What is the best race for a guardian?

Drizzt.1796

Charr and Asura fit the role less than the others imo.

Both these races tend to be more on the selfish side of things so Guardians which is more of a supporting your allies kind of profession in concept wouldn't be as common as magic users in the Asura race and Soldiers in the Charr War Machine.

@Teratus.2859 said:Charr and Asura fit the role less than the others imo.

Both these races tend to be more on the selfish side of things so Guardians which is more of a supporting your allies kind of profession in concept wouldn't be as common as magic users in the Asura race and Soldiers in the Charr War Machine.

Asura are more driven to the magic side of Guardian. A mage in heavy amor not the more noble/paladin like archetype. Charr Guardian in lore are more uncommon in case of the charrs mistrust to all kind of magic. But the legions/warbands are pretty open to it if it's comes to accep it if it aids the warband/legion in battle. Even a npc for your personal story is a Charrdian.

• 2 weeks later...

I know this thread is old now, but I'd like to throw in my two-cents. As someone above me pointed out, you can RP your Guardian any way you want. You then kind of brushed it off as if you don't want to RP your own character. But from a lore standpoint there's only one race for the Guardian. That's Human. Guardian is a Paladin/Cleric type class that feeds it's vengeance by it's devotion to it's god. That's the Human race for you. If you want to play a Guardian based on the in-game reasons, you have your answer.

That being said, I play a Norn Guardian, and I head-cannon him in a way that he gets his powers from the Animal Spirits.

Bear gives me the fortitude, and endurance to withstand battles, and protect my allies. (Give protection, and Aegis.)Raven gives me the intelligence and wisdom to be able to heal my allies wounds.Wolf gives me the fervor and ferocity to enact my vengeance and burn my enemies.Snow Leopard gives me the courage to fight alone, and not always rely on my allies. (Basically make a build that can solo content..)

So you can see that you can RP your character any way you want. I'm sure by the time you've read this you've already made your Guardian, and possibly leveled him/her up completely. (Out of curiosity, which race did you choose? Did you level your Guardian? What elite spec did you pick? Just me being nosey.) But for future characters, just play what you think looks cool. Try on gear/outfits in the preview tab, and try out the animations for your characters in the pvp lobby, and see what appeals to you.

@Saimeren.4952 said:I know this thread is old now, but I'd like to throw in my two-cents. As someone above me pointed out, you can RP your Guardian any way you want. You then kind of brushed it off as if you don't want to RP your own character. But from a lore standpoint there's only one race for the Guardian. That's Human. Guardian is a Paladin/Cleric type class that feeds it's vengeance by it's devotion to it's god. That's the Human race for you. If you want to play a Guardian based on the in-game reasons, you have your answer.

That being said, I play a Norn Guardian, and I head-cannon him in a way that he gets his powers from the Animal Spirits.

Bear gives me the fortitude, and endurance to withstand battles, and protect my allies. (Give protection, and Aegis.)Raven gives me the intelligence and wisdom to be able to heal my allies wounds.Wolf gives me the fervor and ferocity to enact my vengeance and burn my enemies.Snow Leopard gives me the courage to fight alone, and not always rely on my allies. (Basically make a build that can solo content..)

So you can see that you can RP your character any way you want. I'm sure by the time you've read this you've already made your Guardian, and possibly leveled him/her up completely. (Out of curiosity, which race did you choose? Did you level your Guardian? What elite spec did you pick? Just me being nosey.) But for future characters, just play what you think looks cool. Try on gear/outfits in the preview tab, and try out the animations for your characters in the pvp lobby, and see what appeals to you.

I'm doing Dragonhunter.

There was this exceedingly eloquent post back at launch on this topic. I can in no way do justice to that bard’s prose, but it can be summarized as “I am Charr, I am a guardian. I protect my warband, for we are stronger together than alone. You fight one of us, you fight us all, and I shall be their bulwark.”

Gave me goosebumps and the choice from there was never regretted.

• 3 weeks later...