WP open world reaper

UKADAM.3910

So I just was able to craft everything I needed for wooden potatoes open world reaper build then the future patch details was release and I was curious if it still be a viable build ? :/ since I used everything I had to get the stats and weopens for it and I ain’t no wizard when it comes to numbers in this game so I came here to ask the experts haha the link to the build is below

Yes it's still viable.

I personally run Focus Offhand with Axe though, because the Life Force gain from it is just so much better if yu are playing a Shroud camping style for Open World.Spinal Shivers may be pretty useless for Open world mobs that don't boon up, but Grasp is so so good for regenerating Life Force because it gives 11% Lifeforce on hit, comes with two charges and inflicts 5 stacks of Vuln.

This allows yu to gain Lifeforce in bursts with yur GS3, Axe2 and Focus4 so yu could quickly leap back into Shroud to do DPS.

@Yasai.3549 said:Yes it's still viable.

I personally run Focus Offhand with Axe though, because the Life Force gain from it is just so much better if yu are playing a Shroud camping style for Open World.Spinal Shivers may be pretty useless for Open world mobs that don't boon up, but Grasp is so so good for regenerating Life Force because it gives 11% Lifeforce on hit, comes with two charges and inflicts 5 stacks of Vuln.

This allows yu to gain Lifeforce in bursts with yur GS3, Axe2 and Focus4 so yu could quickly leap back into Shroud to do DPS.

If you play a shroud camping build, warhorn is better than focus.Cause you can cast warhorn 5 before entering shroud, which makes you regenerate lifeforce while in shroud by hitting enemies with that skill.

@Nimon.7840 said:

If you play a shroud camping build, warhorn is better than focus.Cause you can cast warhorn 5 before entering shroud, which makes you regenerate lifeforce while in shroud by hitting enemies with that skill.

That is true, but sometimes when yu camp shroud, yur losing more Lifeforce through taking damage, at this point it would be good to have Focus on hand to rapidly regenerate Lifeforce to enter Shroud again.

Of course, it depends on differing playstyles and how people manage their Lifeforce, as well as managing the cooldowns of weaponsets because 30 seconds on Locust Swarm isn't really great at upkeeping Lifeforce over Grasp which is 15 second per charge and benefits more from Gluttony being two charges of 11% each over Locust Swarm's 15% total over 10 impacts.

I also play a Signet build and Signet of Undeath is extremely good at extending Shroud life.

If you don't like minions in your skillbar like me:

I think that the buff to the undeath signet changed a lot for open world reaper. The most effective way is to camp shroud which is achieved on a signets build. You do have some strong support too as other players benefit from you healing signet and you have an ultra low cooldown rez. After a rez you can cast locust signet to refill your sacrificed hp. The traited spite signet adds about 10% of damage which compensates not picking close to death.

You have a 100% reliant dps (shroud camping and spamming the auto, skill4 and skill5 for vulnerability stacking) of above 20k, you are extremely durable and you can support with signet heals and rezzes (which is a lot of fun to me at least).

Here: looks like a noob build but is extremely effective and forgiving.http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PSwAc2FlRw0YYsLWJOuWnNbA-e

Why chill of death and focus:To maintain the 15% damage buff of chill on your target. And against a single target like a champ focus4 generates a lot more life force than warhorn5.

Why bitter chill?It stacks vulnerability better than unyielding blast and you end up with a higher benefit than picking spiteful talisman when you are on your own. In a group where you have perma 25 vuln, it's a different story. On top of that a trait (speed of shadows) to remove movement impairing conditions is a huge qol on some maps.

@Yasai.3549 said:I also play a Signet build and Signet of Undeath is extremely good at extending Shroud life.

Funny enough, I found this to be very helpful for the Whisper Jormag mission. It's a DPS loss ofc, but when you're in shroud you're taking no damage. Last night group 2 had three Scourges and two Reapers in it - the healers weren't very stressed on that run.

I don't think it's worth using in OW outside of fighting champs though; nothing lives long enough that you need to remain in shroud for prolonged periods of time.