Hard to land hard CC skills probably don't need a .01 coefficient

Crab Fear.1624

@otto.5684 said:

@"ellesee.8297" said:Make holo ult great again. Imagine getting hit by a gigantic laser beam for 17 damage :'(1200 unblockable cc hitting everything on its way and leaving dps field (ofc I know about heat)? Well deserved I'd say

Or remove the CC and not make unblockable?They could but as you see they are alrdy whining "thats not an elite skill!". Even after this change it goes to 40s cd and still would be better than most of elites.When they reduce CD on 180s cd elites to have a hope to be used? :Residnetsleeper:

Kinda agree.While I dont think hard CCs should do a lot of dmg, it comes down to proportions in the end.

Like, is it really fair for Point Blank Shot (Ranger LB#4) to be as rewarding as lets say Banish (Guardian Hammer#4)?Where the first one has 1.2k ranger and 0.5s cast time.While the latter has 130 range (so basically a tenth) and 1.0s cast time (basically double).

@Zenix.6198 said:Kinda agree.While I dont think hard CCs should do a lot of dmg, it comes down to proportions in the end.

Like, is it really fair for Point Blank Shot (Ranger LB#4) to be as rewarding as lets say Banish (Guardian Hammer#4)?Where the first one has 1.2k ranger and 0.5s cast time.While the latter has 130 range (so basically a tenth) and 1.0s cast time (basically double).

Banish launches. It's the strongest CC effect this game has, while PBS only knocks back. Apples to oranges my friend.

@Crab Fear.1624 said:But, what are hard to land hard cc skills?

@Chaith.8256 said:My opinion on CC skills that are deserving of keeping their damage coefficients, straight up, no nerfs at all, any nerfs are completely unacceptable:

• Backbreaker, Skull Crack, Headbutt, Banish, Wild Blow, Personal Battering Ram, Static Shock (A.E.D Toolbelt), Rocket Turret, Gale Strike.

There's a second list of CC skills that should be only nerfed by 33% damage coefficient nerf like everything else. However, many of these skills were reduced in cooldown or improved in other ways to account for the damage getting completely removed - those improvements would possibly have to be reverted too for fairness.

• Staggering Blow, Earthshaker, Rifle Butt, Kick, Binding Blade, Bane Signet, Dragon's Maw, Drop the Hammer, Temporal Rift, Jade Winds, Chaotic Release, Path of Scars, Hook Strike, Palm Strike, Holographic Shockwave, Big Ol' Bomb, Blast Gyro, Supply Crate, Prime Light Beam, Gravity Well, Executioner's Scythe, Flesh Golem Charge, Chilled To The Bone, Earthquake, Tornado, Tailored Victory.

And of course, the remainder of the CC Skills I'm perfectly fine with them losing their damage based on their current state, or future buffs like Throw Mine:

• Shield Bash, Bulls Charge, Heated Rebuke, Daring Challenge, Blazing Edge, Ranger Pet CC, Point Blank Shot, Overcharged Shot, Throw Mine (buffed to remove 3 boons), and many many others that were already easy to land/didn't do much damage to begin with.

Edit:

• I would say the first list share a common criteria: SUPER Hard to land and probably should be buffed instead of nerfed.
  • Second list criteria: Either point-blank range, VERY well telegraphed, Elite Skill, or damage is by far the main feature.
  • Third list criteria: super easy to land, hardly telegraphed or no telegraph, does other things well besides CC.

very good, mostly agree.

@Bazsi.2734 said:

@Zenix.6198 said:Kinda agree.While I dont think hard CCs should do a lot of dmg, it comes down to proportions in the end.

Banish launches. It's the strongest CC effect this game has, while PBS only knocks back. Apples to oranges my friend.

He has a point though. Anet is the one comparing apples to oranges here by saying all cc does no damage for this iteration.

If you get hit by PBS you should probably not be punished all that hard, because of how easy it is to land.If you get hit by Banish, you absolutely deserve to take a chunk of damage for that, launch or not. slow hits that have large cds and short ranges unassisted should hit you for a lot, or at the very least apply a secondary effect that lets you follow up with more damage.

Trust be told, most "hard to land" CC weren't used for obvious reasons. As for the "easy to land" they mostly were used in rotation or burst set up. Thus, I'd tend to not be overly concerned about them not dealing damage. (Even for warrior's hammer it's not really significative whether the CC skills does damage or not, in the end most of the damage dealt with this weapon come from the auto. ANet deciding to restrict it a bit more won't change much.)