Epic fails ...

So the other day I realised something....Something I screwed up so hard on..........

Last year I remember getting a exotic amulet from TD with all stats and I thought what the heck is this who gonna use a amulet like this? And actually ended up selling it to a merchant...

Few days ago while doing some research I was researching how you get the chak infusion and ..... it so happens you get it from the freaking amulet that I sold over to the merch ....

So ... I sold over a 10k/20k gold item to a merch for a few silvers. . . Yes I still get frustrated about this lol

What epic fails have you guys done in your time of playing gw2..?

Back when I was starting the game and repeatedly created and deleted characters to test the professions, I banked a golden boar (or something), imagining it would unlock something wonderful later on. But it was a soul bound thing, so when the bound character got deleted, there was no way to pull the boar out. A gold or so is not epic but it was to me at the time.

@crepuscular.9047 said:

Last year I remember getting a exotic amulet from TD with all stats and I thought what the heck is this who gonna use a amulet like this? And actually ended up selling it to a merchant...

you merch your exotics??? O.oyou get more gold from ectos you salvage from it

I remember that particular one, I had no salve kits on me and I thought men, 20s (ecto) vs like 3 silver so I just sold it over..............

Facepalm.

@"DanAlcedo.3281" said:Dropped the first invisible boots box.

Didnt know if its rare or not and wanted to sell it for 1k gold. Friend convinced me to go for 1.5k gold.

I could ez sold it for 5-6k back then.

Whats funny is people wearing Light armor buy these (I remember reading that they were most popular on Light classes), even though the Tribal Walkers are already just bare feet and take like maybe a day of playing WvW to get for free.

Regarding epic fails, I use my Scribe to refine materials so that I can store more in my collections without doing a sell, and Scribe has a refinement called "Elder Wood Pulp", and well I wasn't paying attention and refined all my Elder Wood Planks into pulps. For the last few years Elder Wood Planks have been one of the most lucrative items, just a single stack of them goes for 12g, so I lost maybe 100g or so overall

I'm generally very careful so that's the worst of it despite seven years of playing.

My guildmate salvaged a Precursor that was worth about 500g to save space in her bank, because she had stopped playing for a long time and was out of practice and didn't think to check the Trading Post first to see if it was valuable before salvaging it.

Kind of the opposite of a lot of people in this thread: I was making my first legendary in 2014, back before it was possible to craft precursors. For the first few months I was working on it the price of the precursor just kept going up so eventually I panicked, sold a bunch of stuff and bought The Lover for almost 800g. To this day it's still the most expensive it's ever been. Had I waited until I had everything else finished I could have saved 300-400g.

Far less drastic but still annoying I have of course mis-clicked the crafting window and turned all the wood I'd been saving up to level crafting into dowels.

I played the game from launch but stopped after Scarlet's campaign. After few years of not playing I have returned to the game sometime around PoF. I misunderstood that birthday gifts are tied to your account, not to the specific character, so I deleted all of my old characters in order to start the game from the clean slate as I saw no value in them and had little to no emotional connection to them. So now I am basically missing out on all the good birthday gifts.

@kasoki.5180 said:I played the game from launch but stopped after Scarlet's campaign. After few years of not playing I have returned to the game sometime around PoF. I misunderstood that birthday gifts are tied to your account, not to the specific character, so I deleted all of my old characters in order to start the game from the clean slate as I saw no value in them and had little to no emotional connection to them. So now I am basically missing out on all the good birthday gifts.The birthday gifts aren't all that great, IMO.

@DoRi Silvia.4159 said:So the other day I realised something....Something I screwed up so hard on..........

Few days ago while doing some research I was researching how you get the chak infusion and ..... it so happens you get it from the freaking amulet that I sold over to the merch ....

So ... I sold over a 10k/20k gold item to a merch for a few silvers. . . Yes I still get frustrated about this lol

What epic fails have you guys done in your time of playing gw2..?

Oh damn... ?