DuoQ is key to carry clownfiestas

Happy Yes.1453

When scourge/fb was still really good, Sindrener said it wasn't that good for duoq-ing because you will only be able to hold 1 node.He was right, they can outrotate you and farm the other 3 players.

Every few games you will inevitably roll into a low rated game that is not carryable as 1 good player, but it is carryable by 2 good players.To win you need to have 2 nodes and duoQ with 2 good players guarantees just that.A 2 good players / 3 very bad players is completely different from a 1 good player / 4 very bad players situation.The solo'qer might be just as good, but gets an instant -30, because you might be able to hold a node but there is no win condition.The problem of duoq is not that it turns bad players into good players. The problem of duoq is that because of the nature of the game this allows you to carry clownfiestas very efficiently.

These good duo'qers say they do it because it "improves match quality". In fact it does the exact opposite. It will be harder for the system to come to sensible matchmaking because these 2 players HAVE to be in the same team. For the community it lowers the overall matchmaking quality, while it only improves "match quality" for the duoQ'ers.

And yet we need to allow duoQ, because else these good players will just stop playing, and overall match quality will drop as a consequence of that.In other words, this pvp community is cucked.

These players want to have fun by queuing together in ranked?Nonsense!Nobody is allowed to have fun here! In ranked, we fight for trivial amounts of gold and little medallions that rarely have real indication as to our actual skill level!Remove the fun! That will fix the gamemode people play for fun trivial amounts of gold and little medallions that rarely have real indication as to our actual skill level, and certainly not cause people to not play what is essentially rng with swiss tournaments coming!

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:nerf teefor apocalypse

Also this pls anet I'm irresponsibly angry that I lost 5 seconds cd on my block button

They just playing game and pvp should be hard with risky odds to how you play.

When we could solo que only before yes more people got where higher rated but the games where bland at best and most poeple where miss ranked because of the higher chance of being carried . And there was lesser of a community because no need to make friends so pvp was 1000 times more toxic.

+1 ?Rather than getting rid of, the best way would be to make it fair for everyone with a split queue. One separate queue for teams, one separate queue for Solos.

Merged DuoQ is the main reason I quit playing Ranked because it trashes the match quality and sense of competition, and it's used to facilitate lots of intricate metagaming that borders on the line between shady and match manipulation. It's just not fun to play into regardless of whether or not it's actually breaking the rules.

When I play Ranked, I just want to play Ranked. I don't want to queue with some other random top 100 player(Because using DuoQ to actually play with friends hardly ever happens and it's almost always used for a straight numbers advantage) then wait until everyone's gone to bed to then snipe a bunch of SoloQ silver, gold, and plat1 players after waiting in queue for 10 minutes each time. I don't know how people even manage that. It is actually so boring.

Or when one of them alts to bring down their team's average rating. People still actually believe it uses the highest rated player's rating, yet nobody can ever seem to find where that was proven to be true. Definitely not in the actual algorithm, because DuoQ isn't even mentioned in there which probably means it treats every player as a separate player when matchmaking. If it doesn't work, you have to wonder why people were still doing it as deep as season 18; when I quit.

Shoutout to the Duos that queue-dodge everytime they almost semi-accurately get mirrored. And the Duos that abuse class-swapping to make sniping certain players easier, and giving them yet another out of game advantage over SoloQ's.

There's too many ways that DuoQ can be used negatively in a mixed Solo/Duo setting. If you want it explained more, better, from someone more believable; then I suggest watching WP's video: "Getting Rank 1 Legend & Leaderboard Worth"

@"Happy Yes.1453" said:

Every few games you will inevitably roll into a low rated game that is not carryable as 1 good player, but it is carryable by 2 good players.To win you need to have 2 nodes and duoQ with 2 good players guarantees just that.A 2 good players / 3 very bad players is completely different from a 1 good player / 4 very bad players situation.The solo'qer might be just as good, but gets an instant -30, because you might be able to hold a node but there is no win condition.The problem of duoq is not that it turns bad players into good players. The problem of duoq is that because of the nature of the game this allows you to carry clownfiestas very efficiently.

As always a Duo player see just what he wants to see.......

You say 2 good palyers (a duo) + 3 bad players in a team make a balanced team....ok, i'm ok with that but what's the fault of the 2 others good solo players in the other team ??? make sense for a duo of good players (with all the advantages voice, coordination......) vs a 2 "nobody" players with...nothing ??? balanced for you Happy No ? sry Happy Yes, and What happen if your duo facing a team of 5 averages players ??? :/

Duo queu players abuse the system to climb even more and more and statistically, there's more (much more) Solo players than Duo's ones.

And yah, if we do as you say and allow everyone to do just Duos, you can say bye bye to the actual pvp (it's a 5 vs 5 game not 4 vs 4 nether 6 vs 6 but 5 vs 5, u'll always need a solo player.....)

And Yes, the actual pvp is a very messy clownfiesta.

It's all an illusion. Doesn't matter, easily proven by the fact that even the tops don't win them all in DuoQ against full pugs, people that know and play well

MM is being MM, accepting it is all that takes.

Sure, don't prevent 2 DuoQ from being paired against a full pug, but the latter is you always have a chance to get bad players and no two players cannot carry unless the other team is already worst so it's not like you had a chance to begin with because all the players are random.

Those complains about Duo never really made sense to me, I followed along for a bit until gathering an objective outlook to realize it's pointless because it's not like that even if you get 4 teams of 2 people with 2 randoms, all those people wouldn't communicate better if at all unless they already know each other very well, that's rare given the hate people have for each other sometimes.

@ButterPeanut.9746 said:Folks need to accept the fact that at this point in time, being able to duo with a friend for fun purposes only trumps literally any reason why solo could possibly be better. We're long past that.

For fun btw.As in; let me DuoQ with this person I don't, and probably never have even talked to. As in; I queued with them because they're a top player like me and I only want them on my team because I can rely on them to help me carry 3 people instead of 4. As in; together we'll probably win upwards of 80% of our games so that's fun for us at least.

It's fun sure, for select people. For the very strong majority of people who just SoloQ, it's definitely less fun playing with an unwanted outside handicap.

To be fun for everyone, there would be a separate SoloQ arena + ladder. When it comes to all the ways SoloQ is more fun; for one, that's entirely subjective in the first place, and they almost all revolve around a lack of boring metagaming cheese and overall closer, quicker, and more skill-based matchmaking, but that's just my opinion.

There is something that I don't understand though.

Everyone is pointing at duoq's and moaning that they are ruining the game, but in reality, good players that try hard duoq's are in p3+, aren't they? Probably get put with people as low as p1 but further down it has to be rare (at least on EU - and outside of prime time).

And my feeling is that people posting here are somewhere in g1/p1 category. So how come it's an issue for them? I can't imagine duoq's in in gold being of such higher value than solo q. Why is this such a big deal for players at this tier?