Empty vessel is being removed. healing builds are dead.

Daniel Handler.4816

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/96747/balance-patch-preview-global

Stunbreak on legend swap is being replaced with fury on disables....

So in essence Rev will only has access to 1 stunbreak at a time (or 0 for Ventari), unless you spend extra energy in legends that can stunbreak multiple times, or tax the next legend.

Unfortunately, Kalla/Glint, the only other legends that heal directly or via traits/shield, have cooldowns. So healing builds will only ever have 1 stunbreak And add in the loss of stab on dodge, it doesn't look good for them in PvP/WvW.

Beyond Empty Vessel, I'd say the biggest hit that healer Herald will be taking in WvW is the massive nerf to Facet of Nature - Centaur. The skill compromised a huge portion of the healing per second while in Ventari, and overall made the tablet's inherent clunkiness less detrimental because you could have such steady healing hitting your group in a 600 radius. The skill was a bit mindless to be completely honest, but it was similar in effectiveness to Soothing Mist, and part of what I felt would bring momentum to the class. Perhaps it will still be worth using due to the nerf to Natural Harmony, but I do see more appeal now in running core for Jalis/Ventari or Minstrel Jalis/Ventari Renegade for the big alacrity uptime, as well as group regen and retal. Herald still has the superpowered 10-man regen, but it seems that Draconic Echo will be phased out soon, at which point I am not sure if it will be worth it. Based on what I interpreted from the update to the update, 10-man alacrity may be phased out in WvW, which...would really suck for Renegade.

Like I have mentioned before, they need to give each Legend line a reliable, resource managable, Stunbreak.

If they don't do this, the removal of Empty Vessel will hurt alot of Revenants, in whatever game mode.

In WvW, getting stunned in Zerg v Zerg on the offchance that yur stability was removed essentially means death.In PvE, getting stunned and being unable to stunbreak also hurts because Damages in higher level content really, really hurts if not avoided.

Ventari definately needs more. I think even devs are not sure of how to play revanant. Should a rev camp in a legend and only swap if needed? Then energy costs and legend skills are not enough. Should a rev constantly switch between legends? Then empty vessel is a must and traits should not be lockerid behind a specific legend.

@"alain.1659" said:Ventari definately needs more. I think even devs are not sure of how to play revanant. Should a rev camp in a legend and only swap if needed? Then energy costs and legend skills are not enough. Should a rev constantly switch between legends? Then empty vessel is a must and traits should not be lockerid behind a specific legend.

Absolutely.

Ventari is the only Legend where yu have to camp to be effective using it lol.If anything they should make Ventari less of a "on demand" healer and more of a widespread HoT healer so that their effects can be felt even when swapped out of it.

@Yasai.3549 said:

@"alain.1659" said:Ventari definately needs more. I think even devs are not sure of how to play revanant. Should a rev camp in a legend and only swap if needed? Then energy costs and legend skills are not enough. Should a rev constantly switch between legends? Then empty vessel is a must and traits should not be lockerid behind a specific legend.

Absolutely.

Ventari is the only Legend where yu have to camp to be effective using it lol.If anything they should make Ventari less of a "on demand" healer and more of a widespread HoT healer so that their effects can be felt even when swapped out of it.

And they still insist on the healing orbs mechanic. But as i really want to play ventari in wvw, i will still try and get my tushie kicked :)

@"Clownmug.8357" said:I wonder if Saffron Bread will become a more popular food choice soon.

I've always been using the cheaper version : Canned Tarrgon Bread.Imo it has always been a good food to use, because there are just so much condi classes around and so many CC spam builds as well.

This does not change the fact that a lack of a stunbreak on Ventari will hurt it alot, especially in Raid/Fractal/PvE settings.

Stop gap measures using food is not gonna change this fact.

@Yasai.3549 said:

@"Clownmug.8357" said:I wonder if
will become a more popular food choice soon.

I've always been using the cheaper version : Canned Tarrgon Bread.Imo it has always been a good food to use, because there are just so much condi classes around and so many CC spam builds as well.

This does not change the fact that a lack of a stunbreak on Ventari will hurt it alot, especially in Raid/Fractal/PvE settings.

Stop gap measures using food is not gonna change this fact.

Maybe combined with other stop gaps it could help though, we won't be tied to Invocation as much anymore so that opens some options. PvE could take resistance traits under Corruption and get -33% damage and some healing on legend swap. It might not be as good as just stunbreak and dodge with Empty Vessel but it's something.

Eh, no one has ever really used Ventari the way it was meant to be so it's not surprising it never got anywhere.

Ventari has little combination possible that can be effective in a PvP setting, Herald is also not the best. Shocking I know, Jalis was and it furthermode is reinforced given the changes.

You are meant to take turns in between damage reduction and healing, not camping healing.

Like a broken record I'll have to repeat that all Revenant skills are most effectively used together as legends are swapped, by design most are telegraphed and long lasting because of that, complimenting legends in between is the way to go.