Core Necro Post Patch Will Have Broken Sustain - Told You

Trevor Boyer.6524

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@"James.1065" said:This is music to my ears, the sweet sounds of tears from all those players that had thier untouchable professions in battle, mesmers, warriors, scrapper, FB's playing EZ mode classes using necros that were kept naked of all blocks, evades, invunerbility and mobility because "It had a 2nd life bar" as thier easy kill ego booster.

Well the wheel of fortunes have turned my friends, necros are not your free kill anymore - get used to karma in the form of core necro! Stop being a bunch of hypocritical cry babies now that the shoe is on the other foot!

As necro main I'm not so happy.Yes, I live longer but there are high chances necro's sustain will be nerfed.I'll trade all this life force generation for 2 stacks of stability with 30s CD.Now you are even more a punching bag that just last a bit longer but you have even less windows to fight back.Good players with adopted builds can shut you down almost as fast as pre patch.

That is my first impression.

People are still playing test/trashy builds, it's too early to say. From the 8 duo ranked matches I played on patch day (2v2) I noticed the following. Pre-patch Core necro build remains pretty much the same except that today you'll take Carrions instead of Deadshot and Eternal Life which for me is now a must, instead of Carrion you can try Sages and roleplay a tank healer'ish build, but FB and Ele do a better job so I really doubt that's the path meta necro is gonna take. Since we lost FitG now we're forced to stay in Shroud for longer and take all the CC's while in shroud and save your Stunbreak for later, Spectral walk is still a must for me. So all in all, it feels more sustainy yes because of the damage reduction across the board, but at the same time is more vulnerable to CC chains. Will need to play more games and wait until the leadderboard normalizes for more balanced matches, at least in the current 2v2 season scenario.

@Shao.7236 said:I've fought tanky necro's, they're pretty good against conditions but if you're berserker with a lot of burst potential and don't blow it while you have weakness, they are possible to down.

This.

I haven't had any problems killing necros day 1 on thief and war.

Alternatively I can now slot berserker on my core necro and kill mesmers wheeze

Give it 2, 3 weeks while people get their footing.

@apharma.3741 said:

@Multicolorhipster.9751 said:Well, here we are post-patch.

Trev: 1Everyone else: 0

Still haven't seen any bunker necros, maybe someone should teach these guys the ancient secret art of killing necros:

Chain CC and kill.

Maybe you have been doing unranked or just placements. I got 20 wins and 5 losses soloQ atm (not playing nec) and I ve seen correct build how to play it a lot and it is just unkillable. Then I do some unranked and I see bad necro builds everywhere. You need to run blood and death magic, the vampiric healing signet and spectral walk.

@Happy Yes.1453 said:

Still haven't seen any bunker necros, maybe someone should teach these guys the ancient secret art of killing necros:

Chain CC and kill.

Maybe you have been doing unranked or just placements. I got 20 wins and 5 losses soloQ atm (not playing nec) and I ve seen correct build how to play it a lot and it is just unkillable. Then I do some unranked and I see bad necro builds everywhere. You need to run blood and death magic, the vampiric healing signet and spectral walk.marauder or zerk: core warr, reaper, ranger, deadeye, dragonhunter ... just to name a few ... shut that build down in a 1v1. In a team fight every duo shuts it down (can't even be healed in shroud).

And just to remember the fact that a blood, dm, sr core necro has in fact the lowest possible damage output in the match. You can ignore all attacks he has (if you are kind enough to not perma stun him) and just punch him.

Spectral walk has a 50s cooldown and even tells you where he will port to. What else do you need?

@KrHome.1920 said:

Chain CC and kill.

Maybe you have been doing unranked or just placements. I got 20 wins and 5 losses soloQ atm (not playing nec) and I ve seen correct build how to play it a lot and it is just unkillable. Then I do some unranked and I see bad necro builds everywhere. You need to run blood and death magic, the vampiric healing signet and spectral walk.marauder or zerk: core warr, reaper, ranger, deadeye, dragonhunter ... just to name a few ... shut that build down in a 1v1. In a team fight every duo shuts it down (can't even be healed in shroud).

And just to remember the fact that a blood, dm, sr core necro has in fact the lowest possible damage output in the match. You can ignore all attacks he has (if you are kind enough to not perma stun him) and just punch him.

