[POLL] What is your favorite profession to play the most? — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home WvW

[POLL] What is your favorite profession to play the most?

pointaction.4639pointaction.4639 Member ✭✭
edited January 31, 2020 in WvW

This a just friendly poll to see what Guild Wars 2 members profession like playing the most.

Feel welcome tell everyone your reasons for your favorite profession.

Tell us what is your top 3 favorite professions you like playing if you more than on profession.

[POLL] What is your favorite profession to play the most? 111 votes

Elementalist
11% 13 votes
Engineer
16% 18 votes
Guardian
14% 16 votes
Mesmer
9% 11 votes
Necromancer
13% 15 votes
Ranger
11% 13 votes
Revenant
6% 7 votes
Thief
8% 9 votes
Warrior
8% 9 votes

Comments

  • Bigpapasmurf.5623Bigpapasmurf.5623 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Mirage main (DPS), WHen I feel like kitten in WvW (aka not serious play) I will run on my semi perma stealth condi DE, and when I feel like something else, Ill jump on my ranger or engi

    Red = Dead...or someone runs away. Either way it's gone.
    twitch.tv/TRMC
    Lover of Jumping puzzles, Squirrels, WvW, and Taimi
    Co-Leader of SOmething inAPpropriate {SOAP}

  • Strider Pj.2193Strider Pj.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:
    Mirage main (DPS), WHen I feel like kitten in WvW (aka not serious play) I will run on my semi perma stealth condi DE, and when I feel like something else, Ill jump on my ranger or engi

    It would be hard to make that selection any more Anti Zerg. I love it!

    Thank You for the {MEME}

  • DanAlcedo.3281DanAlcedo.3281 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Medi scrapper.

    Almost no downtime in gameplay.

    Support Tempest close second.

  • My top 3 are

    1. Guardian - Core and Firebrand support roles
    2. Ranger - Soulbeast
    3. Mesmer - Mirage
  • Mine is a Mirage main. Yeah it’s the condi cancer build, but I use it to defend camps, teleport through a Zerg to be behind them, or when I know I am in a pickle use blink and jaunt to skidaddle out and warn our main force where the other main force is.

    Sin The Alluring/Tormentor/Terrorizer/Terrible/Insane/Fragrant/Subtle/Vigilante/Explosive/Saint/Demonic/Scout/Crazy
    The Crazy Gods - [gods] ~ Crazy Gods - [Gods] ~ One Of The Seven Deadly - [SINs] ~ Vassals Of The Aether - [VOA] ~ Café Solidarity - [CAFÉ]

  • Hadi.6025Hadi.6025 Member ✭✭✭

    aint gonna be nothing after this patch hits

  • Bigpapasmurf.5623Bigpapasmurf.5623 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Strider Pj.2193 said:

    @Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:
    Mirage main (DPS), WHen I feel like kitten in WvW (aka not serious play) I will run on my semi perma stealth condi DE, and when I feel like something else, Ill jump on my ranger or engi

    It would be hard to make that selection any more Anti Zerg. I love it!

    Funny enough I don't normally zerg lol. I prefer smaller scale

    Red = Dead...or someone runs away. Either way it's gone.
    twitch.tv/TRMC
    Lover of Jumping puzzles, Squirrels, WvW, and Taimi
    Co-Leader of SOmething inAPpropriate {SOAP}

  • Strider Pj.2193Strider Pj.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:

    @Strider Pj.2193 said:

    @Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:
    Mirage main (DPS), WHen I feel like kitten in WvW (aka not serious play) I will run on my semi perma stealth condi DE, and when I feel like something else, Ill jump on my ranger or engi

    It would be hard to make that selection any more Anti Zerg. I love it!

    Funny enough I don't normally zerg lol. I prefer smaller scale

    Agreed. 🙂

    Thank You for the {MEME}

  • TheGrimm.5624TheGrimm.5624 Member ✭✭✭✭

    All of them honestly. 3 Engi, 3 Rangers, 3 War, 2 Mez, 3 Nec, 1 Ele, 2 Guard, 2 Rev, 2 Teef. Most time played probably on the Engis. Roam, havoc with a splash of zerg surfing.

