Any way to revert crafting mistake? Share your fails

ONko.7460

@Eloc Freidon.5692 said:

@"Khisanth.2948" said:
Imgur

Someday I will find a use for these ...

Sell them on the trading post.

IIRC they were selling for less than their materials back when that was posted.

That's what happens when people are looking to necro threads and the one time I don't check the dates.

Unfortunately it is STILL true. :/

Materials sell for almost 60% more.

Not really tied to crafting itself but since it's Mystic Forge and counts to crafting partly, so I'd like to share this huge mistake I made once.So when PoF was released and the harrier stats became a new thing and it was the new meta for heal druid I had to change my entire set of ascended gear but I forgot to take out the agony infusions before putting the pieces into the forge and with that I lost a lot of gold by this mistake. I had to rebuy all the infusions again and since I had max AR it was quite cost worthy to get everything back again. This was probably the dumbest thing I've ever done aside from that one time I almost ecto gambled all my gold because I didn't stop when I was already lucky with a 1k drop and became more greedy. But that's another story ^^

• 1 year later...

This isn't legendary related, but it just happened and it's why I found this thread in the first place.

I just spent my afternoon mucking about trying to get the required things for the Cultivated Seed (Mawdrey). I have my resonating chaos orb, exactly the amount of foxfire clusters, exactly the amount of bloodstone shards, and the clay pot that I crafted with, you  guessed it, just enough clay bricks (pot is valued at 25g, which is more than I have right now). I shove the things into the Mystic Forge, only to make a Lay Line infused pot instead o the Chaos Infused pot, because I didn't pay attention to which of the HoT items I put into the forge first (it greyed out all the other options, so I thought I was on the right track). I felt sick to my stomach when I realized my mistake. The pot is account bound too, so it's a total sink. I'll have to delete it or something if Arenanet doesn't help me out by reversing it ;_;

Edited by Silvanfan.9872
More info!
  • Sad 2

Interesting thread!

My biggest crafting mistake was buying an ascended weapon recipe from the Master Weaponsmith for 5 laurels and 3 gold, then realizing that I was working on a weapon with expansion stats, and that I need to buy it from the TP for 5 silver.

I still have that ascended sword recipe sitting in my bank.

Mocking me.

Edited by Gibson.4036
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 2/20/2020 at 7:27 AM, Heartsfield.2684 said:

I think the game needs an overhaul to connect every aspect of the game into a whole. Crafting feels weird to me, because when indo it, i do it only to gain like slots or just for the sake to have pieces to share with alts to just play power on all leather or cloth or heavy classes. I fail so many time crafting bacause i forget i already have some certain pieces.. i know it’s my “fault”.... yet it’s my disabillity to not have patience or simply forget in a splitsecond that it might be better to check my gear.. like a simple notify: you already have this, are you sure to continue, would make this feel better to me personally cause im somewhat anxious to use the forge or crafting since it is too costly to mess up... anxiety is something i already struggle with irl.. pls give me some relief ingame.. what would also help is to connect it to a short storyline or guide/tutorial how to connect it to game aspects like... “this is ascended gear, put it over here, if you put it in this slot, you can’t delete it and we notify you if you already have this.” “When ascended is created please be aware the stats you choose are reversable, yet it costs expensive mats.” “ be aware you can share this piece of gear with your other characters with the same gear attunement.” With the option to disable the notification if your getting annoyed by it, or for people like me, to have it permanently on, cause i would click it away and forget about it, yet regret i did that, cause i forgot how to put yhe notify back up.. yes, i know im a minority, but it would imo make this game feel more social and caring whicht already is... like yesterday i again recreated a costly piece.. sigh.. thanks in advance.

Right?? I have anxiety as well, and tend to check again and again for things. It gets tiresome to alt-tab to a guide, but I do it anyway. I did it all day today. The only thing I didn't do was to WRITE DOWN which mats had to go into the Mystic Forge... only for me to put ONE of the mats I wasn't supposed to in, making a whole different item. I really wish there was an Undo button for the forge, because people make mistakes! When the outcome happens, and it's not the item that was expected, it should be okay to just press "undo" and cancel the process/get your original mats back.

• Like 1

I feel like I need to gush about my appreciation for Anet's customer service! Within 6 hours I got a reply! I was extremely detailed in my explanation of the issue, and in the end (once they made sure I deleted the pot I made in error) they refunded me the materials.
I'm so happy I could cry!

• Like 2