Suggestions for 2020

@Super Hayes.6890 said:An expansion with Cantha, a new race, a new profession and a new weapon type that is marketed well would be a gold mine for this game.

Then, what would you do after this suggested content is consumed within 2-4 months? Isn't that about the time limit from HoT and PoF when players started to complain here about being bored because they had burned through the content?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@kharmin.7683 said:

@Super Hayes.6890 said:An expansion with Cantha, a new race, a new profession and a new weapon type that is marketed well would be a gold mine for this game.

Then, what would you do after this suggested content is consumed within 2-4 months? Isn't that about the time limit from HoT and PoF when players started to complain here about being bored because they had burned through the content?

Fair enough. A gold mine for 2-4 months. I am curious to see what this upcoming replayable content looks like in episodes 3 and 4. Maybe an expansion including that type of content (if successful) will keep an expansion from fizzling out so fast. I am a firm believer that a balance between living world and expansions is the way to go. They just haven't struck that balance yet.

Regarding suggestions...how about:

• Time-gated stuff?Like 6 raids, fractals or strike missions that cycles every two months with rare items or currencies that can only be obtained as a drop, bought with the exclusive time-gated currency or achievement completion of that instance. Kinda like seasons and they can also sell a season pass but what you bought is what you get not some rng stuff like lootboxes. I'm not encouraging it but it might help ArenaNet in providing more content. Maybe kinda like Path of Exile's leagues.

• Revamping Old Meta EventsDon't you guys have that one old meta event that you enjoyed not because of it's reward but its progression but sadly no one's playing it because Silverwastes is life? Need more rewards than it being a daily Amalgamated Gemstone. Replayability is needed.

• Player HousingI know that there are the guild halls but IMO player houses provides more freedom in letting players express themselves through decorating, also inviting other players and having fun. Might also provide a new crafting discipline and you know $.

• Revamping Main CitiesCan we have a larger plaza in Divinity's Reach and other cities where we can admire fashion more and have that spacious feel but with everything we need in reach and is available for everybody. Personally I'm tired at this small space in Dwayna's District Promenade. This is just me being nitpicky because the zoning of spaces, services and necessities felt all around the place.

@"Chyanne Waters.8719" said:if you get a chance to get Guildwars all the games and the expansion eye of the north. Give Factions a try first of course there is Prophecies and Nightfall to. In GW2 they are in the game already, Nightfall is basically POF where Prophecies is everything else with some eye of the north areas included too.

I have tried myself the original Guildwars all the "Guildwars veterans" seem to like so much and …. it is in the same "lore-universum" but other than that it is a totally different game, quite old and outdated, and it was not fun to play for me.

• 3 weeks later...

@kharmin.7683 said:

Then, what would you do after this suggested content is consumed within 2-4 months?

Players zerging through new content and then whining they have nothing to do is GW2 meta.