Swiss Tournament Test Day 3 - February 19th, 12PM PST/8PM UTC

• ArenaNet Staff

Hello everyone. We're planning our next swiss tournament test for tomorrow at the stated time! We've done some server fixes intended to resolve the issues we encountered last week. UI issues will still not be resolved. The column alignment issues and occasional client crashes when checking standings are fixed, but the fix won't make it to live until the 25th.

If you participated in any test tournaments previously that did not finish, we will be pulling all participants from logs and sending the title out manually in the future. (Date TBD).

Thanks again for your assistance!

• ArenaNet Staff

@"Opimer.2758" said:Hello ! I didn't understand "the stated time", is it 20:00 UTC again ? Have the issue with the EU tournament been identifed and fixed or can we expect to not be able to finish the tournament again ? Thank you very much for organizing that !

It's 12PM PST/ 20:00 UTC.

We have identified the issues that were causing problems last week and will implement those before starting up the new tournaments.

I'm wondering about something now, all these testing made seem that swiss was still in a very beta phase, and wouldn't be fully released anytime soon, but that recent news post made it seem it will be finished next week?

Here hoping we will ever be able to have a permanent 2v2 online somehow, it is the best fun i ever had on this game :c

• ArenaNet Staff

Yep, our plan is to release it next week! We think it was really mainly 1 bug that was causing the tournaments not to finish properly. We're testing that fix today. The UI issues, we already had fixes for, they just can't make it to live without a release, so will out on the 25th.

This isn't to say everything is guaranteed to run perfectly. There are likely still refinements we'll want for the UI in the future. But if today's tests run well, we should be pretty much ready to go!

We also can switch tournament formats back to current functionality fairly easily, if the worst happens next week.

Entered the 1st battle, clicked "standing" after and crashed. Many more had this. My partner didn't log back so I dismissed the second matchup (else it would be on that screen forever without proceeding). Got automatically out of enroll after a while (idk if this is normal as I never did a tournament). Spectate at live matches doesn't work as the tags disappear when you hoover over.

@"Aaralyna.3104" said:Entered the 1st battle, clicked "standing" after and crashed. Many more had this. My partner didn't log back so I dismissed the second matchup (else it would be on that screen forever without proceeding). Got automatically out of enroll after a while (idk if this is normal as I never did a tournament). Spectate at live matches doesn't work as the tags disappear when you hoover over.

Same here, my friend crashed when he tried to look at standing thingy

Also i'm confused about the swiss, how did me and friend only winning one set of match gave us 5th~8th place. Do individual wins in the match count towards placement? We were close in many matches but we lost 3 and won once(though individual wins were much higher, like 6 or so). Another thing i'm confused about, will these replace automated tournaments? Does that mean we will have tournaments on demand now?

@Nebilim.5127 and @GewRoo.4172

How did you guys even see which place you got or what rating you got? I saw no such thing (reason why I clicked standing). The match info gave no numbers either, only said I lost a battle in the duo arena and in the mists for tournaments. I made screenshots regardless in case I don't get a title due to how awkward things were. I just logged off at some point as I was automatically rolled out of the tournament and no clue when it ended.

@Aaralyna.3104 said:@Nebilim.5127 and @GewRoo.4172

How did you guys even see which place you got or what rating you got? I saw no such thing (reason why I clicked standing). The match info gave no numbers either, only said I lost a battle in the duo arena and in the mists for tournaments. I made screenshots regardless in case I don't get a title due to how awkward things were. I just logged off at some point as I was automatically rolled out of the tournament and no clue when it ended.

I assumed from the rewards i got, which was like 10g and 1 coin/dye, then again that could have been an UI error and lower tiers have more rewards, hard to say. Just hope the UI will be more informative on the release

@Aaralyna.3104 said:@Nebilim.5127 and @GewRoo.4172

Well, that's the thing - I saw some teams (99+) and numbers (Team ID? Rating?) when I clicked on standing but they made no sense in the end. Received same rewards as the other ppl in this thread but I doubt that we made it Top 8 - bugged!

As reply to above... i see. I didnt get any rewards apart from dailies of pvp. I never saw tournaments tagged finished so perhaps i get it as prompt when i log tomorrow as i simply logged out. Cant check it atm as im about to sleep. So after work tomorrow. But i lost my only match miserably so i would be at the absolute bottom aka participation reward (pot of pvp reward and title)