mini seasons... more modes?

Stand The Wall.6987

any chance of these guys getting new modes besides just 2v2/ 3v3?

if not, are team death match and stronghold going to get reworked at some point? I certainly have been vocal about this cuz I really think it would be a gigantic improvement to pvp. would be sweet if they were playable and added to unranked, and players had the option to vote for which mode they wanted to play along with which map.

• ArenaNet Staff

We have to add an additional rating type for every game-mode we want to run a mini-season with. However, my understanding is that much of the work done going into the 25th release, this will be much easier to do in the future. We've already talked about the possibility of additional game modes for mini-seasons in the future, including Courtyard, Stronghold, and maybe even some others that have no maps created for (ctf?). However, those are much further away. And, at least for stronghold, we'd probably want to finally get around to some updates there before doing so.

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:We have to add an additional rating type for every game-mode we want to run a mini-season with. However, my understanding is that much of the work done going into the 25th release, this will be much easier to do in the future. We've already talked about the possibility of additional game modes for mini-seasons in the future, including Courtyard, Stronghold, and maybe even some others that have no maps created for (ctf?). However, those are much further away. And, at least for stronghold, we'd probably want to finally get around to some updates there before doing so.

That sounds good.

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:We have to add an additional rating type for every game-mode we want to run a mini-season with. However, my understanding is that much of the work done going into the 25th release, this will be much easier to do in the future. We've already talked about the possibility of additional game modes for mini-seasons in the future, including Courtyard, Stronghold, and maybe even some others that have no maps created for (ctf?). However, those are much further away. And, at least for stronghold, we'd probably want to finally get around to some updates there before doing so.

thanks for the reply man. I wonder if you will still use glicko2 for all other modes? might be interesting to mess around with random matches for tdm or stronghold, or only use pvp rank. I dunno. don't care about the mm so much as long as theres more modes. hopefully you guys have the power to actually pursue these sorts of things now that there has been some company reshuffling. cheers.

I'd love to see southsun survival, aspect arena and dragonball worked into mini-seasons during special events.Bring the pvp mini-games into the pvp.

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:And, at least for stronghold, we'd probably want to finally get around to some updates there before doing so.

Well mini-seasons are a good testing playground, right ? :wink:That said, I would really like to see Stronghold become a real soloQ friendly game mode for which a MOBA like meta would settle while Conquest would be THE organised game mode.Back in the days of original GW I really enjoyed having and switching between a mayhem mode (RA), a non-organized mode (AB) and a demanding organized one (GvG). I wish the new trinity would be Deathmatch, Stronghold, Conquest.

Thanks Ben, very cool!