Take a look at pets please.

Math.5123

Ice shard stab

Also, my power is actually 2735, i took this photo as revealed expired but it was +120 from revealed, and it is actually only 2735 normally.

I don't know if its because of the normalize of weapons to the mid point only, but the damage with my stats here is at 2k and if that crits with executioner and all of the other deadly arts and my sigils it can do over ~10k

Is that what you mean?

rWToh1y.jpg

@"Crab Fear.1624" said:Ice shard stab

I don't know if its because of the normalize of weapons to the mid point only, but the damage with my stats here is at 2k and if that crits with executioner and all of the other deadly arts and my sigils it can do over 12k

Is that what you mean?

rWToh1y.jpg

Yes, there's no way that's intended. (I hope)

@"AngelLovesFredrik.6741" said:

@"Crab Fear.1624" said:Ice shard stab

I don't know if its because of the normalize of weapons to the mid point only, but the damage with my stats here is at 2k and if that crits with executioner and all of the other deadly arts and my sigils it can do over 12k

Is that what you mean?

rWToh1y.jpg

Yes, there's no way that's intended. (I hope)

probably not, i dont remember it doing over 4-5k with the same set up

here is basically no stack no vuln no thing but below 50%

AClqOOO.jpg

Generally speaking, there have been complains in these forums for years about how useless pets are, not really because of their raw damage, but because of how easy it is to kite them and get their AI stuck when using terrain to your advantage.

I say, ANet probably is gathering numbers, and will be able to tell if pets are that over performing.

Giving high damage to compensate for poor AI is probably not the optimal solution, but it's probably the easiest way to go? >_>

If you're gonna boast big damage numbers you need to state exactly how it happened.

If I go full glass (beastmaster, marksmanship) to buff my pets damage. Throw on 15 stacks of vuln, buff my tiger or my bird F2 for +115% damage. I'm still not hitting these numbers.

If I cant hit these numbers in the mists, how am I supposed to hit them in game?

If someone isn't dodging 25 might stacked, 25 vuln, sic em, attack of opportunity, remorseless tiger F2. They deserve this much damage.

@Eurantien.4632 said:If you're gonna boast big damage numbers you need to state exactly how it happened.

If I go full glass (beastmaster, marksmanship) to buff my pets damage. Throw on 15 stacks of vuln, buff my tiger or my bird F2 for +115% damage. I'm still not hitting these numbers.

If I cant hit these numbers in the mists, how am I supposed to hit them in game?

If someone isn't dodging 25 might stacked, 25 vuln, sic em, attack of opportunity, remorseless tiger F2. They deserve this much damage.

Have you forgotten that CC and immobilize exists? If you want to leave these stupid damage numbers, then fine. When you get locked down by Weaver, I'll gladly spam my 9k vaults because you should have just dodged them.

@Eurantien.4632 said:If you're gonna boast big damage numbers you need to state exactly how it happened.

Maul, sic'em f2 petswap f2 for the bird one. And just maul sic'em f2 for tiger. No might, no vulnerability

@"AngelLovesFredrik.6741" said:

Maul, sic'em f2 petswap f2 for the bird one. And just maul sic'em f2 for tiger. No might, no vulnerability

Was your target in downed state or not wearing armor (ie naked)? These numbers still seem too high. As in, my numbers aren't this high when I do this. I'll correct this if I'm wrong when I try again later.

Also running sic em on core ranger has never been viable, would be surprised if it was now.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ice_Shard_StabFeast your eyes on this lads, the damage of ice shard stab is not a bug but a buff, albeit one stemming from systematic changes i would guess.

Anet did a buff pass on all of the core (also meaning daredevil) pve stolen skills, now it just so happens that ice shard stab is also a pve stolen skill as well as the ele stolen skill, so it got buffed to have a 2.0 power scaling coefficient up from a 1.0.

Yeah, when I saw this thread, I immediately went to replicate the numbers on Tiger, and I actually wasn't able to do it, even with a gimmick build designed to do so, that would completely suck in an actual match.

So I don't know if someone is trolling for nerf propaganda or what, maybe these screenshots were taken pre-patch a long time ago or while a couple of people were standing there buffing the Ranger pet or something, but I have to agree that if a person is being hit with 12k+ Pounce, they deserve it.

I did about 10k damage against light armor with Owl using NM / MM / BM with Bountiful Hunter together with Maul and Sickem, I find it hard to believe that the damage was done without boons or vulnerabilities, but then my owl died in 2 Aoe making changes to this won't change Rangers' life, this Build would be unusable in any case.

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:I have to agree that if a person is being hit with 12k+ Pounce, they deserve it.

Pounce has a coefficient of 4.168 (woah), Tiger has 1524 power baseline. Assuming pvp greatsword uses exotic weapon strength, the midpoint is 1047.5.Pack Alpha gives pet 150 (1674 in total) power and 150 ferocity while Pet's Prowess gives it 300 ferocity (woah). This ferocity totals out at 180% more damage.Assuming 0 might,

A tiger with Attack of Opportunity uses Pounce on a light armor 0 toughness target for ((1047.5 4.168 1674)/1920) 1.8 1.5 = 10278 damage.If you are over 90% health, your pet deal 10% more damage from Loud Whistle so the damage is 10278 * 1.1 = 11306.This isn't aligning stars, you just need to be running beastmastery and do maul + pounce (excluding maul damage).

Assuming it hits light armor target with 500 toughness: 8154 damage (8970 while ranger is over 90% health).

I didn't take any might or other damage modifiers in account.

Pet coefficients should be lowered by like 50% AT LEAST, considering most of the pet attacks are like Chilling Slash (2.75 per attack x 2) or Tail Swipe (3.75).