What condition build/class do you like fighting the most and why?

Tycura.1982

A friend and I were talking about condition builds and which builds if lost to felt like you we're genuinely outplayed.

For me it's core necro with core burn guardian as a close second. Core necro makes you feel like you're fighting yourself if you spam boons and I like their fear chains.

@Shao.7236 said:Tbh, anything but Mirage due to the past influx of creep. Scourge was obliterated and everything else in the game that involves condition has some form of kitting involves to out sustain the opposite player.

I miss when scourge was meta. Before they took away the personal sand shade it was in a great spot. Weak on it's own but a driving team fighter otherwise.

Condi Berserker, IE the old Mace/Shield + LB build from the HoT days.

I think it's cool because you could actually distinctly make out what inflicted conditions on you in the first place which gave you time to react and potentially dodge said skills.

IE standing in a field of fire applying burning, no duh.Or getting hit with the mace primal burst, you know that will inflict conditions and there's a very obvious animation/tell to the skill.

It's a lot different from just suddenly having a ton of confusion, burn, poison, bleed, and torment stacks without the slightest clue as to what caused any of them.That leads to a lot of just blindly dodging in anticipation of getting condi-bombed, because the actual conditions and the skills that apply them come out so fast that there really is little to no time to react and dodge. To me that's significantly less fun than dueling a class I can potentially predict and react to.

Condi zerk prob cuz it doesnt feel like their just rolling their 4head over the aoe condi skills constantly but instead feel like their actual attacks that I didn't evade punish me with burns.Although I'd still be a brain dead spam fest it wouldn't be as bad if condis especially burning didn't tic like a continual burst lol.How anet designed the condi skills in this game is a shame. Nothing like seeing a class stand back and spam aoe condis continually and being rewarded for it or a class continually slamming burns around it allowing it to barely have to actually fight its opponent as 90% of its damage were aoe burn spam around its self and 10% are actual attack skills or strikes. Fun design lol.

@"AngelLovesFredrik.6741" said:2013 terrormancer

The only truly acceptable answer since baseline DoTs back then were never really enough to kill consistently, and the only reason why Terrormancer remotely worked was because it just used low-damage DoTs as a primer for a short-burst, conditional, high-damage DoT. There was a way to mess up Terrormancer, and it had to play around using a ward wall rather than conditions builds which just blow skills without thinking after selecting a target.

I hate condition builds because they're like these noxious clouds of gas. No matter how much condi cleanse you use, your HP will continue to drain because they always find a way to apply conditions. I'd say condi Engi is the most fair, because the conditions are set up in a way that makes them predictable. Sage Weaver is, although fairly tanky, can spike via burn damage. Even then you can kind of predict when this happens. Mirage and Necro do not really have predictability.

1v1 I'd say core necro. In solo queue team fights? None of them. My biggest worry with condis in the next patch is stun breaks got longer cooldowns but cc did not. As a core ele I get maybe one stun break. You will be forced to run worse utilities just because they are a shorter CD stun break. CC + tons of condis= dead

I like the way I have to think when fighting a condi (core) Necro because boon corrupts add a whole nother layer of complexity to the game. The good ones can be very annoying to fight, but I appreciate that they offer a counter to all the boon spam in this game.

Bottom of the list for me would be condi Thief (except for p/d, Shadowstrike is such a cool skill) and Mirage. I also have a special hatred in my heart for Ancient Seeds condi Druids because immobs trigger me.

@saerni.2584 said:Condi rev. It’s one of the builds that can get really good if played correctly.

All these people saying “I hate condi no matter what” or “the only condi builds I like to fight are those that can’t 1v1 me.”

Lol.

Condi Rev is such a funny build (especially condi herald) because it's like an anti-condi, condi build. It just loves taking the condis you put on it, and put them right back on you.

Anything but Mirage in its current state.

Condi Rev is fun to fight.Burnguard is fun to fight.Scourge used to be fun to fight.Condi thief is (often) fun to fight.Condi ranger is fun to fight.

If I can see where the conditions are coming from and the damage dealer either has to interrupt my heal or cannot continuously disengage while applying the conditions and has to commit to the fight, I find it fun whether I win or lose.