KP in Strike Missions, seriously

I'm against KP in general because I find it elitist, but... look, I get it. Some people take the game seriously, especially the raiders and fractal folks. If you're doing Fractal CM speedclears or Raids, I get that you want some kind of proof that someone knows the mechanics so that your run has less chance of failing. I've done CMs maybe once or twice but I do T4s daily and I know how frustrating it is to wipe because one person isn't carrying their weight.

But seriously, people asking for KP in Strike Missions is absoultely ridiculous. I completed Shiverpeaks Pass and Whisper of Jormag twice today with PUGs that had 2 healers, some decent condi dps folks and a few randos just doing their thing. These things aren't hard. They don't give insanely high rewards and they're not really "super prestigious hi-end content". The mechanics are fairly easy to pick up, or explain in one or two sentences.

I've done the missions so this is not me spilling salt over being kicked from a party for not having KP or whatever. I just think it's stupid and discouraging to a lot of players that want to give it a shot.

Even if it wasnt a meme, if a player wants to seriously demand high credentials, that's their perogative to play that way. Is it needed? Hundo percent no. But it's not any less stupid than someone posting for a Sabathia run with only pistol pistol thieves. Dont like the group? Dont join it. People need to stop complaining about how other people play the game when they have options to opt out.

@Nephalem.8921 said:Aren't these requirements just jokes? Nobody pinged anything when i joined those groups for fun.

Happened to me too, so I guess you're right.

@"Shikaru.7618" said:Dont like the group? Dont join it. People need to stop complaining about how other people play the game when they have options to opt out.

Sometimes these groups are the only ones on LFG. When I have a choice between waiting for 30 mins to find 10 people or joining a 7/10 party with "100li" and them telling me to eff off even though I know the mechanics and have beaten harder stuff than a 10 minute golem bossfight... I don't know, I just feel we could do without it. Though as the guy above said, they're mostly lols and we went in without anyone pinging anything anyway.

@JackassTheX.6351 said:

@Nephalem.8921 said:Aren't these requirements just jokes? Nobody pinged anything when i joined those groups for fun.

Happened to me too, so I guess you're right.

@"Shikaru.7618" said:Dont like the group? Dont join it. People need to stop complaining about how other people play the game when they have options to opt out.

Sometimes these groups are the only ones on LFG. When I have a choice between waiting for 30 mins to find 10 people or joining a 7/10 party with "100li" and them telling me to eff off even though I know the mechanics and have beaten harder stuff than a 10 minute golem bossfight... I don't know, I just feel we could do without it. Though as the guy above said, they're mostly lols and we went in without anyone pinging anything anyway.

Or make your own group, there's always that option that nobody ever considers when complaining about kp/li/whatever requirements. Is that too elitist too?

I don't know what you're complaining about - Anet made strikes to bring the casual and raider content and communities closer, and this is eaxctly what is happening there. Casuals can now get to know raids better, and surely things like that will make them more interested.Surely.[/sarcasm]But, on a more serious note - it's not like behaviour like that could not be predicted beforehand. It was quite obvious this was going to happen once the difficulty of strikes achieved a level where some players may feel the need to filter out people they think might cause the attempt to fail. That's a raider mentality right there, and in a content that plans to span all the difficulty levels between casual content and actual raids it was certain to kick in at some point.And well, it's not like players do not have some very good reasons to make group requirements for joining, so you can hardly blame them for doing exactly that.

I dunno, it seems kinda pointless in strike missions to have kp since it's meant to be the bridging gap between raiding or training steps to raids.

Whispers and skinner both require players to be watching out for important mechanics you cannot ignore and can be frustrating if someone is not doing mechanics or doesnt know what to do... end up resing them asap but get downed and whole bunch o players go down trying to save u and the other downed... frustratingBut we dont want to be scaring away players with kp.More people interested in strikes = potential players wanting to raid = more interest in anet to develop/spend resource on new raids (pls pls)

LFG with exp yes but kp .. seriously not with strikes lol

Honestly if they had a proper gear check, it might fix the problem. Kp is to try to filter out the worse of the worst, those who are not raid/strike ready. Mainly we are talking about folks in random gear doing 3k dps. Personally, if there was a proper inspect with gear and traits, i would not care who is in my group as long as they done the leg work to get proper gear and build, no mater the xp.

Instead of asking for KP, add a link to the wiki and ask players to read it before zoning in. You'll get groups filled much quicker.

Seriously, I did the Whisper Strike for the 1st time today on my lunch break. Took 30 secs to read the wiki entry, and I then knew every mechanic that was coming. P3 was a surprise for me, as everything was going on at once, but it was easier on the subsequent attempts. But at no point was I asking myself "what are those green circles" or "why is there a chain attached to me"?

Sadly after 4 wipes, all at 10-11%, I had to leave to go back to work.

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@Shikaru.7618 said:Get rid of kp by bridging the insane performance gap between an open world bottom feeder and a veteran raider.Yes.
This
is the gap Anet would need to bridge. Unfortunately, i do not believe it's possible without some major rework of the whole combat/class/build system.

Why a rework when the gap is due to player skill?

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@Shikaru.7618 said:Get rid of kp by bridging the insane performance gap between an open world bottom feeder and a veteran raider.Yes.
This
is the gap Anet would need to bridge. Unfortunately, i do not believe it's possible without some major rework of the whole combat/class/build system.

Why a rework when the gap is due to player skill?First, this is a bit more than
just
about skill. Skill, yes, plays a role, but that's what makes the difference when everything else (gear, traits, skills selected) is the same. But the knowledge of all of those is as important. Even small changes in traits and skills selected can have significant impact on your effectiveness, and you cannot do your dps rotations right if you don't know how they should like (and, let's be honest, most of the rotations are not very intuitive).Second, the game can teach you about game mechanics, but most of things that impact effectiveness simply cannot be taught by the game. The game has no idea what the proper rotation should like, and while the freestyle build system can help you create magnificent and supereffective builds, usually it only helps you in crippling your character.

So, basically, with the current system, most players won't get any better, and there's nothing the game can do about it. The only way to close the insane performance gap between them and hardcore veterans is by decreasing the possibility of such a gap even existing - and that can only be done by removing all those things that faciliate it. And that can't be done without a major rework of a whole build/class/combat system.

Which, as we know, is not likely to happen.