Make Power Herald Playable Again

ArthurDent.9538

Its too much, the damage nerfs + how weak battle scars are compared to focused siphoning + Surge of the mists killing + stunbreak nerfs + super hard pushing condi tank meta the well beloved classic build is figuratively unplayable right now. Every other high ranked rev I've talked to considers it completely dead and for obvious reasons.

@Justine.6351 said:Nah it needs more Nerfs. Auto attacks still deal damage, would probably be the next best target. Increase the cost and cooldowns of the other weapon skills that do damage as well. Nuke it from orbit, it's the only way to be sure. Oh and nerf lavafont again.

But buff Sword of Justice plz, I'm not melting the enemy Heralds fast enough; don't know why I should have to use two casts to bring them down, y'know?

The big problem is battle scars deals 90% less damage/healing in PvP for some reason, making it so you would have to use every single trait in devestation just to gain the same functionality that focused siphoning used to have by itself.

Whether this is a bug or intended, who knows. But it's definitely underpowered. I've found that rev builds that flat out don't use devastation are often the better choice.

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

@Justine.6351 said:Nah it needs more Nerfs. Auto attacks still deal damage, would probably be the next best target. Increase the cost and cooldowns of the other weapon skills that do damage as well. Nuke it from orbit, it's the only way to be sure. Oh and nerf lavafont again.

But buff Sword of Justice plz, I'm not melting the enemy Heralds fast enough; don't know why I should have to use two casts to bring them down, y'know?

Wait what? There are actually people still playing herald? Oh...condi?

Same can be said for every Power build that isn't Stealth.Condi builds do not need to build Precision or Ferocity, so they utilize alot of Trailblazers and Dire gear, causing them to be harder to kill by Power builds.

After the patch, Power builds being unable to kill Condi builds fast enough, combined with sustain nerf, tipped the balanced into the favour of Condi.

They need to nerf Condi first, then we can see if Power builds are functional again.

As of now, Ranged power builds still have some sort of safety from the condi cancerspam, but provided the player is skilled in dodging Condi spam.Melee is just suicide because Condi builds just shrug off the damage and laugh as they apply tons of conditions.

Even in WvW it's very easy to feel how much power herald has been gutted. It's not like it's impossible to play the class, especially if you're experienced, but you truly do feel the nerfs heavily in smallscale.

A combination of surge nerf/battle scars being trash/stunbreak nerfs in the extreme in addition to the standard damage nerfs have hit the class harder than any other.

I can legitimately see power herald getting countered quite hard by anything that has CC, boonstrip, or can kite you properly/deal good damage at range. There's a heck of a lot of matchups that went from herald's favor to the other class' favor, and I don't think it'll prove to have enough damage as a PvP roamer either.

Overall a pretty sad patch for power herald, seeing the class go from objectively overpowered to pretty trash in one day is pretty nuts. It definitely needed to be hit harder than some other classes, but it turns out that a nerf on literally every skill whether it be cooldown increase, damage reduction, or a straight up functionality deletion, in addition to underpowered "reworks" of the two meta trait lines, including the best stunbreak trait in the game being deleted and replaced with garbage, is crippling.

Hopefully they'll iterate on these changes as promised.

@Justine.6351 said:Wait what? There are actually people still playing herald? Oh...condi?

Some people don't read patch notes, as evidenced by so many in game questions about why the Warclaw feels like it moves slower now.

Corruption/Jalis Rene seems popular now, for obvious reasons. Well all those who winged on about 'pirate ship' finally have their melee murderball back, just a condi version this time around.

@"ventusthunder.5067" said:Even in WvW it's very easy to feel how much power herald has been gutted. It's not like it's impossible to play the class, especially if you're experienced, but you truly do feel the nerfs heavily in smallscale.

A combination of surge nerf/battle scars being trash/stunbreak nerfs in the extreme in addition to the standard damage nerfs have hit the class harder than any other.