    Envy the Madman his musing when Death comes to make fools of us all.
    De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.
    TheGrimm PoTBS/GW1/WAR/Rift/GW2/MWO/ESO/WoT/WoW/D2/HoTS/Civ6/CU/AoC

  • But when this balance patch comes out will change everyone's characters to a certain extent.

  • ele, because of all the pretty colours and that nice dps

  • So what is your vote and your favorite professions to play?

  • Svarty.8019Svarty.8019 Member ✭✭✭✭

    What an interesting poll. It tells us what the forumgoers' professions are. This can now be compared with the whole playerbase to show us how reflective of the average person the forum players are (I'll give you a clue, it's "not very reflective").

    Thief OP? Better nerf Scourge ... again.
    Hashtag BlameMcLain

  • acidic.4356acidic.4356 Member ✭✭✭

    @Svarty.8019 said:
    What an interesting poll. It tells us what the forumgoers' professions are. This can now be compared with the whole playerbase to show us how reflective of the average person the forum players are (I'll give you a clue, it's "not very reflective").

    i shall represent the player base that doesn't play, the base of player that plays no more,, based on current player base vs previous player base, which ofc is based on player base numbers from years gone by, but basically i preferred when only base professions were a thing, I R not comin for ur base no more basically.

  • Zephyra.4709Zephyra.4709 Member ✭✭✭

    Guardian.
    Reason: easy to play core + elite specs in any game mode. always relevant in any meta/group/comp. many different builds per game mode. aegis rocks. heavy armor best skins.

  • Mokk.2397Mokk.2397 Member ✭✭✭

    I like my ranger because I'm to lazy to build a different class with complete gear.

  • @Svarty.8019 said:
    What an interesting poll. It tells us what the forumgoers' professions are. This can now be compared with the whole playerbase to show us how reflective of the average person the forum players are (I'll give you a clue, it's "not very reflective").

    I bet human waifu is meta for both groups.

    ...

  • Mokk.2397Mokk.2397 Member ✭✭✭

    Polls are only as accurate as the number of people polled and which demographic is polled . This is only one area that is frequented mostly by WvW players and not so much PvP or PvE . If this poll was posted in all areas of the forum there could be a more accurate result.

  • Engineer
    Feels like it has a limitless variety of playstyles despite having an extremely limited choice of weapons, but makes up for it being a jack-of-all-trades with multiple kits and access to almost every combo field in the game.

  • acidic.4356acidic.4356 Member ✭✭✭

    @Mokk.2397 said:
    Polls are only as accurate as the number of people polled and which demographic is polled . This is only one area that is frequented mostly by WvW players and not so much PvP or PvE . If this poll was posted in all areas of the forum there could be a more accurate result.

    im guessin the op meant fav prof in wvw to play.. just a hunch, mind i could be wrong..

    this is where anet went wrong with all those polls years ago around hot release, letting everyone and their dog vote for wvw related updates - and now we are stuck with the stupidest map and rotation of maps, along with many pointless gimmicky implementations.

  • @pointaction.4639 said:
    Tell us what is your top 3 favorite professions you like playing if you more than on profession.
    You have 1 vote

    ok...

    I usually play engineer. When no commander is around, I switch to holo-roamer.
    In zerg I go power-scrapper. When the zerg has trouble I go heal-scrapper.
    I also like scourge, herald and staff-daredevil, but I usually end up thinking about engineer skills/traits that I can't use then. ;)

  • It looks like the following professions are the favorites so far below.

    Engineer
    17% 12 votes
    Guardian
    15% 11 votes
    Necromancer
    14% 10 votes
    Ranger
    14% 10 votes

  • With this information not many votes on the 3 below which means not many like these as their main characters that much.

    Revenant 2% 2 votes
    Thief 7% 6 votes
    Warrior 7% 6 votes

  • Aeolus.3615Aeolus.3615 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 18, 2020

    Revenant.... by miles.
    But hammer is the least weapon i use.

  • Slick.7164Slick.7164 Member ✭✭✭

    More POLLS I wanna be a Poll Cat

  • Bump.... What is your vote?

  • Straegen.2938Straegen.2938 Member ✭✭✭

    Going to be interesting to see after the patch.

    I personally like Thief because it can be one of the most dynamic classes. I am not a fan of fixed rotations and prefer resource management style play.

  • Bump....

    Now the patch is released and so now what is your favorite profession now?