Upcoming Balance Notes

Butterfly Kingdom.8349

One dodge on mirage and one pet on soul beast.... I guess only way the balance team will ever listen and implement players input is crying about it on the forum huh?Well, let me do my share of crying then. Please please please~~~ nerf every condition and bunker specs to the same scale.

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:what are you going to do about draconic echo, the trait that increases herald facet passives from 5 targets to 10? you're removing all other 10 target skills from competitive modes so why not this?

They said that they were going to nerf that too, eventually, but not in this patch. Dont ask me were i read it exactly tho.

@Hadi.6025 said:Thank you daddy Anet for forcing me to relearn the entire game after 7 years. Really what veteran players asked for.

Overly dramatic much? Relearning the game because dmg was reduced across the board? Cant oneshot stuff and has to learn actual mechanics now? Lel.

Im playing since release, even in beta, so id call myself a veteran player, and yes, i very much asked for this. And i know many more who did.

@"Hadi.6025" said:Thank you daddy Anet for forcing me to relearn the entire game after 7 years. Really what veteran players asked for.

Honestly.. I don't mind these changes. Though I'm a person that gets bored quite quickly. However, after 5 years of playing I got bored less then I'd think because of the changes and updates. There may be a method to this "madness".

Playing the same way with the same builds, using the same tricks, animations and combos makes me feel really dull just after a week or less.

( I went through the 'content draught' because I was still starting/exploring the game then).

@"crazyhusky.2985" said:First practical update to Dragonhunter in years.One thing you missed, Dragonhunter still needs access to Retaliation within its traitline or traps. As you are expecting us to use it for Power for raids and fractals. However to get the most out of Dragonhunter it requires radiance the traitline, the problem is the only way to get Retaliation without sacrificing DPS is Greatsword's symbol.Maybe you could Retaliation to a trap or a trait like "Heavy light" now that it doesn't really do anything note worthy anymore, it's to make it more viable and so people will use it.Using retal from raidiance traitline is purely your choice and not something Anet ''expects'' you to do, they shouldn't direct the meta only balance it when things are unfair. Using radiance traitline and going for retal from heal skill instead of going full DPS with one handed strength is imo good game design.@Jski.6180 said:I still do not get why ele dagger dmg is getting nerfed so hard when its the highest risk wepon in the game on the highest risk class... this realy maybe it for a lot of ppl.Ele is NOT a high risk class but one of the safest to pick, if you'd go necro dagger, that would be high risk. But ele has enough escapes (espicially with Weaver) to be just fine up close.@"Moradorin.6217" said:I think what is being done looks totally half-baked. I think this looks poorly planned. Fairly random. Im pretty confident that balance is looking like it will be worse than ever.

One of the most obvious examples of poor balance and half-baked planning is Mirage. Mirage is dependent upon dodge for damage on top of the normal damage avoidance, yet "Mirage Cloak: This trait now reduces the mirage's endurance by 50 in competitive modes" This ALONE IS BAD ENOUGH, BUT DID YOU BOTHER TO CONSIDER THAT ONCE MIRAGE HAS ONE DODGE PER FULL BAR THAT MECHANICS LIKE Superior Sigil of Energy WILL GIVE HALF A BAR STILL WHICH IS HALF A KITTEN DODGE. THEREFORE WHILE EVERY OTHER CLASS WILL GAIN ONE OR MORE DODGE ON SWAP FROM THIS SIGIL MIRAGE WILL GAIN 1/2 a DODGE FROM THE SAME KITTEN SIGIL. WHO EVER IS PLANNING THIS BALANCE NEEDS TO RECONSIDER THIS CHANGE BEFORE ITS TOO LATE.

I would say more but I dont want the post to be deleted ;)

Mirage became a Dodge spam class, impossible to hit. And he can still attack while dodging. The fact he doesn't have a Dodge animation should be a ''distracting'' factor and confuse you ,not that he can Dodge forever and still deal damage because he is dodging

@Hadi.6025 said:Thank you daddy Anet for forcing me to relearn the entire game after 7 years. Really what veteran players asked for.

Veteran players if anything have it easiest, we wanted balance to be different and that is what we got.

@Alyster.9470 said:Once again you didnt care about feedback, many MANY people wanted the Obsidian Flesh to be a pvp pve split. Yet you still make it a global change. I dont understand you Anet. What is the reason behind making this change in PvE, it doesnt make sense.

Maybe its because, you shouldn't be able to attack while invunrable? It looks like a legitimate thing to do in PvE as well,

@Dennis.7856 said:Bubble still follows Spellbreaker. Amazing how you still dont listen to your community :)

What? What is the problem with that? Only that way we can cancel the bubble out instead of it being defacto there...Don't remember anyone asking for that change neither is Anet in your debt for doing anything of a sort.

Im reading feedback here and im honestly embarrassed that moat of the feedback comes from a couple of loud people that won't be satisfied no matter what (a few of those people I queted)We asked for Anet to address balance for a long time and we finally got it. How about we take it and continue to provide feed back that is constructive and to the pointAnd not whines and cries about how our favorite class is not exactly what it what before.All your criticism is half baked and I pity the Anet employee that had to read through it wasting their time.Lets all give out favorite game a chance, we all love it that is why we are here on the forums.But the community that once was one of the best is now showing complete disconnect from what it was and people here feel they practically OWN the game.Please next time don't speak out of emotion but out of reason, test things and consider why was something done before running your mouth on it, and be patience it's your best friend.

Ill finish by saying, Thank you Anet for taking our feedback and putting effort into improving the gameI and many others know that this isn't the last patch and more is to come and will try to provide as much good words and criticism so that we will help you to make this game better.O/

@cpts.9182 said:

Mirage became a Dodge spam class, impossible to hit. And he can still attack while dodging. The fact he doesn't have a Dodge animation should be a ''distracting'' factor and confuse you ,not that he can Dodge forever and still deal damage because he is dodging

Your claims have no basis in present reality. Mirage at present has 2 dodges like everyone else and normal endurance regen like everyone else save Nomad's endurance.

