What's the deal with "Protect Me!"

LughLongArm.5460

"Protect me" now gives almost 4k barrier.

This change is not documented in the patch notes, the barrier does not scale with healing power(As other barrier skills), it has some issues with merged Soul beast" and over all feels strange and out of place. Why buff one of the best utilities we already have? Why give 4k barrier on 30 sec CD(untraited) skill when you wish to reduce healing?

I would love for it to stay as is(as it is extremely powerful), but it just feels very strange.

What do you think?

It is a no documented change. They removed the Taunt from the skill and gives barrier.It is bugged for the moment thou, if you are in beast mode you don't get to enjoy the barrier application.

I think the change is ok, although i would also give some buff (short quickness / superspeed) to the pet as well and right now the skill lost the synergy it had.

I've come back to the game recently and was wondering why the hell I was immortal and obliterating every class I went up against despite me not even remembering what the skills I had equipped did. Then I realized rangers now have barrier. B)

PM and SoS + Druidic Clarity = Fluffy hopping straight into the dang middle of the whatever I can find.

I should probably try to remember what the heck soulbeast is.