How does one play longbow pve without bursting with pets?

doogal.9368

So most topics include wvw/pvp. Looking to get some input on pve.Never really one to research too much or look up meta stuff.

With some of the recent updates since end of the year I find it tougher to have as much fun with LB pve.(I currently rock shortbow+dagger/axe..skirm/WS/SB) #vultureFTW (yes its more power than condi)

I thought with soulbeast LB would be a sure thing. But I'm hard pressed to relinquish my current set up. (its just SO strong and I can survive a LOT)Almost feel like core ranger is better for LB. (sorry but I friggin hate the cooldowns like wolf stance, just irritates me)

Should I just focus on pet swapping with LB to make it work/more fun?

Thanks for your time!

You could go to snowcrows webby. Grab the DPS Power Ranger build. Drop the Dagger and GS and go Axe/Axe with LB. Then run around building might stacks on axe autos, swap to longbow, hit sic em and then melt things - all whilst perma merged with Gazelle.

Its not optimal but will probably blow things up. Is that fun?

As a rule LB isnt good for sustained dps (and actually punishes you for stacking on the group as its dps goes down the closer you are to a target) which is why there are no raid LB builds for ranger. not even sure if Condi Warrior LB is still a thing or not anymore. DH LB certainly isnt. Fine for open world though.

So, I saw you talk in the shortbow thread, but you didn't see the video I posted of LB. Here you go :

It is not sPvE ''viable'', but 30k dps is doing VERY GOOD for normal PvE. My DPS in the wild with Condi build and Power A/A LBow is the same on a mid to long fight, but I burst WAY harder on Power.

With the next balance to come, I feel like Skirmishing will get a little more competitive (10% damage boost), Spotter and all the ferocity from the traits. So I tweaked the meta build to : http://gw2skills.net/editor/?POwAMdflVwuYbMQmJWuX7P5SO3bA-e

If you need a stun break, then just take Dolyak instead of Frost (Which I prefer if I just do Open PvE).If you want to AoE tag more, swap to Jacaranda, use Call Lightning and unmerge to let the pet do its Call Lightning and profit.

@AlexndrTheGreat.8310 said:

@doogal.9368 said:AH SNAP! I just realized. Perhaps a condi LB would make more sense. (I realize the direct 1-5 aren't laying a ton of condi's but i like the idea!)

Whatever you do, make sure it’s not this. The only condi LB can apply as vulnerability. If you’re built for condis, this weapon is literally useless for you.

I second this. Longbow already has enough drawbacks on a power build, where it's meant to be used. Condi longbow would just be terrible.