Nerfing damage but not touching evades? This is going to be catastrophic.

tunococman.7324

@"tunococman.7324" said:The CD nerf on some evade skills isn't even enough to whoever said evades did get touched. Blurred Frenzy not having cd increase, Guardian + it's elite specs such as Firebrand still probably able to block spam without any burst to stop block spam, Shiro Revenant can still dodge spam probably, on top of high casting time CCs getting it's damage nerfed? SERIOUSLY? So what if Mirage got nerfed, there will simply be another evade spam build taking it's place.

Watch chrono bunker or something similar to it come back (Evade thief, Shouts Warrior, Some stupid AI build, I don't know what it is but it's going to be just as bad if not worse), even with nerfed sustain. With less damage but not enough touching on evades, we could go back to 30 minute pvp where whoever falls asleep first dies.

It's great to try and make the game like the launch again, but it would be better if they touched evade spam/blind spam/block spam further and make it less obnoxious and spammy.

Patch is going to be garbage, legit with the way they are doing it. Refusing to consider multiple other factors (such as burst avoidance) while toning down damage is just going to make the game unfun. The game NEEDED high damage because there were too many stupid teleports to ledges and evade/blind/block spam, taking it away without considering this isn't balance, it's just shifting into something just as (possible more) evil.

Agreed 100%. A good start would be: "Vigor increases endurance regen by 25%". It would still be a great boon

my profession of choice only gets 2 evades by default and nothing more. So i mean its not really possible to nerf evades on my mains ;( sorry.But from reading the patch notes evades are being nerfedRev (shiro) got its evade skill nerfedWeavers got twist of fate nerfedetc

Perhaps you are looking at a specific profession when you say this? Please be a bit more clear in who specifically you are targeting when you say evades are not being touched. Cause at this point you have to be targeting a specific thing from what i can see everyone had some of their defensive attributes nerfed be it blocks, evades, or stunbreaks.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:@Rickster.8752 why not, instead of blanket nerfing vigor, nerf what gives too much vigor instead?same thing with every boon, dont blanket nerf might, nerf what gives too much might.

They would have to nerf about 50 traits then because everything gives vigor. That is the problem. Everyone has 40 seconds of perma vigor. If they nerf them then people will have 10s of perma vigor...which is the same result. Vigor should just be worse.

@"ZDragon.3046" said:my profession of choice only gets 2 evades by default and nothing more. So i mean its not really possible to nerf evades on my mains ;( sorry.But from reading the patch notes evades are being nerfedRev (shiro) got its evade skill nerfedWeavers got twist of fate nerfedetc

Perhaps you are looking at a specific profession when you say this? Please be a bit more clear in who specifically you are targeting when you say evades are not being touched. Cause at this point you have to be targeting a specific thing from what i can see everyone had some of their defensive attributes nerfed be it blocks, evades, or stunbreaks.

And compared to what Hammer Warrior and Guardian Suffered? That's a slap to the wrist. But that's besides the point.

It's not just Revenant that I'm concerned about, these are BIG nerfs to damage while shouts warrior healing went from 1.2 to 1.0, and they get to keep the same endurance regen from Might Makes Right for example. EVADE SPAM IS JUST BAD DESIGN, you should be timing evades and get punished for bad evades. You can still evade spam on most classes because the damage nerf does not justify what the evade spam will be.

Literally nerfing damage when DAMAGE IS NECESSARY due to ANET's failure to keep evade spam in check from the beginning, while giving these "evade skills" a slap to the wrist, isn't really "touching evades"

You want to dumb down the game and make it easy to follow like in launch, you should be able to follow/count evades, and delete pathetic garbage like z-axis teleports (how do you catch z-axis teleports now right? zz).

After the patch, evades are still obnoxious and uncountable, whatever "changes" you are talking about is a slap to the wrist to evades/blocks/blinds w/e damage mitigation you are talking about.

@Rickster.8752 said:

@Leonidrex.5649 said:@Rickster.8752 why not, instead of blanket nerfing vigor, nerf what gives too much vigor instead?same thing with every boon, dont blanket nerf might, nerf what gives too much might.

They would have to nerf about 50 traits then because everything gives vigor. That is the problem. Everyone has 40 seconds of perma vigor. If they nerf them then people will have 10s of perma vigor...which is the same result. Vigor should just be worse.

not everyone has perma vigor, and if 50 traits need to be nerfed then nerf 50. its for the better.

@tunococman.7324 said:

@"ZDragon.3046" said:my profession of choice only gets 2 evades by default and nothing more. So i mean its not really possible to nerf evades on my mains ;( sorry.But from reading the patch notes evades are being nerfedRev (shiro) got its evade skill nerfedWeavers got twist of fate nerfedetc

And compared to what Hammer Warrior and Guardian Suffered? That's a slap to the wrist. But that's besides the point.

It's not just Revenant that I'm concerned about, these are BIG nerfs to damage while shouts warrior healing went from 1.2 to 1.0, and they get to keep the same endurance regen from Might Makes Right for example. EVADE SPAM IS JUST BAD DESIGN, you should be timing evades and get punished for bad evades. You can still evade spam on most classes because the damage nerf does not justify what the evade spam will be.

Well their might generation is going down in duration so.... they wont be doing crazy damage keep in mind its a warrior its blocks got slightly nerfed and so did the break stuns.

Warriors still need to be able to evade some extent.I mean its not really so much evade spam keep in mind if any time the warrior fails to hit you its might they dont get which means thats endurance they dong get back. The main source of free endurance which is currently "For Great Justice" im pretty sure is getting a hard nerf. So long as they cant be stuck at 25 might with lethal damage all the time warrior will be fine.

You want to dumb down the game and make it easy to follow like in launch, you should be able to follow/count evades, and delete pathetic garbage like z-axis teleports (how do you catch z-axis teleports now right? zz).

For most professions you can still count evades as not every profession heavily depends on just evades.

After the patch, evades are still obnoxious and uncountable, whatever "changes" you are talking about is a slap to the wrist to evades/blocks/blinds w/e damage mitigation you are talking about.

I don't think they will be for most professions where they are now like on herald rev which is just insane with how it can always break stuns on a whim and evade out or in etc alot of stuff is getting targeted in the right way just not all of it.

What does evade have to do with anything here?

We're extending the flow of the game by making more skills important, not ruining it by removing any of what makes setting up important.

If people can evade only every 20 seconds, what's the point of even changing cooldowns.