Mirage gets Mirage Cloak which changes what happens on dodge to a 3/4 second evade. It Mirage also gets Nomad's endurance for vigor which gives 3 seconds per shatter, but ONLY IF YOU SHATTER but mirage doesn't shatter ideally due to needing clones for ambush.

Therefore, Mirage Cloak is and has been balanced for ages. People are just ignorant and/or bias against what they don't understand and find confusing (L2P)..

WIthout Clones Ambush on dodge adds ZERO DAMAGE.

Mirage cloak keeps you in place when you dodge rather than moving you like normal dodge which means u get stuck in ground target AE, mele range, etc more than normal dodge. The evade window on mirage cloak is the same duration as normal dodge's evade.

Basically everything you said is NOT TRUE. Literallly all 100% L2P QQ just as I said in the other post. Thanks dude for helping me make my point! =)

The only issue I see is that rev hammer is dead, and shortbow sucks.. So we have no ranged options really. (Core still needs a condition damage ranged weapon.) So Id like to see one added so that both power and condi are represented on the base kit~ Which will free you up for whenever and If ever you wish to add an elite spec for the class. We are a melee focused class who is now going to have trouble with CC more ranged options would be nice and could off-set some of the areas we lack. It could be tied trait-wise to invocation.

We also need you to decide on energy costs or cooldowns not both. Utilities should cost energy and have no cooldown and weapon skills should have a cooldown with no cost to energy. This would at least make the flow so much better because huge cooldowns atop of huge energy costs is beyond cumbersome and as I feel un-needed to balance the class in any meaningful way.

@cpts.9182 said:

Ele is NOT a high risk class but one of the safest to pick, if you'd go necro dagger, that would be high risk. But ele has enough escapes (espicially with Weaver) to be just fine up close.

Necro is a high hp class with high barrier and often better in melee ranged atm dagger or not. Ele dagger should do most dmg (not weaver sword as your trying to make it out to be).

@"Jski.6180" said:I still do not get why ele dagger dmg is getting nerfed so hard when its the highest risk wepon in the game on the highest risk class... this realy maybe it for a lot of ppl.

Dagger is nerfed because everything is nerfed. Just consider that with the incoming patch the elementalist will take less damage so it will effectively be less risky for him. As for ele being the "highest risk class", it's arguable. It does have the freedom to build very glassy, but it also have the freedom to built very tanky. The risk is inherently in the build and chosen gameplay not in the class, if the player complain about it's survivability when he got the choice to reduce it's damage for more survivability, the player do not have the right to complain about the class being "risky".

@Dadnir.5038 said:

@"Jski.6180" said:I still do not get why ele dagger dmg is getting nerfed so hard when its the highest risk wepon in the game on the highest risk class... this realy maybe it for a lot of ppl.

Dagger is nerfed because everything is nerfed. Just consider that with the incoming patch the elementalist will take less damage so it will effectively be less risky for him. As for ele being the "highest risk class", it's arguable. It does have the freedom to build very glassy, but it also have the freedom to built very tanky. The risk is inherently in the build and chosen gameplay not in the class, if the player complain about it's survivability when he got the choice to reduce it's damage for more survivability, the player do not have the right to complain about the class being "risky".

But they are not nerfing class hp / def that IS the "risky" i am talking about. You can build def as much as you like on any class and be unbelivly tankly as a class in its own way ele too. The thing is its the other end that has gotten nerfed in this update where if every one dose less dmg every one becomes more tankly so the allready passivly tankly classes will now become even more tankly.

This update needs to come with every class having the same armor and hp in wvw base line. Its that simple.

Added note a suggestion for ele mostly core aimed transmutation needs real love on the class every atument line should come with some type of transmutation effect. Air should give out a 3 target super speed earth should give out a 3 target week stab and water should be an soso 5 target aoe heal. Its as if anet forgot that this effect is in the game out side of just nerfing its dmg.

@Hadi.6025 said:And for the love of God can you remove the Superior War Claw instant finish skill. Why was that ever added to the game that just does not make any sense to the game mode...

Anet, 'you really fell for it lol, we are going to make exceptions to Toxic +1 shot'

'once again, we will continue to promote Toxicity by making exceptions

So be it.....we're ready to uninstall on the 25th

I see many posts stating in some form or other we asked A-net for balance now they did. Remember this patch will not be a balance. this patch is more of a nerf. thus a new starting point to balance from. Regardless of whether it is worded as a complaint, a whine or a question most players real concern is what happens next. A-net has a history of slow response or no response to player concerns. case in point how long have the so called we been asking for balance ?. The dissatisfaction caused by that issue isn't going poof gone forgotten. After patch hits A-net needs to make adjustments quickly as promised and players will need to be patient enough to let them decide what the best correction is before reacting.

@"Navoe.4283" said:I see many posts stating in some form or other we asked A-net for balance now they did. Remember this patch will not be a balance. this patch is more of a nerf. thus a new starting point to balance from. Regardless of whether it is worded as a complaint, a whine or a question most players real concern is what happens next. A-net has a history of slow response or no response to player concerns. case in point how long have the so called we been asking for balance ?. The dissatisfaction caused by that issue isn't going poof gone forgotten. After patch hits A-net needs to make adjustments quickly as promised and players will need to be patient enough to let them decide what the best correction is before reacting.

But if it takes too long for that "real" balance patch to come it will spell doom for the game. They need to have a set time table of when the next update is coming out or this IS a full on balance patch and will be judged as such.