Possibility of Expansion?

@kharmin.7683 said:

@MikeG.6389 said:The work that would involve implementing a new playable race makes the addition of one highly unlikely to me. The inordinate amount of voiced dialogue for the main character throughout the game that would need to be re-recorded for the new race is already a monumental task. Add in the race-specific storyline at the beginning of the core story, the new home city, etc. Yeah, that one is a no-go, I'm sure.Then again, and paraphrased from above, never say never.

The only way to get a new race,
i think
Would be to have one of the new race join the commanders squad for any other races' story line, and for the player of that race to join the commanders' squad as said member.That way you have no story inconsistency, and no need to go back on the story.The only difference or maybe weird thing would be that as said race you share half your dialogue with an NPC commander

But there would be players who would want to go back on the story and complain about being unable to do content because of it.

Players need to stop quagganing about that kind of stuff, the Tengu weren't with the pact, not even with society, at that time.

It would be about as absurd as people in WoW asking to play an Alliance Orc or Horde Draenei

@FrownyClown.8402 said:You think we will get one? Personally I'd like it to be a bit different and feature a new race in addition to new weapon choices for each class.

Elementalist- longbowWarrior-shortbowNecro-offhand axeRevenant-greatswordGuardian- mainhand shieldRanger- offhand swordMesmer- mh pistolThief- mh axeEngineer-offhand pistol

New race tengu or kodan.

I would rather have greatsword for professions that can't wield it, such as Revenant, Thief, Engineer, and Elementalist.

Anet knows they need an expansion or something to renew interest. They know the saga content is not enough to sustain and keep players interested over the long haul. Also PvP is central to the game which is why they're focusing on all the re-balancing. I'm 99% sure there is either an expansion or the sequel is in development. Something big is coming for certain.

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@"Ayakaru.6583" said:Players need to stop quagganing about that kind of stuff, the Tengu weren't with the pact, not even with society, at that time.

Yep. Suuure they weren't.

Okay, strays everywhere. If you're gonna pluck weeds to prove there's the a meadow then we also don't need to go to Cantha.

Tengu as a society has been very recluse until now. We got 2 stray Tengu to join the pact efforts.

Storywise its not hard to incorporate tengu into main storyline. Their whole society currently lives in dominion of winds - closed of city where no one can enter. So you can basically make something in same manner like wow did with worgens... Some kind of cataclysm or event that made them to open up the gates. You can make their few story missions instanced in the city area until level 10-15 and then yiu free to go explore whole world. I believe their city is in 15 level area from asura side, dont remember now.And lets say if you want to replay other living world seasons or something from the past story content you can use those seeds of the past (from season 2) in order to make it lore friendly.

@FrownyClown.8402 said:You think we will get one? Personally I'd like it to be a bit different and feature a new race in addition to new weapon choices for each class.

Elementalist- longbowWarrior-shortbowNecro-offhand axeRevenant-greatswordGuardian- mainhand shieldRanger- offhand swordMesmer- mh pistolThief- mh axeEngineer-offhand pistol

New race tengu or kodan.

I'd like to see:

Ele - Greatsword (Ranged AoE)Warrior - Scepter / Focus (Alacrity support build)Necro - Rifle or Longbow (Fast ranged AoE DPS)Revenant - GreatswordGuardian - 2H ShieldRanger - Rifle or Pistol (Fast ranged AoE DPS)Mesmer - Main hand focusThief - Longbow (Fast ranged AoE DPS)Engineer already gets offhand pistol, let's give them a staff and make them a Robomancer with Quickness support so Warrior and Engineer break up the FB/Rene monopoly.

+1 to playable Tengu!