Greatsword and Domination Updates

Saeryn.6312

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really think the update is everything EXCEPT effective and efficient. Now gs trait... doesn't reduce gs cooldowns? Why's that?And why the trait that increases damage on gs phantasm is on the same tier as the trait that increases the damage on phantasms? They do basically the same thing and the devs place them in the same tier so they compete against each other? IDK, guys. The game wasn't exactly good before, but right now is boredom.Burst once, then autoattack for 10 seconds. Wait and repeat. Gs4 lost all cleaving capabilities and got a radical CD increase (as if it wasn't easy enough to dodge anyway), gs2 is meh at the very best.

The only thing I like is the increased cooldown on mass invisibility. That was much needed.

@Terrorhuz.4695 said:I really think the update is everything EXCEPT effective and efficient. Now gs trait... doesn't reduce gs cooldowns? Why's that?And why the trait that increases damage on gs phantasm is on the same tier as the trait that increases the damage on phantasms? They do basically the same thing and the devs place them in the same tier so they compete against each other? IDK, guys. The game wasn't exactly good before, but right now is boredom.Burst once, then autoattack for 10 seconds. Wait and repeat. Gs4 lost all cleaving capabilities and got a radical CD increase (as if it wasn't easy enough to dodge anyway), gs2 is meh at the very best.

The only thing I like is the increased cooldown on mass invisibility. That was much needed.

Big yikes then.I really hoped Mesmer would get a decent GS build for more serious/harder PvE content.Sounds like GS won't be seeing improvements for Dungeons and Fractals then :(

Domination new GM trait, Vicious Expression, adds 25% damage to mobs with no boons in PvE. In all likely hood, Domination now is damage power king for all Mesmer in power builds in PvE. Meta build surely will be dueling/domination/chrono.

As for GS being end game PvE viable, dunno, it does not seem like it. Not that it was realistically expected to compete in end game.. It does better damage overall now.

@"Blur.3465" said:I do hope that Greatsword Mesmer in general becomes more used in higher tier content (PvE).So far the only good Greatsword build that we had was the farming one.

Power chrono do use GS in raid, though I haven't got time to test it out the new dps. I wasn't expecting Vicious Expression to do 25% more damage to boonless foes in PvE but my God that would really compensated slight loss in losing empowered illusion and give way more damage now.

This is how it was played before the patch, overall flow shouldn't be impacted by the patch

25% is way too broken for a trait where enemies rarely have boons in PVE, and even adds more boonstrip on cc.

From what I’m hearing, and using quick math, numbers are going to go crazy following this patch:

• DT domi pchrono (gs): 43-45k
  • DT domi pchrono (focus): 41-43k
  • IA domi pchrono: 33-35k
  • pCore mes: 32-33k
  • pMirage: ~27k

Meanwhile:

• DT illu pchrono: 34.4k
  • IA/IR illu pchrono: 27-28k

IMO, ~10% would’ve been much more appropriate. Now that Domi is so bloated, it’s questionable why Illu has weaker illusions in comparison even though it’s supposedly meant to focus on illusions.

@Noodle Ant.1605 said:25% is way too broken for a trait where enemies rarely have boons in PVE, and even adds more boonstrip on cc.

From what I’m hearing, and using quick math, numbers are going to go crazy following this patch:

Meanwhile:

IMO, ~10% would’ve been much more appropriate. Now that Domi is so bloated, it’s questionable why Illu has weaker illusions in comparison even though it’s supposedly meant to focus on illusions.

did you take into account that1 GS4 loses boomerang on sword ( 1 less hit )2 GS4 loses 33% dmg per berserker instead of 25%3 GS2 loses 15% dmg per bounce ( this didnt exist )25% dmg straight up is too much, it should propably be lowered to 15%, same as pvp.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@Noodle Ant.1605 said:25% is way too broken for a trait where enemies rarely have boons in PVE, and even adds more boonstrip on cc.

Meanwhile:

IMO, ~10% would’ve been much more appropriate. Now that Domi is so bloated, it’s questionable why Illu has weaker illusions in comparison even though it’s supposedly meant to
focus on illusions

did you take into account that1 GS4 loses boomerang on sword ( 1 less hit )2 GS4 loses 33% dmg per berserker instead of 25%3 GS2 loses 15% dmg per bounce ( this didnt exist )25% dmg straight up is too much, it should propably be lowered to 15%, same as pvp.

From what I hear (ppl posting this in discord and stuff):

• DT domi pchrono (gs): someone has already reached 43k
  • DT domi pchrono (focus): someone has already reached 41k

From what I quickly math'ed:

• pMirage: ~27kwhere IA did not synergise well with GS, and GS is a much weaker choice without Chronophantasma. Hence these builds use(d) focus (and were not subject to GS nerfs).

