Upcoming Balance Notes

Butterfly Kingdom.8349

woaaah! this is huge and I play with all the classes (except very little Mesmer) and I'm scared to even start reading this ( i don't even care about the builds much tho :P I mostly play by a feel and tweak things from time to time or sometimes go for random to see what happens, most of times I have no idea what i'm doing -_-, don't judge me :P )

@"Moradorin.6217" said:I think what is being done looks totally half-baked. I think this looks poorly planned. Fairly random. Im pretty confident that balance is looking like it will be worse than ever.

One of the most obvious examples of poor balance and half-baked planning is Mirage. Mirage is dependent upon dodge for damage on top of the normal damage avoidance, yet "Mirage Cloak: This trait now reduces the mirage's endurance by 50 in competitive modes" This ALONE IS BAD ENOUGH, BUT DID YOU BOTHER TO CONSIDER THAT ONCE MIRAGE HAS ONE DODGE PER FULL BAR THAT MECHANICS LIKE Superior Sigil of Energy WILL GIVE HALF A BAR STILL WHICH IS HALF A KITTEN DODGE. THEREFORE WHILE EVERY OTHER CLASS WILL GAIN ONE OR MORE DODGE ON SWAP FROM THIS SIGIL MIRAGE WILL GAIN 1/2 a DODGE FROM THE SAME KITTEN SIGIL. WHO EVER IS PLANNING THIS BALANCE NEEDS TO RECONSIDER THIS CHANGE BEFORE ITS TOO LATE.

I would say more but I dont want the post to be deleted ;)

Sry, but I barely play mesmer... how does half of a dodge even work? Or it doesn't?

Although there are some points that should've been reworked, patch seems ok. It will force most of us to abandon our current mains (profession or just the build we use) and find something else that we can work with. Meta will change partially but it seems top roles would more or less stay same. There are some points that I do not agree with but I don't have the ability to see the big picture with all the possible builds and professions in it. It will be a fudge fest for some weeks though :)

@Dennis.7856 said:Bubble still follows Spellbreaker. Amazing how you still dont listen to your community :)

Thank god they didn’t change it... I don’t know why ppl have problems with spellbreaker anyway... u could easy interrupt or kite a bubble... if u nerve the winds more why play spellbreaker then anyway? Balance doesn’t mean to nerve something till it’s not played anymore...

@lea.8021 said:

@lea.8021 said:With such a large reduction in damage and shortened stabilities, how am I supposed to do something as simple as taking a camp with my necro? against 2 sentries and a veteran who are constantly throwing cc, not to mention the heads of towers that constantly apply cc, there are professions as a warrior that with blockages and evasions will be able to do it but for others it will be difficult to impossible. Roaming is going to become something of few classes. This balance is too focused on group vs. group but does not see the rest of the picture.

I am pretty sure that when the game launched, solo players were not meant to cap camps either. Powercreep made all those NPC irrelevant. I bet that even after the patch camps can be taken solo, but it'll require a better tactic than just YOLOing it.

Warriors and guardians core were always able to take a camp quickly, apart now there are the mounts, which forces you to take them faster.

Pretty much every class was able to solo camps, even at launch... That does not change, dmg wasnt cut THAT much. T3 camps might be a problem now, but those are rather rare these days anyways, and often are being defended by players. Bring a friend... Or, if you have no friends, ask in mapchat for someone to come with you, this mode is all about teamplay anyways, maybe you make a new friend.

@Rasfar.6921 said:I have a feeling I will stop playing after the patch.... I have no intress in wet noodle wars

Byee~ i personally wont miss ppl who supported that powercrept oneshot meta :)

Edit: great changes so far, keep at it balance team, hope you are keeping up with the more frequent balance patches

@Hadi.6025 said:

@"Lan Deathrider.5910" said:Looks like Foot in the Grave survived unless I missed the new trait in there somewhere.

Foot in the grave is gone and replaced by a new skill. "Eternal Life: With this new trait, gain life force constantly up to a threshold while not in shroud. Gain 66% in PvE and 20% in PvP & WvW. Gain protection when you enter shroud."

AH it was in the first piece on the Necro and not in the traits section hence why I thought it survived. That's what I get for reading it on my phone last night.

