Mirage utilities...

Bast.7253

With the recent castration of the core mechanic of mirage, is there a chance the utilities can be looked at and reworked to compensate? For as long as mirage has been "dominating" in pvp, the go to utilities for the spec have mostly been core utilities. The only one I ever see being used, outside of jaunt and maybe healing oasis, is Illusionary Ambush. Jaunt has already been nerfed multiple times, both with its range and charges I believe?

We have a shadowstep that has to be casted, and I can't find any reason to use this ability in any game mode.

We have an aoe that summons one mirror and adds does pretty much nothing outside of adding a stack of confusion. (Isn't even an ethereal combat field that could at least be comboed with axe 2's whirl finisher, assuming it hasn't been removed for being overpowered by now.)

We have an evade that summons a mirror, and this is one ability that might be fine as it is, as it least still has some use and can make the playstyle slightly more interesting.

So, I get that the first and third abilities I mentioned were themed similarly to a thief, with the shadowstep and roll back abilities, but they just aren't worth taking and really haven't been in pvp for as long as the spec has been alive. What can be done to make these utilities good enough that mirage is worth considering again despite having its core mechanic gutted?

If the problem is clone ambushes and infinite horizon spamming loads of conditions along with evading, is there a way to rework shatters on mirage so that they're actually built into the general theme of mirage? Say one shatter summons 3 clones, another shatter causes them to ambush?

People complained relentlessly about mirage evade spamming, yet we're left after the patch with firebrands spamming aegis, cc, power and condi damage, and condi thieves that can 100-0 you with one well timed shadow step and still evade spam.

@"cptaylor.2670" said:With the recent castration of the core mechanic of mirage, is there a chance the utilities can be looked at and reworked to compensate? For as long as mirage has been "dominating" in pvp, the go to utilities for the spec have mostly been core utilities. The only one I ever see being used, outside of jaunt and maybe healing oasis, is Illusionary Ambush. Jaunt has already been nerfed multiple times, both with its range and charges I believe?

We have a shadowstep that has to be casted, and I can't find any reason to use this ability in any game mode.

We have an aoe that summons one mirror and adds does pretty much nothing outside of adding a stack of confusion. (Isn't even an ethereal combat field that could at least be comboed with axe 2's whirl finisher, assuming it hasn't been removed for being overpowered by now.)

We have an evade that summons a mirror, and this is one ability that might be fine as it is, as it least still has some use and can make the playstyle slightly more interesting.

So, I get that the first and third abilities I mentioned were themed similarly to a thief, with the shadowstep and roll back abilities, but they just aren't worth taking and really haven't been in pvp for as long as the spec has been alive. What can be done to make these utilities good enough that mirage is worth considering again despite having its core mechanic gutted?

If the problem is clone ambushes and infinite horizon spamming loads of conditions along with evading, is there a way to rework shatters on mirage so that they're actually built into the general theme of mirage? Say one shatter summons 3 clones, another shatter causes them to ambush?

People complained relentlessly about mirage evade spamming, yet we're left after the patch with firebrands spamming aegis, cc, power and condi damage, and condi thieves that can 100-0 you with one well timed shadow step and still evade spam.

Compensate? Mirage is dead, chrono is dead. Core is underpowered/dead. Mesmer is Dead. It has no valid endgame unless you think raids count which I dont.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:Most mesmer mains are here just to sulk, we dont have no hope left fam xd

Well, more like Mesmer's specialization now is be a key-illusionist here instead of playing the game. That say a lot when is more rewarding write here than play with the destroyed Chronomancer/Mirage or our original now mediocre Mesmer, the only one that still works depending where you use it and how.