[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas [Merged]

ginryu.3026

Removing the specific group categories and then relying on the players to manually add one to each posting is unwise, I think. I see a lot of listings with little to no - and sometimes misleading - descriptions. There would also be audible backlash, I fear, against making the listing process unnecessarily convoluted. The subcategories provide an easy way to advertise yourself to people looking for exactly the same content and makes your life much easier when you know what content you are looking for, which, I wager, is a much more common occurrence than the "browsing out of boredom" thing that you described.

I say, keep all the subcategories as they are now, but add a "Show All Groups" button to all the major categories. That way you avoid the very real possibility of having loads of incomplete/unclear listings and you will have a way to look at them in a much more consolidated manner.

The LFG is unreadable, you need a lot of clicks to find what you want, when you set up a group you have very little visibility, ...since the beginning of the game we ask for a redesign.

GW2 has done some great stuff the mounts, the trading post this are taken from big studios and other MMOs.

So take what's good in other MMOs, so the LFG in FF14 is just awesome, just copy it just like the other ones copy your ideas.

This has been brought up in the past. The Looking For Group menu needs its own tab with a proper rework both for organizing, finding and managing groups/squads. The current implementation is poor in scaling (aka each new map/content adds to the overall size and makes it progressively harder to find players).

Unfortunately the last time this was brought up, major reworks were out of the picture due to resource restraints, so I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Watching how it works, the code must be totally different then it should. The thread is few years old. Doesn't seem they even tried to fix it. It affects players who didn't completed all Central Tyria masteries. 

I made a pop-up blocker macro.

• It checks pixel's color at X=370, Y=1070 (orange exclamation mark). If the color is found, then close pop-up by ESC.
  • It sleeps 1000 ms between checks.
  • Resolution: 1920x1200.
  • Standard UI size (default).
  • Allow closing windows by ESC (default).
  • Change display to Windowed Fullscreen (it looks the same as normal Fullscreen, but allows macro to read color).
  • Compile using the AutoHotkey.

After turning on the macro, Start / Stop pop-up blocker by F12.

F12::run := !runWhile, run {  PixelGetColor, color, 370, 1070  If (color = 0x2278EA)   {    Send {ESC}   }  Sleep 1000 }return

If someone want to use it on different resolution:make a screenshot with visible pop-up and check position for orange exclamation mark, any full orange pixel at the middle.Insert that position below and run this, it will show pop-up with precise color value:

F12::PixelGetColor, color, 370, 1070MsgBox % color

Then copy that color value and position to the macro. 

It works good, but can we use it?... or maybe we get banned for using macro...

Streamlining the crafting UI.The inordinate amount of nested recipes - especially when it comes to Scribing - is quite frankly off putting. I propose that once you have the necessary recipes unlocked/discovered, we should be able to craft any and all top recipes with one click, and all the necessary nested recipes would be crafted automatically, in the needed amount, given, of course, you have the raw materials. Maybe a prompt window should pop up, as well, detailing what materials will be used before the item is actually crafted.

@"kharmin.7683" said:A thread already exists for QoL suggestions: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/53097/suggestions-qol-quality-of-life-ideas

Well, thank you for your suggestion, I knew my messages would merge to that thread eventually and get berried in 40 pages of suggestion which some of them are 3 years old. I wanted to get some exposure from players before that.