New Balance Patch improvements.

SehferViega.8725

@Cal Cohen.2358

Warrior

Hammer

• Staggering Blow: Reduced power coefficient from 1.0 to 0.01
  • Backbreaker: Reduced power coefficient from 1.5 to 0.01
  • Earthshaker: Reduced power coefficient from 1.0 to 0.01

Hammer CC skills should keep their power coefficient, at least they should not be able to critically hit.

Shield

• Shield Bash: Reduced power coefficient from 1.0 to 0.01

Shield Bash is a CC, but it should at least hit for 0,7-1k.

Heal

• To the Limit: Reduced base heal from 9100 to 7735

This reduction is not enough: around 6500 should be better, considering Vigorous Shouts trait.

Guardian

Longbow

• True Shot: Reduced power coefficient from 2.0 to 1.91. Increased cooldown from 6 seconds to 8 seconds

True Shot will still be able to hit for around 9k. Too much, reduce the power coefficient more.

Revenant

Staff

• Surge of the Mists: Reduced power coefficient per strike from 0.18 to 0.001

The actual total power coefficient (3,24) is really too much, but 0,001 is ridiculous considering that is the most important damage skill with Staff.PvP total power coefficient (1,62) will be perfect. You can remove the Knockback, considering that this skill is also an evade, but keep the skill damage.

Thief

Daredevil

• Pulmonary Impact (from Impacting Disruption): Reduced power coefficient from 2.0 to 0.75

This trait damage as just been nerfed time ago, the actual damage is pretty fair considering that PI cannot critically hit. Revert this change.

Necromancer

Reaper Shroud

• Infusing Terror: Reduced stability duration from 6 seconds to 3 seconds
  • Executioner's Scythe: Reduced power coefficients from 2.0/2.6/3.2 to 0.01/0.015/0.02 (Above 50%/Below 50%/Below 25%). Increased stun duration from 1.5 seconds to 2.5 seconds

Infusing Terror: revert this change. Reaper is really easy to interrupt, it needs stability or Reaper will never be able to uso is skills while in Reaper Shroud.Executioner's Scythe: remove the stun that is quite useless but keep the damage (tone down the damage, BUT this skill MUST make damage)!!

Ranger

Rock Gazelle

• Charge: Reduced power coefficient from 1.1 to 0.825

Rock Gazelle's Charge power coefficient need the be toned down more.

Heal

• Troll Unguent: Increased cooldown from 25 seconds to 30 seconds

This Healing skill is OP right now with High power damage. If you tone down the damage, you can't only increase cooldown by 5 seconds: it's nothing!!Reduce Duration from 8 seconds to 6 seconds will be fine.

@"SehferViega.8725" said:Executioner's Scythe: remove the stun that is quite useless but keep the damage (tone down the damage, BUT this skill MUST make damage)!!To quote myself:

Removing the stun and keeping the damage is a very bad idea and I don't think any competent player would vote for such a change.

Reasons: Reaper shroud deals enough damage on the auto attack and skill4. A hard cc is much better than a further damage attack on a high cast time so that you end up with the same damage like just doing 2 autoattacks in the same time you would cast and hit with executioner scythe, which can be dodged easily. It would make no sense at all to even use the skill outside of pve for the ice field. Addionally hard cc skills will become very important in the game since stability is nerfed and the damage is lowered. You will need cc skills to set up bursts esp. against mobile specs.

A few weeks ago when anet nerfed rampage and stated that they plan to remove the damage on all hard cc skills, I already said in the rampage trait that the name "executioner scythe" will be good for a laugh when it deals like 50 damage (0.01 mulitplier) and they should just rename it to "chilling scythe".

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/97754/i-heard-from-a-streamer-executioner-strike-might-get-buffed-thoughts

There are so many changes we won't be able to figure out what is truly OP until we test it out. No doubt some skills will be nerfed to uselessness while others become absurdly powerful, probably some on your list. However best to go through live testing before we tweak it any more.

My hope is they are ready to act quickly on under/over performing skills and traits. Unfortunately they don't have a good track record in that regard.

Yes, I'm a ranger....and soulbeast is already losing half of it's core mechanic (an entire pet) and the issues you listed are being nerfed already on top of that...I know there is a lot of ranger hate in wvw, but come on....just come on.... the treatments you have related are across the board for all the professions.... the pet for ranger and the endurance bar for mirage are quite specific. Obviously I'm biased, but I feel we and (the mez's) got more than most professions for the coming nerfs....the nerf hammer has an increased coefficient of 4.0 for ranger. There's no hiding, I want good things for my profession, but I think I can guess the professions you tend to favor as well, and I can definitely tell at least one profession you don't... All the heal skills I can recall were reduced by either cutting some heal off the top or extending the cd timer. By doing either, the avg health per sec is reduced, so why should this be ever more so for ranger? Plus, the healing you might be thinking of was also nerfed (rugged growth).... :s

@"Kilrik.6320" said:Yes, I'm a ranger....and soulbeast is already losing half of it's core mechanic (an entire pet) and the issues you listed are being nerfed already on top of that...I know there is a lot of ranger hate in wvw, but come on....just come on.... the treatments you have related are across the board for all the professions.... the pet for ranger and the endurance bar for mirage are quite specific. Obviously I'm biased, but I feel we and (the mez's) got more than most professions for the coming nerfs....the nerf hammer has an increased coefficient of 4.0 for ranger. There's no hiding, I want good things for my profession, but I think I can guess the professions you tend to favor as well, and I can definitely tell at least one profession you don't... All the heal skills I can recall were reduced by either cutting some heal off the top or extending the cd timer. By doing either, the avg health per sec is reduced, so why should this be ever more so for ranger? Plus, the healing you might be thinking of was also nerfed (rugged growth).... :s

Soulbeast's mechanic is merging, which it retains. It just doesn't retain the advantage of having two pets worth of merges in combat, much like Ele's and Engi's get "more" from their mechanic and lose weapon swap in combat.

