Dueling/GvG in guild hall after the patch?

bambi.6214

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@Samug.6512 said:The patch will split PvE and PvP balance so much dueling in guild halls will be nowhere near the experience you get in WvW. Any ideas how to solve that yet, ANet ppl?

Obsidian Sanctum and EoTM arenas are still considered in WvW.

Not ideal, but the GH arena and it’s PvE balance prior was never ideal.

OS and EotM are a good point, but I often want to duel my guildies. Maybe if there was an NPC similar to Guild Hall ones, which can change your team, in either arena in WvW?

@Samug.6512 said:

@Samug.6512 said:The patch will split PvE and PvP balance so much dueling in guild halls will be nowhere near the experience you get in WvW. Any ideas how to solve that yet, ANet ppl?

OS and EotM are a good point, but I often want to duel my guildies. Maybe if there was an NPC similar to Guild Hall ones, which can change your team, in either arena in WvW?

I believe it had something to do with ‘teams’ and by that, what toons can fight what toons. Even in PvE there are ‘teams’ some mobs aggro on each other as well as on the players.

People have asked for an instanced version of the OS arena so GvGs vs and guild from any tier or server (including your own) could take place.

It would appear as if the manpower necessary isn’t matched by their will to make a change.

Not sure how to ‘fix’ dueling guild members.

I think the closest you will be able to come is a private PvP arena. It seems like most of the skills will behave similarly to the PvP skills. Of course, Amulets make it different.....

Just as an FYI, everyone agrees that the GH arena should have (had) WvW physics (seemingly even Anet) but changing the physics was a more problematic project than what would seem logical. I'm pretty sure there is a dev response about it somewhere.

Ed. Now, don't get me wrong, I agree with you guys as much as the next guy, it shouldn't be a problem in theory, but appearantly it is and it obviously isn't as simple as just making a new WvW map and putting up a portal since they'd obviously have to tack it to another joining system. I mean, they essentially did just that with the EotM arena and you saw how that panned out, barring the poor arena design, there was obvious interference with matches.

That's why the larger-team sPvP map may be the best existing-tech-ish option since they wouldn't have to program a new map sluicing back end. It's probably easier for them to program support for larger teams / more players into sPvP since it already has spectator modes etc., in the custom arena. Diverting assets to developing something like that has more crossover value as well since it can be used by both sPvP and WvW players, even if it would obviously be more ideal for WvW players to have WvW physics. Since splits are seeing more of an sPvP/WvW overlap now though it could be apart of a larger direction.

@subversiontwo.7501 said:Just as an FYI, everyone agrees that the GH arena should have (had) WvW physics (seemingly even Anet) but changing the physics was a more problematic project than what would seem logical. I'm pretty sure there is a dev response about it somewhere.Well it has nothing to do with physics since it's about the WvW ruleset, but yeah I believe they've said it's technically impossible at the moment. Guessing it has to do with how the instances work and that a PvE instance like the guild hall cant just be made to have WvW ruleset, they are on two different servers, in a way (definetly just my guess).

Shout out for OP for pointing out this issue. One of my guilds holds a weekly dueling event among the members in the guild hall. Right now the difference between pve and wvw is minimal, but after the patch it will be huge. Anet should consider the GH as a competitive map. If not, then the already rarely used GH will become even less used.

@xDudisx.5914 said:Shout out for OP for pointing out this issue. One of my guilds holds a weekly dueling event among the members in the guild hall. Right now the difference between pve and wvw is minimal, but after the patch it will be huge. Anet should consider the GH as a competitive map. If not, then the already rarely used GH will become even less used.

Haha, you call fullcounter difference minimal?

In gh it hits for 10k+ and has around 6s cd, while in wvw it hits for like 2k and has 12cdThief interrupt skill in gh hits for 4k everytime he interrupts, in wvw its around 2k.

Just to name 2 real big offenders off the top of my head. There are plenty more.Whoever unironically duells in the gh is a kitten.

Just go into a custom pvp arena, there are plenty empty ones that are free to use by anyone.

@RedShark.9548 said:

@xDudisx.5914 said:Shout out for OP for pointing out this issue. One of my guilds holds a weekly dueling event among the members in the guild hall. Right now the difference between pve and wvw is minimal, but after the patch it will be huge. Anet should consider the GH as a competitive map. If not, then the already rarely used GH will become even less used.

In gh it hits for 10k+ and has around 6s cd, while in wvw it hits for like 2k and has 12cdThief interrupt skill in gh hits for 4k everytime he interrupts, in wvw its around 2k.

Just to name 2 real big offenders off the top of my head. There are plenty more.Whoever unironically duells in the gh is a kitten.

Just go into a custom pvp arena, there are plenty empty ones that are free to use by anyone.

The guild hall (pve) still is more similar to wvw than spvp is. For a guild that mostly only plays wvw, the spvp maps are useless. Spvp is super clunky, it offers no stat customization and the skills are completely different from wvw.

@xDudisx.5914 said:

The guild hall (pve) still is more similar to wvw than spvp is. For a guild that mostly only plays wvw, the spvp maps are useless. Spvp is super clunky, it offers no stat customization and the skills are completely different from wvw.

The post i was answering to was about 1v1 duells, nothing about gvgs.

Anyways, guilds who unironically fight in the gh are kitten too.Alone the fact that there is that OP downstate skill is proof enough.

Go into OS or EOTM and if the other guild is on the same colour as you? Dont fight them that week. Easy.Ive wanted to have gh for duelling for a looong time, but Ben told us in the forum,that its currently not possible to make the gh wvw territory. And its not anywhere near the top of their priority list.

Btw for gvgs id take spvp amulets and balance always over pve ridiculousness.

@RedShark.9548 said:

The post i was answering to was about 1v1 duells, nothing about gvgs.

I was talking about duels. A guild hosting a dueling even is still referring to duels, not gvg.

@RedShark.9548 said:Go into OS or EOTM and if the other guild is on the same colour as you? Dont fight them that week. Easy.

"The game has a problem? Don't play." This suggestion is terrible.

@RedShark.9548 said:

Ive wanted to have gh for duelling for a looong time, but Ben told us in the forum,that its currently not possible to make the gh wvw territory. And its not anywhere near the top of their priority list.

They also said that it was impossible to have 2 currencies showing up in the inventory, but they have just implemented this last update. Everything is possible, it is just a matter of effort.

@RedShark.9548 said:

Btw for gvgs id take spvp amulets and balance always over pve ridiculousness.

I think the complete opposite.

@Samug.6512 said:

The answer was given earlier here already: Armistice Bastion. My guildies and I are battling each other a bit tonight at 20:00 CET. Feel free to have a look at it/join in if you are on an EU-server. Else, you can still go with your guildies to a pvp-map in the game browser.

My solution for the gvg-scene and the fighting-related players is in my eyes for anet to create a new map in the pvp environment. The map should be a bigger area e.g. like the one between the spawns on alpine bl. each team can have up to 25 players. The team which had 100 kills wins. The details can come later. It would allow gvgs and other larger scale fights irrespective of the home server uninterrupted in a controlled environment.