After patch, what instead of defence line

Fat Disgrace.4275

Spvp spellbreaker already didnt use defense, so why would they now? Even core didnt use it in spvp.

For wvw you are talking roaming or zerging?

In zergs im gonna use some variation of the build ive posted on here.

For roaming, we will see, last stand still increases stance duration, still okey for that, if you like to run multiple of those.

@RedShark.9548 said:Spvp spellbreaker already didnt use defense, so why would they now? Even core didnt use it in spvp.

For roaming, we will see, last stand still increases stance duration, still okey for that, if you like to run multiple of those.

True, defence wasnt meta but ofc people used defence.

Already stated spvp/wvw roaming

@Fat Disgrace.4275 said:

@RedShark.9548 said:Spvp spellbreaker already didnt use defense, so why would they now? Even core didnt use it in spvp.

True, defence wasnt meta but ofc people used defence.

Already stated spvp/wvw roaming

Oops, overread the roaming part.

Well, yea, some played defense, but it didnt even make it into meta builds, you made it sound like it was a necessity.

With less dmg in wvw roaming id imagine builds will resemble more that what is good in pvp.

Ultimately nobody can say right now whats good and whats bad. Too much changes, but that just leaves room for testing out new fun things.

Defense isn't dead, it's still a strong trait line. However, players won't be carried by Defy Pain and Last Stand like they use to. Until Anet figures out what they are going to do with those traits, I assume people will use Armored Attack and Rousing Resilience if they want to run Defense.

For zerging what do you suggest? Disc and spellbreaker I think for sure, 1 more is what Tactic? Strength?

@DKRathalos.9625 said:

For zerging what do you suggest? Disc and spellbreaker I think for sure, 1 more is what Tactic? Strength?

Str/Tactics/SpB. Swap tactics for discipline if you want.

@DKRathalos.9625 said:Str tactic for might gain, might share heal? I know healing got nerfed but that's the idea right?Lan have you tried Str-Disc on this new patch? How is it working for you?

Disc isn't really needed, but I'm running it for more rifle pew pew. So much pew pew...

For zerging tactics is better. Check RedShark's build.

@"DKRathalos.9625" said:Str tactic for might gain, might share heal? I know healing got nerfed but that's the idea right?Lan have you tried Str-Disc on this new patch? How is it working for you?

im running this atm, and its hella fun. you can stay agressive and disrupt your enemies for quite some time, brawling your heart out.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PKwEIiNssBmI7ihxOxxd6/dB-zVJYnR9fp0UIUaE0dRFei6+hQMd/AaB8W0fTD-w

insane might generation. one of my buddies is playing the same build and we give faaar more might than every other spec.if you are interested in how it plays out, heres some footage from patchday, ignore the german commanding :P

That build though. Why do you run peak performance without any physical skills? For the 3% damage increase? On a build with rather mediocre damage?The warhorn and thus trait I can at least partially get behind. Resistance and fury are nice.

The might generation is indeed impressive (!) - but is it that badly needed? In the fights I see our zergs hardly struggle for might. Several other things stand out to me when watching that video:

• firebrands and spb do cleanse - is not what I see on my server. Here Scrappers have taken the lead (by far) over spellbreakers, tempests and surely over fb
  • strips in the vid shown come mostly from spb. On my server most of the strips actually come from scourges.
  • ... along with the damage.

By going wanderer you lose a lot of damage in order to get some sustain and boon duration. But boons get still stripped easily - maybe even easier than before. With constant might generation, would it not be better to get rid of that aspect of your equipment stats and go for more damage by adding in precision instead?