What happened?

Drizzt.1796

None of these are actually unknown. The most unknown is "what happened to Cantha".

What happened to Ascalon? Charr conquered, then humans conquered, then a millennia of war with steady human advancement, then the Searing, then Foefire, then two centuries of war with charr steady advancement, then peace treaty, then GW2 events.

What happened to Cantha? After the events of GW1's Winds of Change, the Ministry of Purity's influence affected Usoku and when he became emperor followed their xenophobic teachings, raised military to reconquer the Luxons and Kurzicks, followed by kicking out the tengu and those who disagreed with his ways. Trade remained until Zhaitan rose, and most recently the Zephyrites visited in 1326 AE telling us it has become culturally rich and vibrant (as opposed to GW1's more murky state).

What started the Nightmare Court? It's all described here. Spoiled Secondborn got tired of being spurned, so he made a group that was antithesis to Ventari's teachings in spite while proclaiming "going to roots".

What drove Khilbron to cause the Cataclysm? Abaddon did. Khilbron was made a devout follower of Abaddon via the manipulation of the demon Razakiel, and Abaddon pushed Khilbron into causing the Cataclysm, in full knowledge of what it would do.

It doesn't really help all that much but I was just reading the plaque at ??? in Jahai Bluffs the other day, at the top near the chest. Well, the journal written by Khilbron addressing the king in regards to his motivation for causing the cataclysm.

I was really just there out of boredom and wanted to read the poem again, but anyway.

I was kind of expecting to get something involving the Foefire this Saga but I'm not sure that's going to happen. After we deal with Bangar I feel like there will be less of an opportunity, and I have a feeling we will be dealing with Bangar next episode. Well, next living story episode. I'm not sure what their format is now or if the next episode release will just be a vision, with the next half of a map coming out 2 months after that, but anyway.

@"cptaylor.2670" said:I was kind of expecting to get something involving the Foefire this Saga but I'm not sure that's going to happen. After we deal with Bangar I feel like there will be less of an opportunity, and I have a feeling we will be dealing with Bangar next episode. Well, next living story episode. I'm not sure what their format is now or if the next episode release will just be a vision, with the next half of a map coming out 2 months after that, but anyway.

Foefire is related do Magdaer/Sohotin, the real problem is that Sohotin is starting being overused already in the plot since PoF. what free up balthazar from the mists? Sohotin. kill balthazar? Sohotin. lure Kralkatorik in the mists? reignte balthazar sword with Sohotin. get stuck in the ice in the fight against Drakkar? boost fire magic with Sohotin. The Glint/Aurene saga is by side a Sohotin saga...

Im not really against all this, but Anet inst good at make a plot that connect all the dots in a interesting way, so the players had a feel to walk in a very scatered plot.

@ugrakarma.9416 said:

@"cptaylor.2670" said:I was kind of expecting to get something involving the Foefire this Saga but I'm not sure that's going to happen. After we deal with Bangar I feel like there will be less of an opportunity, and I have a feeling we will be dealing with Bangar next episode. Well, next living story episode. I'm not sure what their format is now or if the next episode release will just be a vision, with the next half of a map coming out 2 months after that, but anyway.

Foefire is related do Magdaer/Sohotin, the real problem is that
Sohotin is starting being overused
already in the plot since PoF. what free up balthazar from the mists?
Sohotin
. kill balthazar?
Sohotin
. lure Kralkatorik in the mists? reignte balthazar sword with
Sohotin
. get stuck in the ice in the fight against Drakkar? boost fire magic with
Sohotin
. The Glint/Aurene saga is by side a Sohotin saga...

Im not really against all this, but Anet inst good at make a plot that connect all the dots in a interesting way, so the players had a feel to walk in a very scatered plot.

Well, it is an iconic sword from all the way back to GW1 Prophecies.

@ugrakarma.9416 said:

Foefire is related do Magdaer/Sohotin, the real problem is that
Sohotin is starting being overused
already in the plot since PoF. what free up balthazar from the mists?
Sohotin
. kill balthazar?
Sohotin
. lure Kralkatorik in the mists? reignte balthazar sword with
Sohotin
. get stuck in the ice in the fight against Drakkar? boost fire magic with
Sohotin
. The Glint/Aurene saga is by side a Sohotin saga...

I mean, it makes sense given it's iconic, available to the location via Rytlock's needed appearance, and has long standing ties as being a gift of gods.

If Magdaer wasn't forgotten about and given to a character present in those plots, you can 100% bet that Magdaer would be sharing that screen time.