Best class in general after patch

Dantheman.3589

Am asking more about class as a whole- not that it’ll have 1 meta build that dominates, but rather as to who is strongest overall and that dominates through sheer build diversity- eg. I think as far as build diversity thief is the best rn with 2 meta builds and about 3 just under meta builds in addition to some that are perfectly playable in ranked or maybe weaver becuz it has 3 different sword builds that can be optimal side noders in this meta in addition to playable dps/support builds in ranked

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@Dantheman.3589 said:Might see less dominate thief meta but many many builds should be playable and we might start to see some different s/d builds like s/d power daredevil and de pop up as just as good as core s/d right now(just being hopeful)

my real hope is that DH will be so broken it will make thief unplayable

I think I heard s/d daredevil is decent against dragon hunter. But yeah I’ve also heard some ppl say dragon hunter bunker could even be a new op thing

@Multicolorhipster.9751 said:Wouldn't a Doomsday scenario be the best scenario?

If everything sucks, it'd at least be on the same level. I'm ready for the patchpocalypse.

A Doomsday scenario would be a bunker meta where it's literally impossible for any build to kill any other build and entire games go without a single person dying on either side or maybe just 1-2 kills.

If everything sucks, it'd at least be on the same level. I'm ready for the patchpocalypse.

If you want to experience what that's like, go play retail WoW. Kiting tools have been so pruned into oblivion that ranged classes just plant their feet and hope to out dps you in melee range.

As for the melee. Just run in and spam your PvE rotation and you can hit mid-high rating.

Not sure about the whole "build diversity" argument.Build diversity for me always involves the capacity to fulfill different roles.Like thief can have a bunch of different builds....but its just different flavors of the same role tbh.

That being said, personally I think that guardian will take the cake.Speaking strictly in terms of versatility.Possibly a bunker / nodeholder build, a support spec and a teamfight DPS build.

Pre-patch:Ra's al Ghul to Bruce Wayne: "Theatricality and deception are powerful agents, a Ninja understands that invisibility is a matter of patience and agility."

Post-patch:Clark Kent: Why am I so different from them?Jor-El: "This Patch's math is better and easier, your armor have drunk in its equations, strengthened by your damage reduction, your boons, your healing factor. Power damage coefficient is weaker, yet its mechanics is more nourishing. You've grown stronger here than I ever could have imagined. The only way to know how strong, is to keep testing your healing in all game modes."

@mortrialus.3062 said:

A Doomsday scenario would be a bunker meta where it's literally impossible for any build to kill any other build and entire games go without a single person dying on either side or maybe just 1-2 kills.

MonkaS

Wish I could change my vote now. I'm very worried that something like this might be the case.

I've already been prepping my bunkers for the patchpocalypse just incase. Max sustain bunker warrior. Hammer + Mace/Sh. Peaceful protest =)

To me, doomsday might be the same classes dominating just as much or more because they got broken skills and the ones who are strong get nerfed(I expect a nerf to necro to turn it back into a punching bag after this)

I expect a thief to get nerfs unfairly in some areas and guardians and warriors and rangers to dominate again. The usual since Anet doesn't aggressively nerf guardians as often as others it seems, and thieves are problematic yes but they get hit in my opinion the wrong places. People want to get rid of thief stealth completely.

Also i highly expect revs to continue to be overpowered for a while.

I expect a possibility that thief could end up a punching bag as well.

The two most hated classes in this game which are sometimes over hated are necros and thieves followed of course by mesmers

@Axl.8924 said:To me, doomsday might be the same classes dominating just as much or more because they got broken skills and the ones who are strong get nerfed(I expect a nerf to necro to turn it back into a punching bag after this)

I expect a thief to get nerfs unfairly in some areas and guardians and warriors and rangers to dominate again. The usual since Anet doesn't aggressively nerf guardians as often as others it seems, and thieves are problematic yes but they get hit in my opinion the wrong places. People want to get rid of thief stealth completely.

The two most hated classes in this game which are sometimes over hated are necros and thieves followed of course by mesmers

How is necro one of the 2 most hated? The only spec that ppl didnt like was scourge, because he was just spewing condis and corrupts in large areas, which made for very unfun fights.

@RedShark.9548 said:

@Axl.8924 said:To me, doomsday might be the same classes dominating just as much or more because they got broken skills and the ones who are strong get nerfed(I expect a nerf to necro to turn it back into a punching bag after this)

How is necro one of the 2 most hated? The only spec that ppl didnt like was scourge, because he was just spewing condis and corrupts in large areas, which made for very unfun fights.

Cause necro and thief get ton of folks crying for nerfs and anger.

Then again many people are illogical and cry for nerfs regardless if it needs or not, sometimes in the wrong area.

Necro is easily the most agressively balanced class compared to the others and remained flawed for a long time.

If you think others had it as bad or worse, just look at the aggressive balances to necro. Core was pretty easy to kill and has been a punching bag all this time.

scourge was overpowered and got so aggressively nerfed it was nerfed outta metaReaper lost sustain and gained more hard counters while until now damage was too high that their kind of sustain could simply not work up to par with the insane damage from other classes.

For thief:Thief has been so aggressively changed with so many stuff their attacks their stealth and people cry still nonstop. Their stealth keeps getting nerfed, and yet they still need it to survive unless you plan on giving them invulns and stuff to survive, but then you defeat the purpose of being a thief. They are stealthy assasins, not tanks.

You guys know its true that thief gets a lot of flack and aggressively balanced to where they have to spam their heartseeker and use stealth in order to kill folks as tricksters.

I think mes get a lot of hate now too, more so than they used to. In fact: I see a lot of people with their pitchforks angry as a mob against mesmers.

@Axl.8924 said:

Then again many people are illogical and cry for nerfs regardless if it needs or not, sometimes in the wrong area.

Necro is easily the most agressively balanced class compared to the others and remained flawed for a long time.

If you think others had it as bad or worse, just look at the aggressive balances to necro. Core was pretty easy to kill and has been a punching bag all this time.

scourge was overpowered and got so aggressively nerfed it was nerfed outta metaReaper lost sustain and gained more hard counters while until now damage was too high that their kind of sustain could simply not work up to par with the insane damage from other classes.

For thief:Thief has been so aggressively changed with so many stuff their attacks their stealth and people cry still nonstop. Their stealth keeps getting nerfed, and yet they still need it to survive unless you plan on giving them invulns and stuff to survive, but then you defeat the purpose of being a thief. They are stealthy assasins, not tanks.

i see way more ppl hating on other classes than necros tbh.most hate is still for thiefs, mesmer, and then the rest basicallyand i understand the hate for thief and mesmer, i dont like them too

@RedShark.9548 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

i see way more ppl hating on other classes than necros tbh.most hate is still for thiefs, mesmer, and then the rest basicallyand i understand the hate for thief and mesmer, i dont like them too

Oh they be hating on necro plenty look at that last thread already complaining about necro shroud before it even got out wanting necros nerfed before all the changes ca me through and test. How can you have complete faith before changes go through and know how strong something is without proper testing? they were already calling for nerfs to life force generation.