Soulbeast has managed to remain mostly untouched sitting with a killer tool kit at its disposal through all of PoF up until now. Mesmer class as a whole has suffered cumulative nerfs across the board and is now culminating with another big blow to endurance. Comparing their treatments as similar isn't really a fair assessment.

It just so happens that Soulbeast is finally getting a trade off and a tug down out of the clouds to reality all at the same time.

Damage per second is effectively being lowered parallel to heal per second also being lowered. Noone really knows what this will look like in practice on the field of battle, but what we've been promised is rapid responses to bring things to sensible levels from this new baseline.

@"Tinnel.4369" said:

Well, I was responding to the original poster concerning his/her want of additional nerfs to the already nerfed skills for ranger in the upcoming patch, but I will respond to your entry as well then.

Soulbeast's mechanic is merging, which it retains. It just doesn't retain the advantage of having two pets worth of merges in combat, much like Ele's and Engi's get "more" from their mechanic and lose weapon swap in combat.

Soulbeast's mechanic is to merge with the pet. There is no argument there. Earlier, I might have phrased that poorly, but when I said core mechanic I meant petswap and the original ranger f skills. Petswap is the ranger's F4, it is part of the original mechanic set up to alternate between pets for ranger. F1 tell the flawed ai to attack. F2 is to use a pet specific ability (sometimes useful). F3, F3, F3, F3 is to actually get the pet to come back to player. You inferred that the merge was the "get more," which I'll concede when it comes to soulbeast. The soulbeast f skills are actually useful. In reference to Ele and Engi not having a secondary weapon, they never had one until the out of combat switch they just received. Nothing then was lost from the original mechanic for either profession. Let's take Holo, it has access to the regular core f1-f4 and has the f5 for an elite kit. It has lost nothing really unless you want to say they lost their normal weapon/s for holo kit. Ele merely gains the ability to make additional combinations of weapon attacks for weaver, they don't lose one of the elements as a trade-off. Soulbeast merged loses the additional ai pet attacking which is a percent of the damage the developer's attributed to ranger.

Apples and Oranges you might say, but with the patch, everyone gets a smaller apple or orange and ranger's orange has a few sections missing from what they had. We had 2 pets since PoF, if soulbeast had one pet from the beginning then I suppose it's as the old adage goes, "you don't know what you got...till it's gone" or maybe it's a line from a hair band song of the 80's. Either way I ramble on....wait that's definitely zeppelin.

Soulbeast has managed to remain mostly untouched sitting with a killer tool kit at its disposal through all of PoF up until now. Mesmer class as a whole has suffered cumulative nerfs across the board and is now culminating with another big blow to endurance. Comparing their treatments as similar isn't really a fair assessment.

I included mes, specifically mirage, because they are losing something in addition to the across the board nerfs of damage, healing and cooldown increases. I did not say ranger's situation is worse. Chrono was blasted apart and put together in a lesser way....but for semantics, druid was made nearly inept as well. Ranger and soulbeast saw quite significant nerfs along the way to where we are today as did mirage, but both are still decent roamers imo and according to metabattle (as of 2/22) at least.

It just so happens that Soulbeast is finally getting a trade offwe've always had oneand a tug down out of the clouds to reality all at the same time.

Schadenfreude- one of my favorite German words that might work here

Damage per second is effectively being lowered parallel to heal per second also being lowered. Noone really knows what this will look like in practice on the field of battle, but what we've been promised is rapid responses to bring things to sensible levels from this new baseline.^ Completely agree

@"KrHome.1920" said:

Removing the stun and keeping the damage is a very bad idea and I don't think any competent player would vote for such a change.

Reasons: Reaper shroud deals enough damage on the auto attack and skill4. A hard cc is much better than a further damage attack on a high cast time so that you end up with the same damage like just doing 2 autoattacks in the same time you would cast and hit with executioner scythe, which can be dodged easily. It would make no sense at all to even use the skill outside of pve for the ice field. Addionally hard cc skills will become very important in the game since stability is nerfed and the damage is lowered. You will need cc skills to set up bursts esp. against mobile specs.

Executioner's Scythe is a skill made to oneshot low life enemy.

I really don't like the 2,5 seconds stun with zero damage (considering the 1,25 second cast time) cause it will lead to only two situations:-your target has stability, a breakstun or an endure pain skill: you will gain nothing from a skill that needs 1,25 second casting time and it is really easy to dodge or to be interrupted.-you succed to stun your target for 2,5 seconds: now Reaper has enough damage to kill every class in 2,5 seconds "of no counterplay". Reduce the damage by 30-40% won't change it that much.

I don't like the idea of Stun=easy win, 2,5 second is too much.A 7-8k damage skill that inflicts chill it would be better IHMO, or of you want to split the effects:

• 1,5 seconds stun + 2 seconds chill + ice field above 30% target life
  • 7-9k damage + 2 seconds chill + ice field below 30% target life.