Any Ele pvp CONDI buil with scepter? Why is it not played?

Wayne.6253

Anyone has never tried a build scepter/focus or dagger, focussed on condition damage? I see that, with balance patch, scepter fire spells are almost leave untached, for example spell 1 hasn't been nerfed. Couldn't it make a good pressure on target?So after balance patch and relative nerfes, couldn't it a viable option?

Thanks

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PGgEsEWmAbiRxaYl4IvY22B-z5YXGRmAZWAOMA

Try this. Stupid amounts of blind.

1v1 pop glyph of elemental power while overloading air for a free 25 vulnerability stacks and follow up with Phoenix.

Overload often. Rarely need to overload fire. Team fights pop sandstorm for pulsing blind on the entire nose. Follow up with an earth overload.

3 magnetic auras in this build so range should be a problem.

You could swap aftershock with anything it's not needed.

Glyph elite is probably better since water elemental heal is absurdly strong. It can also be used vs thieves as a meat shield

Scepter is okay on Tempest with Warhorn, I wouldn't use it otherwise though. Its not that the weapon is particularly bad its just that the skills that you combine it with for off-hand Dagger or Focus don't synergise that well, they do much better with D/D or D/F.

Combining ranged with non-ranged is just awkward. Warhorn skills are mostly ranged however.

I find it the most powerful to run Fire/Earth builds because you can stack lots of Might with Fire and then switch to Earth and keep your enemies blinded constantly with no chance at retaliation while you dump bleeds on them, with tons of extra armor, 40% Protection, and on-demand reflect. If you learn how to play it properly its very dangerous because it tanks like a rock (no pun intended) at the same time.

Aftershock Shout and Signet of Earth also immobilises which is useful for landing your skills. Glyph of Storms for extra Blind+Bleed stacking.

I'm not sure how useful it'd be on Weaver, probably just.. not.

Sword is far better for condi realty weaver is better at most things ele can do atm out side of healing (you can even get weaver to set up good heals if you want to all though its a waist of time). Weaver is the close thing to power creep you can call for the ele class but only because they nerfed the core ele and tempest to the ground at this point.

I really hate scepter most times:

• fire auto is really slow but is one target burning , so if you don't run tempest you have to deal with this auto , earth which is projectile, or the air one which is a channel
  • scepter 2 is usually slow except on air: dragon's tooth, shatterstone, hurl (rock barrier) ... absolutely horrible to hit players with the fire/water ones
  • Phoenix (scepter 3) has pathing problems
  • redundancy on blinds from air/earth 3 , where both are worse than staff Lightning Surge on 10 cooldown
  • scepter condition damage only on fire+earth attunements (burn/bleed) unless traiting Burning Precision . Primordial stance and Glyph of elemental power both require fire/earth attunement , so unless you waste a utility on Signet of Fire you are relying on overload on tempest or offhand.

You're better off with sword on weaver, dagger on tempest. It was like that even in the early state of the game, staff or dagger+dagger cele eles.

Don't forget in competitive modes, "Burning Precision: Reduced bonus burning duration from 20% to 15%. Reduced burning duration from 3 seconds to 1 second"

I play a core elementalist with scepter focused in condition damage, specially burn, I call him the Pyromancer.Sinister armor with bathazar/baelfire runes to increase burn. Its amazing how burn stacks grow and the enemies die quickly.I also tried it in Wvw but with the variant of adding thoughness to the condition and works well against peple who go full berseker, they have no time to clean so much burn.

Sceptre is extremely bad at applying focused Condi pressure because it applies Condis in what I like to call trickles and these trickles can be easily offset by any sort of innate self regen if the build has access to them.

That's like, literally all the reason not to use this as a main weapon for a Condi Ele.

Dagger/Focus or Dagger/Dagger are better for Condi builds because yu can apply better Condi pressure with say, Fire 2 and Fire 3, Earth Auto attack (which can be used while running and hit targets behind yu) and a good Churning Earth will catch people unawares with a 10 stack bleeding which hurts alot.