Graphic card for GW 2 on medium

ancafr.9274

Which graphic card do I need to play the game on medium without lag? I'm thinking to get a gforce gtx 1050 ti. Currently I play the game on a gt 420(sux i know but is not so bad) on low graphic I have no lag issue but when I move to the expansion maps, HOT, POF etc I lag.. playable but laggy. My PC is a i3 4° 8GB RAM.

The '1050 ti' should be more than enough. I still use a 'gtx 970' because I'm poor. It does everything I need it to, though: the game runs on high to ultra settings (except shadows) with ReShade and it's fine. It definitely isn't always 60 fps, but that's okay for me.Your bottleneck will be (and probably already is) your CPU, as i3's are the minimum requirements according to specifications.The game is quite CPU-heavy, which is most noticable in areas with lots of players. I'd consider upgrading that, too, if I had the money.

@MikeG.6389 said:The '1050 ti' should be more than enough. I still use a 'gtx 970' because I'm poor. It does everything I need it to, though: the game runs on high to ultra settings (except shadows) with ReShade and it's fine. It definitely isn't always 60 fps, but that's okay for me.Your bottleneck will be (and probably already is) your CPU, as i3's are the minimum requirements according to specifications.The game is quite CPU-heavy, which is most noticable in areas with lots of players. I'd consider upgrading that, too, if I had the money.

Thanks, I just noted now that you mention about the requisite and it does says i3 is the minimum requisite so i'll need at least a i5. I'm poor too man when I bought my PC I had to choose between graphic card + so so processor(i3) or better processor(i5) and NO graphic card... and besides the seller cheated me saying the processor was i3 6° and i found out almost 2 years it is 4° LOL. kittens happens xD.

@Murshid.9854 said:I have GTX 1050 the SFF edition and I get around 45-60fps with best appearance settings and its handicapped by my core i3 cpu.so the GTX 1050Ti is more than enough for you for ultra not even medium, the game is more of a cpu rather than gpu.

So if is more of CPU than GPU then the case processor isnt? minimun requeriment means the game run ok on lower resolution and recommended for resolution medium- high if i'm not mistake...

@Chyanne Waters.8719 said:Maybe in the future graphic card prices will come down we can only hope.

Due to the new consoles requiring GDDR6 memory (tons of it) graphic card prices are going up, not down. Unless NVIDIA comes up with GDDR7 to bypass the console hype. Same with SSD costs that are going up and up due to the new consoles having an SSD. 2020 is going to be a bad time to buy a GDDR6 GPU or a good SSD. The projection is for a 6% increase in VGA prices and 24% in SSD prices in 2020. Thank you consoles!

@"MikeG.6389" said:The '1050 ti' should be more than enough. I still use a 'gtx 970' because I'm poor.

Ahem. The gtx 970 is better than the 1050 ti, the two cards aren't even in the same league. Stay with your "poor" card, the gtx 970 is a powerful card that will remain capable for quite a few years still. I have an R9 390, which is the AMD equivalent to the GTX 970 (very similar performance) and not planning on upgrading any time soon, because it makes no sense to at this point in time. Waiting for RT to become cheaper, that would be the time to upgrade. Now if you play games that require more than 3.5GB Vram maybe the 970 won't be adequate... but GW2 isn't one of those games.

@ancafr.9274 said:Thanks, I just noted now that you mention about the requisite and it does says i3 is the minimum requisite so i'll need at least a i5. I'm poor too man when I bought my PC I had to choose between graphic card + so so processor(i3) or better processor(i5) and NO graphic card... and besides the seller cheated me saying the processor was i3 6° and i found out almost 2 years it is 4° LOL. kittens happens xD.

The game requires -single core- CPU performance. What's the exact part number of your CPU? The 1050 ti will handle the game just fine.

@"maddoctor.2738" said:Ahem. The gtx 970 is better than the 1050 ti, the two cards aren't even in the same league. Stay with your "poor" card, the gtx 970 is a powerful card that will remain capable for quite a few years still.

Thanks for putting me in my place. I bought the card for myself for Christmas in 2014, when it was new. I would have changed it by now but yes, I am "poor", as you put it.I tried to be helpful based on the assumption that higher version numbers mean generally higher performance, too. Now I know better. Again, thank you.

@maddoctor.2738 said:The game requires -single core- CPU performance. What's the exact part number of your CPU? The 1050 ti will handle the game just fine.

i3 3,60 Ghz but I intend to play Lost Ark in the future. So if I can play GW fine and no lag at all that shall do for now. Now to play on HIGH+ what do I need? cause I cant find the requeriments for HIGH+ anywhere ;(.

What about GTX 660? its cheaper than the 1050 and run lost ark on high...