Spectral walk has a 50s cooldown and even tells you where he will port to. What else do you need?

that build runs around with 3,5k toughtness. perma protection. on top of that it generates lifeforce like crazy.as a power build to actually kill it in 1v1 you would have to deal AT LEAST 150k dmg.I had meta spb deal about 3,5-4k dmg with entire 100blades channel.

How does any of that get even near you. Just spam fear and corrupt stab. It will have every condi in the game before they even hit you. Take signet of undead ez shroud and res teamm8. You have enough time to cycle through shroud and spectral walk. Knowing where the nec can port to means nothing if u have no port...

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

Chain CC and kill.

that build runs around with 3,5k toughtness. perma protection. on top of that it generates lifeforce like crazy.as a power build to actually kill it in 1v1 you would have to deal AT LEAST 150k dmg.I had meta spb deal about 3,5-4k dmg with entire 100blades channel.3.5k toughness is exaggerated. It needs to build up carapace and if a necro can build up 25+ carapace against you in a 1v1 you are doing it wrong. Meta spellbreaker hits like a wet noodle. You fought an attrition build with an attrition build. No wonder your fight took forever.

@KrHome.1920 said:

@"Multicolorhipster.9751" said:Well, here we are post-patch.

Chain CC and kill.

that build runs around with 3,5k toughtness. perma protection. on top of that it generates lifeforce like crazy.as a power build to actually kill it in 1v1 you would have to deal AT LEAST 150k dmg.I had meta spb deal about 3,5-4k dmg with entire 100blades channel.3.5k toughness is exaggerated. It needs to build up carapace and if a necro can build up 25+ carapace against you in a 1v1 you are doing it wrong. Meta spellbreaker hits like a wet noodle. You fought an attrition build with an attrition build. No wonder your fight took forever.

3.5k tough is no exaggeration.

This is easily achieved with the 2x vuln procs off axe 1, the axe 3 AoE cripple and boon converts into condis "this is a huge contributor to maximum carapace charges", the entire staff kit, and everything else the necromancer does that is constantly applying small condis and/or converting boons into condis. The maximum carapace charges are actually ridiculously easy to achieve.

When you wear a Paladin Amulet with maximum Carapace that grants pulsing protection buff and have inordinate amounts of life force regeneration, yeah, gg power build damage output.

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

Chain CC and kill.

Can you break this one down? 3500-600 from carapace is 2900. -500 from paladins leaves you at 2400. Where are you getting the last ~500 armour from?

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

Chain CC and kill.

This is easily achieved with the 2x vuln procs off axe 1, the axe 3 AoE cripple and boon converts into condis "this is a huge contributor to maximum carapace charges", the entire staff kit, and everything else the necromancer does that is constantly applying small condis and/or converting boons into condis. The maximum carapace charges are actually ridiculously easy to achieve.

When you wear a Paladin Amulet with maximum Carapace that grants pulsing protection buff and have inordinate amounts of life force regeneration, yeah, gg power build damage output.I won't further comment arguments regarding core since I think everything is said and the real problem is that players are refusing to adapt. Former meta builds do have way too much sustain and not enough pressure for 1v1s after this patch resulting in stalled encounters. I am experiencing this in wvw roaming to an even larger extent.

Let me just say one thing: you posted a oneshot video of soulbeast a few months ago. I suggest you do a core necro farming video with a similar build (maul and worldy impact and all that stuff are still crazy esp against a target that has to facetank all that shit).

@Sigmoid.7082 said:

Chain CC and kill.

Can you break this one down? 3500-600 from carapace is 2900. -500 from paladins leaves you at 2400. Where are you getting the last ~500 armour from?

I have 3013 toughtness with NO carapace.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

Chain CC and kill.

Thats not really a breakdown..but I can only assume WvW because outside of Cavalier's and Knight's this level of toughness is impossible in PvP.

@Sigmoid.7082 said:

Chain CC and kill.

Thats not really a breakdown..but I can only assume WvW because outside of Cavalier's and Knight's this level of toughness is impossible in PvP.

https://imgur.com/gallery/ul71nlpadd to it 20+ carapace and here you go

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

Chain CC and kill.

add to it 20+ carapace and here you goNVM figured it out

@Sigmoid.7082 said:

Chain CC and kill.

add to it 20+ carapace and here you go3013 is a weird number...

rabid amulet + undeath rune.alot of toughtness.7% of all that goes into condi.... and carapace gives 400-600 extra... good synergybut tbh its not just core necro, I keep having figts where both me and my teammate have 700-800k dmg each and its like 2-3 kills. what the fuck man.