to play against Stealth and Stealth honestly needs to be toned way down.

Videos like these are just proof of the matter since OP is obviously extremely unskilled at Thief and only got away with it due to the excessive Stealth application.

I'm sure the Op is skilled but it is Stealth that is badly designed in this game that make it look like the Op wasn't trying hard enough

-its just more reasons why they make fun of guild wars 2 and it isn't the Op fault for being given a gimmick design profession.

@Burnfall.9573 said:

I'm sure the Op is skilled but it is Stealth that is badly designed in this game that make it look like the Op wasn't trying hard enough

-its just more reasons why they make fun of guild wars 2 and it isn't the Op fault for being given a gimmick design profession.

No he isn't.He was panic spamming Stealth combo while revealed at some points of the video.

@Yasai.3549 said:

No he isn't.He was panic spamming Stealth combo while revealed at some points of the video.

the Op could've posted this in Thief Profession own sub-thread but didn't. I am not defending a badly design stealth mechanic but is defending the Op for attempting to play his/her profession of choice at the moment which is Thief Profession at his/her comfort. Panic or not; spamming a broken mechanic or not, it is his/her first video, what matters is the Op posted his/her video here as an attempt to showcase his/her gameplay. Also for trying, failing and learning again....that's all there is to it

As i always said, my issue is not with Thief Profession players but with their designs, Yasai, i also do not blame anyone for playing a Toxic design profession because it is not their fault and never will. Anet are the ones who are fully responsible for Thief Profession unhealthy influence and its negative impact in the game; not the players.

In conclusion; Yasai I support and stand by the Op and give him/her credit

-Good Job! Ciciax-+1

I've played a stealth thief for a long time but this does remind me why I grew tired of it. The constant hiding in the shadows got kind of annoying to me as the one doing it after a while. I also usually don't fight stealth thieves. There's more than a fair chance that I'd die while trying to do it anyway (because I'm not too proud to admit that I lack the skill), but that's not what gets me. I just feel like it's a waste of time trying to chase after something I can't see. Go dance in stealth around someone else while I'll go and be anywhere else, lol. But that's all just an Anet problem. Players are just given the class the way it is an can do whatever they want with it. Stealth is an annoying and often broken game mechanic but it's there and people are gonna use it. Can't exactly blame them for that.

@Flipje.8172 said:that's all just an Anet problem. Players are just given the class the way it is an can do whatever they want with it. Stealth is an annoying and often broken game mechanic but it's there and people are gonna use it. Can't exactly blame them for that.Yep, the developers have made the problem, but the players have to live with it.

@"RedShark.9548" said:I like how the thumbnail reveals all there is to current thief gameplay. "bad karma"

And i dont even believe in karma, but for thief players i make an exception.

Just remember for every Thief montage out there, there is an equal number of DH or SB montages which features hardcore dumps on Thief.That is the true bad karma, for being a bad stealth spamming thief.