@lea.8021 said:With such a large reduction in damage and shortened stabilities, how am I supposed to do something as simple as taking a camp with my necro? against 2 sentries and a veteran who are constantly throwing cc, not to mention the heads of towers that constantly apply cc, there are professions as a warrior that with blockages and evasions will be able to do it but for others it will be difficult to impossible. Roaming is going to become something of few classes. This balance is too focused on group vs. group but does not see the rest of the picture.  And I do not prefer to mention the return of Condi Wars 2.

Blinds and fears. Same as always. Ball them up, lay down some AoE plus Blind, go into whatever version of Shroud you are running, drop your Shroud AoE+Fear. Repeat as necessary. Honestly I have never needed Stability while taking a camp from NPCs with my necro... Frankly I've never run FitG and still manage just fine with my reaper.

@ZeftheWicked.3076 said:

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:Frankly I've never run FitG and still manage just fine with my
reaper.

Bolded out the operative word. Reaper has his own stab sources so yeah you can can skip FitG just fine. Core necro on the other hand got murdered. But much like his damage output in PvE, a-net couldn't care less...

I got bored the other day and went core Condi, but left my Marauder trinkets on. Still had zero problems taking camps alone without stability. If you can't take a camp without stability, then your problem isn't the lack of stability...

Core still has enough blinds and fears to effortlessly take a camp even while running a half baked Condi build.

@ZeftheWicked.3076 said:Core necro dead. No stab except one lousy stack from well of power (lasting whole 1s). In competitive stunbreaks got no buff whatsoever while our main one (foot in the grave) got removed.

Worst dps in PvE of all specs.CC ragdoll^2 in competitive after this.Firebrands won't care about you, because you're no scourge, providing huge party utility.

Giving doom a cast time may remove core necro from PvP just as scourge by breaking its core mechanic. All other is in line with the overall class changes. Just from reading patch notes I see more player queue as necro and switch to another class in future.

so you are going with the stab nerfs on utility skills (stand your ground, mantra of concentration)? thought you were going to skip them. too bad. the increased cd on stun breaks is plenty imo.

if you guys don't follow thru with buffs to underperformers in a timely manner then you're killing this game even more. the renewed interest will last a few weeks, maybe a month, then ppl will write this game off for good.

Question on soulbeast for clarification: beastmode now accounts as petswap for all traits associated with them and you only listed the most important ones or they ONLY account for those two?

Because please make it general. I wanna make a condi soulbeast for so long now, but poison master always felt gimped on soulbeast (besides its niche function).

I would also like poison Master rework to grant poison on cripple. It's like abyssal chill from rev and gives more build flexibilities.

@Avelione.6075 said:

@"Moradorin.6217" said:I think what is being done looks totally half-baked. I think this looks poorly planned. Fairly random. Im pretty confident that balance is looking like it will be worse than ever.

One of the most obvious examples of poor balance and half-baked planning is Mirage. Mirage is dependent upon dodge for damage on top of the normal damage avoidance, yet "Mirage Cloak: This trait now reduces the mirage's endurance by 50 in competitive modes" This ALONE IS BAD ENOUGH, BUT DID YOU BOTHER TO CONSIDER THAT ONCE MIRAGE HAS ONE DODGE PER FULL BAR THAT MECHANICS LIKE
WILL GIVE HALF A BAR STILL WHICH IS HALF A KITTEN DODGE. THEREFORE WHILE EVERY OTHER CLASS WILL GAIN ONE OR MORE DODGE ON SWAP FROM THIS SIGIL MIRAGE WILL GAIN 1/2 a DODGE FROM THE SAME KITTEN SIGIL. WHO EVER IS PLANNING THIS BALANCE NEEDS TO RECONSIDER THIS CHANGE BEFORE ITS TOO LATE.

I would say more but I dont want the post to be deleted ;)

Sry, but I barely play mesmer... how does half of a dodge even work? Or it doesn't?

"Half a dodge" is just that nothing. That is the point. If a 'full endurance bar' = 'one dodge' then gaining 50% of your endurance on swap WOULD NOT even give one dodges worth of endurance for mirage while literally EVERY OTHER CLASS DOES get 1-1.5 dodges worth of energy from Sigil of Energy on swap. This IMO just demonstrates how totally half baked and fubar this attempt at balance it. Its pathetic!