Mac brightness/gamma/white temperature issue

I'm not sure what Guild Wars 2 does to the display brightness/gamma/white temperature, but the game just crashed on me and now my macbook's screen is way too white. As in, blindingly white, headache inducing. I can't seem to fix this. I know that the whiteness would always change when I tab out of GW2 or quit the game altogether, but the game itself crashing must have messed with that and made my macbook "forget" to change it back.

Can anybody give me a hand here?

Tried resetting PRAM and SMC to no avail. Tried playing around with the display profile calibration but that only made it worse.

So far all the issues with the Mac client have been ingame and ingame only, which is fine, but now that it affects the overall performance of my Macbook it's actually making me really angry. Please tell me how to fix this before I'll go insane.

Its caused by hardware gamma control, you need to use the gamma slider in any game to adjust it. There's ways to disable it, which is recommended, and then just use an online LCD calibration test to calibrate your display to g=1.8 for Mac.

For GW2 you can disable the gamma control by using a windowed mode, and just maximise the window.

That doesn't solve my problem in the least. GW2 messed up my screen and I want that fixed. If calibrating my display would be that easy I would have done that by now because as it is, my Macbook is essentially unusable right now.

Besides, there is no way to maximize the window in "windowed mode" in the mac client.

I want to know what GW2 does to my screen and how to manually revert it before I reinstall the entire OS.