New Mesmer asking for some guidance

Spagtka.9465

Hello guys,I´m new in this amazing game and i decided to play a mesmer as main profession.Can i ask you what is best Support and DPS viable build into pvp and leveling in 2020?Is chronomancer viable to be played in ranked pvp ? IF i look at Metabattle i see only 3 builds viable into PVP and none of them is chronomancer.Thanks for your tips

@Spagtka.9465 said:Hello guys,I´m new in this amazing game and i decided to play a mesmer as main profession.Can i ask you what is best Support and DPS viable build into pvp and leveling in 2020?Is chronomancer viable to be played in ranked pvp ? IF i look at Metabattle i see only 3 builds viable into PVP and none of them is chronomancer.Thanks for your tips

If you want to PvP make a different class. you will save some headache.I reccomend guard ( its always good, never been bad and never will be bad ) its one of those classes.As for PvE mesmer has Ok/Good pve DPS builds, without coordinated teams in dps is good and acceptable, but in coordinated groups its VERY good.side note to that, its HARD to play compared to other classes.As for support its miserable, dont do this to yourself, its good but...let me put it this way, you place an AoE that buffs allies after few secounds, people fucking leave the aoe and it does nothing. Guess who is going to be blamed for it xd.here again guardian strikes true as better choice.actually guard is best dps, support, WvW and pvp class. huh

@Spagtka.9465 said:Hello guys,I´m new in this amazing game and i decided to play a mesmer as my main profession.Can i ask you what is are the best viable Support and DPS viable builds into for pvp and leveling in 2020?Is chronomancer viable to be played in ranked pvp? If i look at Metabattle, i will see only 3 0 builds viable into PVP and none of them is are chronomancers.Thanks for your tips

Fixed the question for ya a bit.Mirage will loose one dodge next balance patch, likely on Tuesday. Therefore, it will not be viable.

It might be crap in the next patch, but Power Shatter Mirage is the most fun I’ve had in this game. Mostly because of Sword and Greatsword ambush attacks with Infinite Horizon and Deceptive Evasion talents.

Most of the “fun” will be there next patch, as long as you don’t mind a challenge. We get one dodge which sucks major kittens but with the right talents it should still be fun.

Watch a few Jazzxman power mirage videos on YouTube for some cool ideas and inspiration.

@Spagtka.9465 said:Hello guys,I´m new in this amazing game and i decided to play a mesmer as main profession.Can i ask you what is best Support and DPS viable build into pvp and leveling in 2020?Is chronomancer viable to be played in ranked pvp ? IF i look at Metabattle i see only 3 builds viable into PVP and none of them is chronomancer.Thanks for your tips

Unless something changes mesmer isnt a good choice for pvp, or wvw and will only be viable in pve as chrono other than open world content and maybe a boss or two that spam enough attacks for confusion to do its job DPS wise. That said, if you really like the class you dont have to stop playing it. I still play it, but you may want to have some other options for pvp/wvw, otherwise you are going to be in for allot of salt from team and opponents alike and when you do well people will just say you suck; they will say mesmer is ez if they get you or tell you you are cancer when you get them. So if getting no respect, allot of grief, and having to work 3x as hard as the next guy sounds appealing than I would recommend mirage post patch.

Don't bother.Every double standard is attributed to mesmer. PvE you do 'okay' for a lot more effort and technical work.PvP you might as well be a thief. You'll get better mobility, you'll evade more, and damage is easier hidden, more frequent, and safer to escape with.

Even when historically underpowered the masses will call for nerfs. Here we are now where Mirage dodges less than a lot of classes even after the changes; probably to force people into terrible utility skills that wont make up for an on demand evade.

@Lincolnbeard.1735 said:

@Daishi.6027 said:Don't bother.

This.Otherwise be prepared to adapt every patch.Two years of constant nerfs every patch and I'm not exagerating.There's a reason almost all mesmer mains stopped playing the game.

Agreed. I've 1 of every class--all enjoyable for what they offer. But for a long while now, this 'gutting' all lines of mesmer specs is my last straw, as my main. Their 'uniqueness' is gone.

Yeah 2+ Solid years of 50% nerfs (cuz there is no other kind) has raped Mesmer from everything but a port whore in pve. And like ppl above have said, because its one of the least played/understood classes it will always be hated by everyone else in pvp/wvw. If you have ANY desire to play anything but pve then just run something else.