@Leonidrex.5649 said:did you take into account that1 GS4 loses boomerang on sword ( 1 less hit )2 GS4 loses 33% dmg per berserker instead of 25%3 GS2 loses 15% dmg per bounce ( this didnt exist )25% dmg straight up is too much, it should propably be lowered to 15%, same as pvp.

The boomerang does <500 dps in the overall rotation, mirror blade does around 3k dps in the old 37k.But yeah keep in mind the new GS trait also means you lose out on 10% empowered illusion in adept major.Take that into account with the 8% loss in iberserker, 15% damage buff would probably bring it back to the original number

@"Noodle Ant.1605" said:

• pMirage: ~27kwhere IA did not synergise well with GS, and GS is a much weaker choice without Chronophantasma. Hence these builds use(d) focus (and were not subject to GS nerfs).

New benchmark, played pretty much the same

@NICENIKESHOE.7128 said:

where IA did not synergise well with GS, and GS is a much weaker choice without Chronophantasma. Hence these builds use(d) focus
    (and were not subject to GS nerfs).

New benchmark, played pretty much the same

Might just be me, or the numbers for GS seem a bit off. I can see that the vid uses bountiful blades over empowered illusions which may or may not be optimal, and apparently the old rotation(?) (you might need to look this up). Alternatively, it could be all those ppl claiming that there is a 42.5k bench somewhere (but with non-existent proof :lol:).

I'd try testing this myself, but afaik I'm incapable of doing benchmarks thanks to avg 300 ping, and I'm currently far more interested in examining what is left behind in the rise of DT - pchrono in no-slow (non-raiding) conditions and core mes with its more frequent and shorter bursts (and technically power mirage, which is currently best played exactly like a weakened version of core anyway).

@Yoci.2481 said:They forgot to remove the stun from the new Bountiful Blades. ^ . ^

If there's one thing that is going to be hotfixed it's that one. You can count on it.

Played a little mesmer, phantasmal berserker dealing 2k max with all the offensive traitlines it's hilarious.Oneshot? Just light armor if you got lucky.So, sustain is trash, sustain damage was always trash, and now burst in just a nail above trash. GJ ANerf. Now all monkeys can play the game without minding mesmers.

@Lincolnbeard.1735 said:

@Yoci.2481 said:They forgot to remove the stun from the new Bountiful Blades. ^ . ^

If there's one thing that is going to be hotfixed it's that one. You can count on it.

Played a little mesmer, phantasmal berserker dealing 2k max with all the offensive traitlines it's hilarious.Oneshot? Just light armor if you got lucky.So, sustain is trash, sustain damage was always trash, and now burst in just a nail above trash. GJ ANerf. Now all monkeys can play the game without minding mesmers.

I fought power mirage on my necro.gs4+gs2+gs3+ambush with clones+f1, ALMOST took 40% of my shroud.I could legit win without using dodges at all, just run through like moron into every single ability and I would not die, even when I tried with all my might I could not drop under 50% no mater how fucking terrible I played. Too bad that after he used 1 dodge he got CC chained for 4s and had to run leaving his teammate 2v1 xd.

From the informal testing I did last night using a Domination-Illusions-Chrono build in open world, it seems like the damage is less concentrated in the Phantasmal Berserkers than before, and more spread over the entire build, particularly Mirror Blades. The play style is still the same, just how things perform across the build is a little different. I wonder if Duelling vs. Illusions in the build would make any difference.

Meanwhile:

It is PvE.

Look I'm sorry some Mesmer killed you in PvP but you need to get over it, trying to seek revenge isn't healthy.

Vicious Expression: Reduced the damage bonus from 25% to 15% in PvE only.

Yep, the only thing making up for our serious DPS issues with this patch had to be nerfed immediately. A functional class wasn't important enough for a massive patch in development for a long time, but taking back our one compensation demanded a hotfix.

@Ceit.1869 said:

Vicious Expression: Reduced the damage bonus from 25% to 15% in PvE only.

Yep, the only thing making up for our serious DPS issues with this patch had to be nerfed immediately. A functional class wasn't important enough for a massive patch in development for a long time, but taking back our one compensation demanded a hotfix.

Looks like the people throwing a tantrum got their way... again.

@"Levetty.1279" said:Looks like the people throwing a tantrum got their way... again.

It works so well for the haters, no wonder they stick with it. As far as build diversity for PvE goes they seem to have decided we should be required to use run speed runes or go chrono with the loss of most of our Cripple sources. I'm sort of scared to pop into HoT areas, but limiting cripple to an ability that requires you stand still to use it is pretty painful. It's like they're in mourning for pre-nerf pocket raptors and feel like someone has to suffer old-school.

With the whole non-functional glass cannon thing they're going for someone with better skills than I needs to do a video of us getting roflstomped to the tune of Crystal Method's "Broken Glass".