Can we get a rune/sigil that works with commands?

voltaicbore.8012

I grudgingly accepted the rework that reclassified our shouts into 'commands', under the assumption that maybe a new e-spec traitline was coming around that would actually synergize with the reclassification. Since that's clearly not going to happen in the near future, I'd really like to see just one set of runes or sigils that work with commands, despite that rune/sigil not having any use outside of ranger commands.

It just seems dumb that scrappers can get their gyros reclassified as wells and gain new synergy with well runes, and we get shouts taken away and replaced with absolutely nothing.

Not sure about it but I think "commands" do have use outside of the rangers. On the upcoming patch notes, the devs specifically referred to, Ele's elemental's active skills(and also Necros), as commands. Perhaps it is the same with Ranger's spirits, Guardians spirit weapons, etc...

"Glyph of Elementals: Reduced recharge from 90 seconds to 40 seconds in PvE only. Command skills for Elementals are now considered elite skills for the purposes of runes and traits. Elementals will now play an effect when commanded to indicate that they are using a special skill. Additionally the command skill is no longer restricted to being in-combat and behaves similarly to necromancer command skills."

They should defiantly create a rune set to cover the these skills.

@"LughLongArm.5460" said:Not sure about it but I think "commands" do have use outside of the rangers. On the upcoming patch notes, the devs specifically referred to, Ele's elemental's active skills(and also Necros), as commands. Perhaps it is the same with Ranger's spirits, Guardians spirit weapons, etc...

I noticed those proposed changes too, but decided not to include them since rangers are currently the only class that the devs saw fit to slap with the 'command' reclassification in the live game. One would hope that 2 other classes with 'command'-able pets means that we'd get more traits/runes/sigils that actually work with them.

I was expecting a rune set to come shortly after they changed our shouts to command skills. Seemed strange they even changed it without adding a new rune. Anet logic.

What I'd like to see (it would kinda be OP tho):Rune of commands (enter some lame name for it)+25 power+35 toughness

• 5% boon duration+65 toughness+100 powerActivating a command skill grants the effect of the skill to 5 allies within 240 range

@FrownyClown.8402 said:Rune of the Beast+25 power+35 precision+50 power+65 precision+100 powerGain +10% damage for 5s after activating a command.

I kinda like this, as I run my ranger on glass cannon builds. There would probably have to be a cooldown on the 6pc bonus though, since we can run 5 commands and chain them for a long time.

@hobotnicax.7918 said:I was expecting a rune set to come shortly after they changed our shouts to command skills. Seemed strange they even changed it without adding a new rune. Anet logic.

What I'd like to see (it would kinda be OP tho):Rune of commands (enter some lame name for it)+25 power+35 toughness

• 5% boon duration+65 toughness+100 powerActivating a command skill grants the effect of the skill to 5 allies within 240 range

If we're going the defensive route (which I assume you are with toughness), I'd much rather just have the old trooper rune cleanse-on-command option back. And being able to copy all boons for 5 people with We Heal as One does sound a bit OP, but if you think about the rest of the commands, they really don't do much for you personally. I think Guard would be a nice way to have core ranger be able to fill the mightstacking role though, which would be interesting.

@voltaicbore.8012 said:

@FrownyClown.8402 said:Rune of the Beast+25 power+35 precision+50 power+65 precision+100 powerGain +10% damage for 5s after activating a command.

I kinda like this, as I run my ranger on glass cannon builds. There would probably have to be a cooldown on the 6pc bonus though, since we can run 5 commands and chain them for a long time.

@hobotnicax.7918 said:I was expecting a rune set to come shortly after they changed our shouts to command skills. Seemed strange they even changed it without adding a new rune. Anet logic.

If we're going the defensive route (which I assume you are with toughness), I'd much rather just have the old trooper rune cleanse-on-command option back. And being able to copy all boons for 5 people with We Heal as One
does
sound a bit OP, but if you think about the rest of the commands, they really don't do much for you personally. I think Guard would be a nice way to have core ranger be able to fill the mightstacking role though, which would be interesting.

Imagine protect me, sic em and sotp would be popular with your party/squad members in wvw ;)