Why does so much of the armour look so bad?

@Jables.4659 said:

In some circumstances digging up a thread from 2018 might make sense, but why quote a specific post that old?

its a conversation worth continuing because the problem is getting worse.

Also, What's it to you?

Because the person you replied to may not even visit the forums anymore - they've posted twice since last April. Necroing the thread in order to reply to them doesn't really make sense.

@Jables.4659 said:

Because the person you replied to may not even visit the forums anymore - they've posted twice since last April. Necroing the thread in order to reply to them doesn't really make sense.

Are they the only ones capable of seeing the reply?

No - but if you're not trying to bring something to a poster's attention, it's not advisable to use the quote tool. Particularly when 18 months have passed, and changes in the meanwhile may have altered their views.

Armour skins most likely are made looking nice for one human body type and then stretched for all other body types.This probably even includes non-human cultural armours.The only set not being fitted for humans (I can think of) is Rytlock's Mistwarden armour, since the part where to tail goes is visible on the buttcape for all races, making it look like having a butt.

As for the actual quality of armours, I think Arenanet purposely make them lower in quality to make people more likely to spend gems on Outfits.

• 1 year later...

I prefer GW1 skins, they look so much better...

Almost everyone in GW2 use the same armour skin set, they only difference is the colour. Not many people might notice, but if you pay attention to it you will see.

To cover up the flaws of in their looks, people use bright colours, legendary effects and stack coloured infusions. Turning themselfs into a black shade, bright purple or white walking lamp..

That is because almost all armour pieces do not match up with different armour sets.

Outfits are too static, it looks better than most regular skins, but for some reason there is always something missing in the outfit to make it your own. 

you pay 700-1000 gems for an outfit and the only thing you can change is the colour, so that you can transform into a walking lamp.

Edited by Bakabaka.6185
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 6

Wouldn't "mixed up in a different combination" inherently mean that they are not the same? Does it really matter what other people look like? Just put together the armor, colors, and (if desired, guessing not) infusions that you like.

Sure, in a perfect GW2 world, you would buy outfits and get all the parts, but that isn't the reality we are stuck with.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, DeanBB.4268 said:

Wouldn't "mixed up in a different combination" inherently mean that they are not the same? Does it really matter what other people look like? Just put together the armor, colors, and (if desired, guessing not) infusions that you like.

Sure, in a perfect GW2 world, you would buy outfits and get all the parts, but that isn't the reality we are stuck with.

How much do I have to pay to switch realities?

Running around doing hearts I check out the merchandise and if it's skin is locked I buy it to unlock it.  I pick up all the recipes I can then learn and craft them.  As a result my wardrobe is quite large and I can dress for many occasions.

I have never and will never buy a gem store outfit.  Wearing one of those would have me start to feel as a clone.

Edited by Follyfoot.2803
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Bakabaka.6185 said:

if you look around not just yourself, you will see many people using the same certain sets, but just mixed up in a different combination.

That's right.  If you break down the best looking armour, if that's your thing, your looking a 2 max of each type.  These armours do tend to get hammered.  Although you can mix things up and get around 10 of each type that are cool or pretty to look at.  Unfortunately there is a lot of jumble sale stuff only good for wiping your bum.

Edited by Follyfoot.2803
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

One of the things I like about this game is how different everyone looks - you tend to see a lot of them same backpacks or legendary weapons, but often the outfits/armour are different, and definitely the dyes are (and I love how many different dyes there are). Just glancing around I think that most players look good, occasionally you get a giant eyesore running around looking for attention that makes me wish you could turn effects off for other players, but it's kinda rare.

I think there are a lot of armour pieces that you can't use unless you're going for a very specific look, but there's a lot of great looking skins, and definitely enough different skins for everyone to find something they like.

It's funny that people bring up GW1 armour being better when more than half the people you see are in black dyed FoW armour, GW2 definitely has more diversity.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Christmas trees are bad enough, but when that Christmas tree is 10 foot tall and 6 feet wide that blocks your screen.  It's bad man.

Can you imagine a boss fight with 5 or more of the above Christmas trees attending. Waaaaaaa!

Edited by Follyfoot.2803

8 hours ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

This necro posting is getting out of hand. 

At least forum necromancers took the time to use the forums search option to see if a topic has been discussed already instead of opening a new thread that brings nothing new to the discussion.
I rather have zombie-threads than the same repetitive threads each week acting like it was something new.

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, Lottie.5370 said:

One of the things I like about this game is how different everyone looks - you tend to see a lot of them same backpacks or legendary weapons, but often the outfits/armour are different, and definitely the dyes are (and I love how many different dyes there are). Just glancing around I think that most players look good, occasionally you get a giant eyesore running around looking for attention that makes me wish you could turn effects off for other players, but it's kinda rare.

I think there are a lot of armour pieces that you can't use unless you're going for a very specific look, but there's a lot of great looking skins, and definitely enough different skins for everyone to find something they like.

It's funny that people bring up GW1 armour being better when more than half the people you see are in black dyed FoW armour, GW2 definitely has more diversity.

Yea..out of my 12 armor sets on the characters i use most only 1 has two sets that look the same and its for roleplay reasons(one has flaming hands, the other regular gloves). All those sets are on Charr too.

Gw1 had nice looking armors, but everyone pretty much always wore whatever elite armor they had.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, lokh.2695 said:

At least forum necromancers took the time to use the forums search option to see if a topic has been discussed already instead of opening a new thread that brings nothing new to the discussion.
I rather have zombie-threads than the same repetitive threads each week acting like it was something new.

I rather have a new topic instead of bringing old threads back from the dead. 

They are dead for a reason. 

It's lazy and in most cases the necro poster doesn't even add anything new or relevant. 

Also, this thread is from 2018. Like come on now. 

I understand that necro posting is what anet wants ( for some reason) but holy moly some people take it a bit to far. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

I rather have a new topic instead of bringing old threads back from the dead. 

They are dead for a reason. 

It's lazy and in most cases the necro poster doesn't even add anything new or relevant. 

Also, this thread is from 2018. Like come on now. 

I understand that necro posting is what anet wants ( for some reason) but holy moly some people take it a bit to far. 

Well, the best solution would be if people used the search function, saw that the topic has already been discused ad nauseam, aknowledged that their "new, hot take" on the subject is not new at all and then don't post because everything has been said. But that's not how forums on ze interweb work.
Neither necro'ing nor repeat-posting brings anything new to most discusions, it's usually lazy and irrelevant. So none of the options are satisfying.

Edited by lokh.2695
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1