wvw zerg zerk chrono build (pls rate)

Stand The Wall.6987

@"Stand The Wall.6987" said:http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PiwAEx7lNwuYZsQWJOsWpNXA-zVZYBKFAyTUxQhnJxQJY7sExZE-w

I call it chrono splitblade. to be used only with diviner renegade. good, bad?

I dont play WvW, but from what I can tell from the little bits that I tried.1 Chronophantasma is useless, phantasms die.2 F4 chrono is useless, when you can use it, you propably won/lost alreadyI honestly dont see a reason to run power chrono, Mirage can do the same thing more safely, more reliably and with more mobility.when you start losing you can sword ambuhs to safety, chrono gets ran over.Core power for bursting/1shoting.Power mirage for split surge aoe and sustained damage.

no its about gs2+3+f1. gs2 recharges (not sure if i'm doing the improved alacrity equation right, but w/e) about every 4 sec and gs3+f1 every 7. its a decent ranged burst with tons of cripple and 2 boon removers, plus ofc the utility it brings.

You can try it but the mesmer I knew who played power Chrono after support chrono got wrecked gave up after power Chrono got wrecked too. This upcoming patch will trash can it even more with the damage removed from gravity well. I mean you can play it if you want, you might even blow up some ktrain garbage monkeys, but it's not really going to be all that amazing compared to any other glass cannon, including hammer rev. I used to love power Chrono on the side too but it really has gotten thrown under the bus.

no its about gs2+3+f1. gs2 recharges (not sure if i'm doing the improved alacrity equation right, but w/e) about every 4 sec and gs3+f1 every 7. its a decent ranged burst with tons of cripple and 2 boon removers, plus ofc the utility it brings.You are trying to ride a dead horse... without being a necromancer :cold_sweat:

@"Leonidrex.5649" said:I honestly dont see a reason to run power chrono, Mirage can do the same thing more safely, more reliably and with more mobility.

This.

First off, mesmer overall faces, and always has faced (except for that short time where clones were not needed to boon share), a severe handycap in larger scale fights due to phantasms/clones.

Second, this handycap gets worse on chrono with all the changes to the specialization both shatters and F skills.

Third, mirage does most things chrono does, just better. Yet even then, you'd be more valuable on an actually useful zerg class/build. There is room for maybe 1-2 mesmers per squad, and that's for the veil and portals only. Might as well go power mirage or core mesmer for those, both mobility wise as well as having that emergency F4 with either. Remember, even Tides of Time was "fixed" in the past, which made the skill far less useful (tbh, near useless now).

That said, diviner renegade, while nice on paper, suffers from the same issues that mesmer suffers from: aka summons are near useless in wvw. The only thing is, renegade can opt to take different legends as to remove its reliability on Kalla summons and still provides good utility via it's F2-4 skills.

TL;DR:Until the handycap of phantasm/clones summoning in wvw is resolved, any class which is reliant on that type of mechanic will not be viable UNLESS it severely outperforms in other areas, which has a very high chance of making that class imbalanced in all other content.

@Cyninja.2954 said:snip

good pointers.

post patch mirage will be ded. shield can replace f4. the thing to do is either target stragglers where your clone is very unlikely to die, or behind and to the side of the main melee ball where there is a decent chance of it not dying (spam f1 furiously). the build has decent damage, boon removal, and cripple. I don't see any other options for mes unless some pain mantra heal spammer.

hello,i play small group action with an organized group, we (me) ran this build alongside a fb, auramancer ele and two dps. it worked well as an off dps that gives a lot of aoe quickness (usually at 15-20s of quickness in fights on the group), we were comfortably able to grind through groups of 15 ish with that comp. i ran this build for about one month testing it with different traits/sigils/weapons/support gear, all that, this was the best result i could find for my own playstyle (just to note i used the traits in domination to reflect the changes coming on tuesday, confounding suggestions will become a trait that grants the gs4 double summon, you want more clones): http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PiwAEx7lVwSYesFWJOST7tXA-zRRYihWBH1E1lSmhQtFQvRQFJgazi+jbA-e

now that said, this build is shithouse in zergs. it cannot sustain clones (no mesmer build can in zergs) and you just kinda do nothing, very low actual dps, very low quickness uptime. you can change it to use a scepter to proc the clones on the auto attacks but again, clones quite literally get deleted on spawn in zerg fights (you can use the aa on walls/gates to get a lot of clones/shatters done but that doesn't really functionally change much).

for the patch mesmer is going to be pretty bad in general i think, it probably won't be a part of the core zerg meta in the coming weeks outside of 'we need a veil', this might be a good option for that role, but if you're new definitely add some knights or cavalier stats to your build (or soldiers stats if you're finding it very difficult to stay alive). goodluck with it!

edit, i should have added the core trait of this build (the quickness) is getting it's base duration changed from 2s to 1s, that's a huge nerf to what this is meant to be doing.

@Tinnel.4369 said:

@"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

I call it chrono splitblade. to be used only with diviner renegade. good, bad?

Take Mirage, put a Sigil of Stamina on your GS; enjoy the light show, dodges, and Mirage related self boon generation.

That Sigil of Stamina will only be as enjoyable against trash mobs that almost die instantly in PvE. If for some reason it outperforms in WvW despite the new lower damage reference there, the single dodge of Mirage and is a mandatory for Mirage, even if only outperforms with Mirage and maybe Daredevil, they'll delete that sigil from WvW ASAP or nerf it a lot avoiding you to chain dodges when some people instant die against blobs, warclaws, etc. That sigil doesn't exist in PvP and is strange that they still did not deleted if from WvW. Maybe they considered it not relevant with the actual high damage and forgot it for this balance patch. But will be their target and be deleted or be nerfed if they detect that it outperforms in WvW with the new lower damage reference. I already can visualize people complaining against it only due to Mirage and maybe also Bound from Daredevil, etc. We will see.

@"Justine.6351" said:It's only "good" if you are already winning, well that's how I felt when I used to play it on reaper.

all you have to do is get 1 kill every 10 sec for it to be twice as effective as energy. its not that hard. every push generates some kills and having your endurance refresh from that is op as hell.

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:

@"Justine.6351" said:It's only "good" if you are already winning, well that's how I felt when I used to play it on reaper.

all you have to do is get 1 kill every 10 sec for it to be twice as effective as energy. its not that hard. every push generates some kills and having your endurance refresh from that is op as hell.

Now i Immagined entire blob of GS/GS mirages with energy/stamina on both sets, just massinvis/veil and assblast spam 3clone ambushes.

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:

@Leonidrex.5649 said:Now i Immagined entire blob of GS/GS mirages with energy/stamina on both sets, just massinvis/veil and assblast spam 3clone ambushes.

with mantras you could actually create a functional 5 man comp.

meh, with proper coms and teamplay anything can functionmake 30 scrappers, stealth them all and aoe blast enemy zerg at the same time???profit

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@Leonidrex.5649 said:Now i Immagined entire blob of GS/GS mirages with energy/stamina on both sets, just massinvis/veil and assblast spam 3clone ambushes.

with mantras you could actually create a functional 5 man comp.

meh, with proper coms and teamplay anything can functionmake 30 scrappers, stealth them all and aoe blast enemy zerg at the same time???profit

sounds genius