Signet of the Hunt

democarplus.5179

Ok by now I just went mental about this because I tweeted anet about this then submitted a bug report and now I'm posting of the forums and, I know it shouldn't really be a big deal but I believe that to benefit the game Arena Net should include Signet of the Hunt on the "unblockable skills" changes, because it still has a 6 second duration with a technical "endless" amount of attacks that are unblockable, I love the skill and way too few people use it but it should be balanced accordingly to the rest of skills that work similarly.

Sorry if it seems I went a little bit overboard with this

Also if anyone knows how to tag any Anet employee so they can check it up would be amazing :smiley:

Ranger had their options for unblockable attacks gutted awhile ago and more than any other profession, ranger ramps up damage from numerous smaller attacks. All of these changes to how unblockable functions will hurt them the most. That signet is a dedicated utility slot to counter block and reflection spam which is quite prevalent in this gamemode, effectively permanent in larger group play.Also the passive is hot garbage on a profession that craps swiftness. I don't even run the thing.

~ Kovu

Truth to be told SoH should use the new unblockable buff and not the old. Something like warriors SoM would be ok, 10 unblockable attacks for 6 seconds is more than ranger usually can give it an use for.

Would be cool for Anet to have a pass over the signets thou they are very outdated and don't play well in the actual gameplay (except SoS which is more a Panic button than anything else)

@anduriell.6280 said:Truth to be told SoH should use the new unblockable buff and not the old. Something like warriors SoM would be ok, 10 unblockable attacks for 6 seconds is more than ranger usually can give it an use for.

Would be cool for Anet to have a pass over the signets thou they are very outdated and don't play well in the actual gameplay (except SoS which is more a Panic button than anything else)

@anduriell.6280 said:Truth to be told SoH should use the new unblockable buff and not the old. Something like warriors SoM would be ok, 10 unblockable attacks for 6 seconds is more than ranger usually can give it an use for.

What? 10 unblock able attacks is one rapid fire. How is that not giving it a use? And if you also use one wolf pack, it's half a rapid fire.

@Eurantien.4632 said:If you're willing to be brave/insane enough to take signet of the hunt... our most useless yet viable utility... you deserve 6s of unblockable.

Pretty much this, in PvP good players who see the signet on your bar will know what build you are and you'll just be outplayed by terrain and then focused and forced to retreat and become useless as you roam.

@Celsith.2753 said:

What? 10 unblock able attacks is one rapid fire. How is that not giving it a use? And if you also use one wolf pack, it's half a rapid fire.
  • I don't need 10 unblockables to land a full rapidfire, most of the times I just need the interrupt.
  • OWP is unblockable by itself so it should not count for unblockables. If it does we should open a bug report.
  • Worst case scenario being able to land a full rapid fire with no counter is still the reason why Soulbeast got nerfed to the oblivion. So IMO going back there is not a solution.

@anduriell.6280 said:

• I don't need 10 unblockables to land a full rapidfire, most of the times I just need the interrupt.
  • OWP is unblockable by itself so it should not count for unblockables. If it does we should open a bug report.
  • Worst case scenario being able to land a full rapid fire with no counter is still the reason why Soulbeast got nerfed to the oblivion. So IMO going back there is not a solution.

Can we also just talk about how utterly terrible many ranger utilities are. Spirits are useless. Signet except soh are useless. Protect me is the only good shout utility except heal and elite. Dolyak stance now useless so all pof skills are COMPLETELY useless. Traps? Useless. We are forced to run the only decent utilities we have cus anet both hates and ignores ranger since forever. Was already non meta build before patch but apparently it needed a nerf soo badly that you remove the petswap on soulbeast and increase cooldown of the only good weapon ranger has.Also, entangle is a terrible elite skill compared to basically every other class. Then there's sotp which is decent but we're literally limited to only that skill.

Condi builds are terrible on ranger cus they ALL RELY on projectiles, shortbow deals ABYSMAL dmg. Absolutely NO dmg at all. Axe torch is OK but torch deals 0 dmg honestly unless enemy wants to stand on your aoe. And axe still has 0 condi application on auto attack.

All anet had to do to fix soulbeast is nerf moa stance, increase merge cooldown to 15 or 20 sec and leave dolyak stance at 40s. But no. Already weak spec gets hit hardest with the nerf hammer meanwhile FB and necro, the meta of both pvp AND wvw.. go by untouched. Yea that's fair.

@bigo.9037 said:Can we also just talk about how utterly terrible many ranger utilities are.

Truth ! What are the differences between Survival, Shouts and Stances ? They don't have any big differences. WS trait line and Survival (Lightning Reflexes and Quickening Zephyr) utilities are the only thing keeping the Ranger together.

Elite specs utilities ? Glyphs are useless and now Stances also.

Guardian/DH/FB is really their lovechild.

@anduriell.6280 said:

Fine and good if you are fighting one person but not so much if you are in a group fight. I would love to run into those people you are fighting that don't have a single stun break though.

I certainly can't interrupt the 5 people I'm hitting in a large scale fight and get a rapid fire off without one of the people in that zerg using a reflect etc. As it is we have a limited use in large scale fights and I know that if a fight is in a choke I'm sitting around for a good chunk of the time waiting for unblockable so I'm not reflecting my shots into my own team.

There is a counter, positioning and dodging being the main ones. I also wasn't aware we are nerfed into oblivion, I'm doing fine.