Unfair level matchmaking?

Damned.7938

Hello, I just started playing GW2 a week ago and I am 17lvl at PvP.I noticed that i get put against really good players at are just so good at jukes and game mechanics.I get really frustrated as I get easily taken down even though my mechanics are getting better.Is it because of my build? I thought everyone used different skills to their preference....I have lost more games than one, which is fair i guess because i jumped into pvp being at level 60 in PvE world.So the PvP system is not newbie friendly?

@Jayden Reese.9542 said:It's as noob friendly as it gets. Whether lvl 3 or 80 green gear or ascended in PvP it doesn't matter as everyone gets the same exact stat options to choose from. Now since you are super new and don't have access to elite specs then those I guess would give advantages but there are some good core specs. Obviously you going to run into PvP players with 7 years exp also. They seem to try and put you vs close range skill players and once you hit 20 and can join ranked and league you get a rating after 10 games and it can get better but still GW2 isn't the fairest as quite a few ways to bypass their system

I do have all the expansions and playing as dragon hunter profession.Also how botting is widespread? How good are they? I think i encountered some. I dont see a point why someone would use a bot in GW2, its not a grinding game anyways. I understand people to use it in Runescape or WoW to get better gear or exp, but in GW2?

At first you should probably start of with a Meta build from metabattle or some experienced player and learn to play your class. Dont try to craft your own build at the start, youll just get more frustrated since your builds probably wont be any good (no offense here youre just new and meta setups are a good starting point). Try to learn and understand why the meta build works and maybe start watching good players that play your class to improve. Secondly yeah the PvP system isnt newbie friendly. Unranked Matches can be highly volatile since many players wont have the same rating they would get in ranked and also ppl will q up more often in premade teams due to the fact that ranked is solo/duoq only and tournaments have a huge downtime. Usually match quality will improve in ranked (my experience, some ppl will deny this). Dont get discouraged though you will eventually get good and improve your play so that pvp gets less frustrating.

the population is low so you often get matched against better players or even 4-5 men stacks, if you play in morning time it's absolutely hell. Once you get to level 20 you should jump into ranked for better match quality, but it's not that much better.

Best way to improve is getting a build om metabattle or godsofpvp, where you can also find streamers you can watch and learn, thats the best way to improve.