I can legitimately see power herald getting countered quite hard by anything that has CC, boonstrip, or can kite you properly/deal good damage at range. There's a heck of a lot of matchups that went from herald's favor to the other class' favor, and I don't think it'll prove to have enough damage as a PvP roamer either.

Overall a pretty sad patch for power herald, seeing the class go from objectively overpowered to pretty trash in one day is pretty nuts. It definitely needed to be hit harder than some other classes, but it turns out that a nerf on literally every skill whether it be cooldown increase, damage reduction, or a straight up functionality deletion, in addition to underpowered "reworks" of the two meta trait lines, including the best stunbreak trait in the game being deleted and replaced with garbage, is crippling.

rofl yeah i was surprised you were logged in the other day. I got skull fucked by some mediocre spellbreaker cause no stunbreaks and even his nefed healing signet out sustained my trash canned hammer damage. I am too embarrassed to show anyone fights from that 30 min of play.

@Justine.6351 said:

@"ventusthunder.5067" said:Even in WvW it's very easy to feel how much power herald has been gutted. It's not like it's impossible to play the class, especially if you're experienced, but you truly do feel the nerfs heavily in smallscale.

rofl yeah i was surprised you were logged in the other day. I got skull kitten by some mediocre spellbreaker cause no stunbreaks and even his nefed healing signet out sustained my trash canned hammer damage. I am too embarrassed to show anyone fights from that 30 min of play.

Yeah I just came back from a 6 month break to see how things were. Most of the fights/duels were fine, tbh, but that's simply because a grand majority of players aren't very good. I also fought a spellbreaker, unfortunately it was Vaans, lmao. I did pretty much everything I could on herald but still went like 2-3 because of his insane kiting and the fact that I eat a single CC without a stunbreak up and I'm going to get chunked from 100 to 25. I feel like with the right skill gap herald can still deal with spellbreaker, but against anyone actually good, it's going to be a tough time. I can't imagine how hard it was for you on hammer, that's completely useless now.

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

@Justine.6351 said:Wait what? There are actually people still playing herald? Oh...condi?

Some people don't read patch notes, as evidenced by so many in game questions about why the Warclaw feels like it moves slower now.

Corruption/Jalis Rene seems popular now, for obvious reasons. Well all those who winged on about 'pirate ship' finally have their melee murderball back, just a condi version this time around.

I’ve been running this for awhile since way before the patch. It’s a very sturdy build and can even face tank the Zerg.

@Lonewolf Kai.3682 said:

I’ve been running this for awhile since way before the patch. It’s a very sturdy build and can even face tank the Zerg.

I find it so slow though. So used to Herald with perm swiftness, feelsbad.

Decided to give my ol' reliable core Inv/Ret/Dev power build a spin for the first time post-patch. I run pretty similar gear/sigils to the meta Herald build, except speed runes instead. Staff 5 feels like garbage, y'all were not wrong. Oof. New sword 2 feels good. I like it much better than I thought honestly. Was running the immob clear trait and stab on stunbreak trait, but otherwise made no changes to my pre-patch build.In general I actually felt the build was still quite good. As expected, having both Charged Mists and Ancient Echo made the nerfs much less severe. Speed runes I feel are what brought the build together and they feel even better than they did before since it allows me to kite for more energy in Shiro. Easier to punish than before, but still hard to punish in general. Other classes were easier to punish with my Jade Winds spam due to less frequent stunbreaks, and I agree with @Julius Seizure.4985 that Brutality feels even stronger than pre-patch.I haven't seriously run power Herald since Charged Mists so I know I would get obliterated if I tried because of how much more pronounced its weaknesses are now.

@otto.5684 said:This is not power herald exclusive issue, by any means. There are currently no good power builds in sPvP.

Prot holo and Mender weaver are viable due to the absurd number of cleanses they both have. Rangers still work, but a lot of that is because pets hit harder than most power builds ¯_(ツ)_/¯.

Seen a good few thieves and Chronos running around as well..