Best way to get an ascended longbow?

Rickz.6230

@"Randulf.7614" said:If memory serves, all elites have a meta-collection for their related weapon which ends up with an ascended version. Dragon Hunter I believe is the one for the greatbow

I feel like I remember some rare collections also reward an ascended weapon box if completed

You are right:https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ydalir_(achievement)You will need to do some stuff for sure, dont know if this is what the OP would consider easy or best.

if you have a couple hundred gold, some laurels, a crafting booster: you can grind huntsman and craft an ascended weapon in a few hours. since mats are cheap, you won't have to spend much to level to max: just the ascended mats from tp are the expensive part. so like 120g or so at most?

unless you are doing fractals for the agony slots, the dmg difference between an exotic and ascended is so little it's not worth trying to craft one, better let lady luck to drop you one

I'm running exotic berserker gears on all my toons that are not main in berserker; except for 1.5 sets of my ascended gears, the rest are all from drops

I mean, it depends on your definition of easy, as whether that includes "fast", rng, or not. You could open 1000 chests in Dragonfall and select the Scion's longbow. Or buy gems, convert to gold, and buy Kudzu. Or fight Tequatl or Drakkar until you get an ascended weapon chest drop. YMMV on those, of course.

@Terra.9506 said:I think craft it yourself would be easiest consider DH long bow achievement require Mystic Hornbow which possibly cost the same (if not more) to craft bow not even consider time and effort to collect other item.

Even with the Mystic Hornbow it is cheaper since the Hornbow is pretty much the entirety of the cost. The only other thing that has a gold value is the Machined Longbow

To me the Ascended versions of the Elite Specialization weapons are not worth the amount of time and effort spent, especially for an ascended weapon with such limited stat choices.(Unless you specifically want those skins) I think that if you have a decent amount of crafting materials saved up, the cheapest and most straight forward way is leveling up the huntsman craft. And then you'll have the option to craft several other ascended weapon types as well. And you'll be able to choose the appropriate stat while crafting - which can be changed later for a reasonable(IMO) expense.

Leveling up crafting is easiest but takes the time to grind out the crafting levels. I’d recommend this especially if you may want to make a legendary weapon in the future.

Collections can be useful here but won’t get you all the stats you want.

You can also stat swap from any ascended weapon chest but those are very rng to get as a drop. This may be more accessible if you play fractals a lot.

You can also play PvP or WvW and earn enough currency to buy an ascended weapon. But this is easier with crafting to make the items used along with the PvP currency to buy the weapon (essentially you will be able to craft a regular ascended weapon faster than you can play enough pvp to buy a weapon).

re: Ascended equipment can easily change to any stats you want: - Thank you Dayra.7405 for pointing this out. And for kindly linking the relevant information. Your point is well made and helpful. But do we know for certain that this method of stat change will work for the elite specialization ascended weapons?(the wiki does not provide confirmation either way)

@"Elden Arnaas.4870" said:re: Ascended equipment can easily change to any stats you want: - Thank you Dayra.7405 for pointing this out. And for kindly linking the relevant information. Your point is well made and helpful. But do we know for certain that this method of stat change will work for the elite specialization ascended weapons?(the wiki does not provide confirmation either way)

I seem to recall some years ago that I changed the stats on the Necromancer Ascended sword Dark Harvest, to give it berserker stats and it turned into a Zojja's Greatsword.

Also some might be interested in this link to Tanetris' guide to acquiring stuff on the Official Wiki.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/User:Tanetris/So_You_Want_To_Gear_a_Character

@Elden Arnaas.4870 said:re: Ascended equipment can easily change to any stats you want: - Thank you Dayra.7405 for pointing this out. And for kindly linking the relevant information. Your point is well made and helpful. But do we know for certain that this method of stat change will work for the elite specialization ascended weapons?(the wiki does not provide confirmation either way)

Yes, the method used for changing stats does work with the elite specialization weapons. How ever, if you like the skin of the elite weapon you will have to re-apply it after the change.

play 10 hours wvw in zerg and you get an ascended chest.only what to do is change the stats :)

https://gw2crafts.net/huntsman_fast.html = 35 goldhttps://gw2crafts.net/huntsman_400.html = 59 Gold

Maybe the fastest way is to farm Gold and level crafting to max ?!as a veteran player 100 gold is nothing to me.. but for new / poorer players its very huge.

@Tanner Blackfeather.6509 said:

@bluberblasen.9684 said:play 10 hours wvw in zerg and you get an ascended chest.only what to do is change the stats :)

As far as I know there is no guaranteed way to get a specific ascended weapon in such a time frame.

its not :)but i think the chance is very high - i got over 30 chests in the last 12 month as a solo / duo roamer ( low kill count )

HoT elite spec collections are not worth doing. PoF elites is much more reasonable, unfortunately no PoF elites get the longbow.

Might as well raise crafting, since you can craft other weapons too. Mats are very easily farmed, and guides on where to find best clusters and rich nodes. For instance, 160 each of Iron and Platinum per character, within 20 minutes.

@aspirine.6852 said:

@"Randulf.7614" said:If memory serves, all elites have a meta-collection for their related weapon which ends up with an ascended version. Dragon Hunter I believe is the one for the greatbow

I feel like I remember some rare collections also reward an ascended weapon box if completed

You are right:
)You will need to do some stuff for sure, dont know if this is what the OP would consider easy or best.

If memory recalls correct this one was not too difficult to get, if you want a PvE collection option.