How Arenanet killed their own game.

Menzo.2185

He doesn't know what he's talking about for at lease these two statements, first he's looks at the numbers for Headbutt in PvE, well, he'd need to check them in WvW and sPvP before talking about the damage in those modes. Second, when someone doesn't even know that 50% increase of 6 damage = 9 and not the 12 he was mentioning(that would be 100% increase).

Man. totally agree. the company stuff up since their LS5 hype announcement. now they just getting worst and worst. they are killing the game totally. plus look at the new warclaw skin? i am not gona spend 200g and time for the reward track on that. a fat unscale leopard. or 2000 gem for that wolf -bear or that short ugly unicorn. also look at that warlord armor. why all these years the armor design never ever improve. just get a new fashion or outfit designer for your team. the armor look ugly, even gw1's armor look so much better.

You've missed the entire point of this just being the new baseline. The CC skills and the 300 second traits will be changed/reworked in the future.

Also nice video where only the own hyperbolic standpoint is allowed and everything else gets denied as "blind white knighting" totally not going against having any type of conversation, just pure buttmad that their own class got kicked in the ass.

This just in:Some players disagree with balance changes and are vocal about it assuming everyone agrees with them.

This comes as a surprise since it has never happened before and leaves developers stumped. /s

On a more serious note, the patch and changes did exactly what they were set out to do. TTK is up, strain on servers is down in WvW, the meta is being shaken up. These changes are going no where.

@zityz.6089 said:Yes, skills got changed and buffed/nerfed or reworked. They've been doing it since GW1.

Skills change, get reworked. New metas are formed. Every time this happens, people call for the death of the game. Nothing new to see here.

isnt not the right time to keep pushing players away? i mean, since hype what they have done right for the players?

@"Blocki.4931" said:You've missed the entire point of this just being the new baseline. The CC skills and the 300 second traits will be changed/reworked in the future.

Also nice video where only the own hyperbolic standpoint is allowed and everything else gets denied as "blind white knighting" totally not going against having any type of conversation, just pure buttmad that their own class got kicked in the kitten.

I cant tell how many ppl i had to tell this already. Ppl are crying so hard before reading up on information given to them.

Edit: just took a look at this crybaby and his name says it all.

"Edgemaster". Yikes.

Personally I don't have an issue with CC skills loosing damage, I just hope that what they loose in damage they makeup for in CC bar damage, specially for solo players.

Those 300 CD on some traits though is horrible, sure they'll rebalance it over time but 5 whole mins for anything to come of CD in this game is severe overkill imo.Hell a lot of us don't even bother with elite skills that have 120 sec CD or more just because the usefulness of said skills is usually nowhere near as punishing as the CD is.

I can't even remember the last time I saw a Necromancer running Lich form.. Rangers running Spirit of Nature, Ele's running Tornado or Thieves using Thieves Guild.Battle Standard and Time Warp are about the only high CD elites I really see being used often.. but they are extremely useful compared to the 4 above mentioned elitesThe occasional Ele Greatsword pops up sometimes too but nowhere near as often as it used to.

If you're going to force people to wait a decent amount of time before they can use these skills and traits again then the skills and traits need to be extremely good to warrant the wait, personally I don't feel that most of them do but that's just my opinion.

@"Menzo.2185" said:I agree with all said in the video. This game needs a really GOOD BRAINSTORM.Remove all dmg from the CC skills WITHOUT ANALIZE what this will impact into the classes it's *stupid. Make the skills of all classes make sense again.

"6 damage +50%, I'm hitting for 12 damage now!" -I wouldn't treat this person as a reliable source of information btw. :lol:

Actually skipped a bit here, because oof, already clear not worth watching as a whole. I was just curious if he'll show something to push that "nobody can kill anybody" aaaaaand we got something.

Did he say "just look how we fight bro" and right after that literally just ran to the enemy and used 100blades? :astonished: I think that gives me an idea why he doesn't like the patch where he has a harder time literally just oneshotting someone and feel good about himself winning ""a fight"". Also no food.

"The pets made it so I have to figure out everybody's... thing again!" -wat."I've got to figure out everybody's playstyle because they've changed so many things" -and yet here you are trying to make judgements while literally saying you don't know what's happening. Solid logic.

"nobody can kill anybody!"*engages core engie and dies*"you can see right there he's so weak and bad!"

Another solid point from him:"I can stun him forever but I deal no damage" -well it's almost like that's one of the goals of this patch :O Good job figuring it out.

Typical youtuber wannabe, not sure why you're linking this crap here, but k.

• Confused 1

@JUN YANG.4328 said:

@zityz.6089 said:Yes, skills got changed and buffed/nerfed or reworked. They've been doing it since GW1.

Skills change, get reworked. New metas are formed. Every time this happens, people call for the death of the game. Nothing new to see here.

isnt not the right time to keep pushing players away? i mean, since hype what they have done right for the players?

This entire balance patch was a huge step in the right direction and most WvW and PVP players I'm talking to are happy with it. They want more obviously but most people don't seem to be complaining about this patch. In fact, this video only had 2 likes. Not exactly a raving review. There are more people disagreeing with it in the thread than agreeing with it.

@Vayne.8563 said:

This entire balance patch was a huge step in the right direction and most WvW and PVP players I'm talking to are happy with it. They want more obviously but most people don't seem to be complaining about this patch. In fact, this video only had 2 likes. Not exactly a raving review. There are more people disagreeing with it in the thread than agreeing with it.

I am not sure if this will be the right direction. only anet will know about it.but the only thing i knew is. players who had satisfaction in pvp and wvw, they defiantly wont happy about the new patch. and for pve players or those randomly play wvw / pvp. (like me) i dont think they will play more often because of this. ( i wont)

the patch not only nerf wvw/ pvp, and also effect pve as well. is making everyone suffer? is it not pushing player away?

@JUN YANG.4328 said:

I am not sure if this will be the right direction. only anet will know about it.but the only thing i knew is. players who had satisfaction in pvp and wvw, they defiantly wont happy about the new patch. and for pve players or those randomly play wvw / pvp. (like me) i dont think they will play more often because of this. ( i wont)

the patch not only nerf wvw/ pvp, and also effect pve as well. is making everyone suffer? is it not pushing player away?

I'm not a huge PvP or WvW, but I have done both. I'm level 95 or 96 in PvP and have the legendary backpiece and I am somewhere in the level 900s in WvW. I've done both quite a bit but stopped due to the stupidity of the builds doing too much damage. I STOPPED PvP because of how it was. I STOPPED WvW because of what it was becoming. This change gives me a bit of hope. You can't please every player but the PvP population has been very small so obviously what they had wasn't working. My money is on the idea that these changes will be better for both PvP and WvW long term and they guys who liked the existing cheeze build types, if they can't adapt they'll leave. I'm not sure that will make PvP worse than it's been.

Its all depends on the speed of there next update it if takes 3 + months this game will be going on its way out as they did too many big ideal updates with out any fine tuning. If its a month or less we should be ok. Making all hard cc do the same near 0 dmg with out thinking about the cd and cast time of such hard cc is not good balancing and very harmfully to the player base.

counter argument; hadi can't get vaanss to below 90% hp before that patch (timer 4:53)

Game needs even more nerfs. No point in listening to the bads.

quote of the thread, can end it there

@"TakeCare.3182" said:TL;DW: "Why can't my skill stun someone for an hour and do half their health at the same time???"