Greatsword and Domination Updates

Saeryn.6312

Bountiful Blades

@Lincolnbeard.1735 said:

If there's one thing that is going to be hotfixed it's that one. You can count on it.

Called it.

They changed the trait because of the qq, it was obvious they wouldn't let it stay with the stun for long.

This game will be dead in less than a year, not because of mesmers, but because of their reiterated pathetic decisions.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@lare.5129 said:

New benchmark, played pretty much the samethis benchmark is fake. 100% boon uptime on non moved target in ideal world. The real dps will be 8x smaller.

lol do you even raid? Benchmark is about showing maximum potential, ofc it'll be lower for actual boss but same reduction applied to other classes.And no it won't be 8x lower.

@"NICENIKESHOE.7128" said:lol do you even raid?no, currently I don't go raids at all and from 7 years have aprox 70 lee. I don't like toxic people.

Benchmark is about showing maximum potentialyou mean "potential with 100% ALL boons uptime, and 100% debuf utime on one place stand not small hitbox" ?if yes, this is "cosmo numbers", without any mind.

And no it won't be 8x lower.9? or 10?

@lare.5129 said:

@"NICENIKESHOE.7128" said:lol do you even raid?no, currently I don't go raids at all and from 7 years have aprox 70 lee. I don't like toxic people.

Benchmark is about showing maximum potentialyou mean "potential with 100% ALL boons uptime, and 100% debuf utime on one place stand not small hitbox" ?if yes, this is "cosmo numbers", without any mind.

And no it won't be 8x lower.9? or 10?

Sorry if it sounds toxic to you, but I'm stating a fact with simple argument. I made no personal attacks at all if you look carefully.

To be honest if you don't raid then why are you comment on it like you understand though?The boons in those video is achieveable by 10 men group, in fact easily achieveable in most competent group.Yes boss will have those debuff.Yes many bosses will tend to stand still with a good tank.And yes it is not uncommon for boss to take 20k+ damage from good players or even higher, you want me to link actual raid fight with arcdps?

Please try to inform yourself before brushing off an unfamiliar content because of "toxic people". Its this negligence that cause new players to not attempt at all, not because of some forum post that tries to educate people about builds and rotations.

Most likely because they concentrate on raiding and thus feel it's the only important part of the game. That kind of narrow view is pretty natural, it's a big game and most people don't do all of fractals, regular dungeons, raids, open world bosses, solo pve, wvw, spvp, and speedrunning. For that matter Anet themselves seem to forget anything but spvp, wvw, and a bit of raiding exists.

@lare.5129 said:

@NICENIKESHOE.7128 said:To be honest if you don't raid then why are you comment on it like you understand though?this is topic about mesmer, and greatsword update and some other suggestion. Why some people found tie only in raid context I do not know.

@"Ceit.1869" said:Most likely because they concentrate on raiding and thus feel it's the only important part of the game. That kind of narrow view is pretty natural, it's a big game and most people don't do all of fractals, regular dungeons, raids, open world bosses, solo pve, wvw, spvp, and speedrunning. For that matter Anet themselves seem to forget anything but spvp, wvw, and a bit of raiding exists.

Except I do participate in all aspects of the game, and knowing max potential coming from the patch changes does not barricade me from enjoying the rest of the contents or use similar rotation/build, be that open world/fractal/WvW/sPvP.

Don't speak of me as "they" like I'm some kind of others, in the end I'm a mesmer player as well. And you do not know how I spend my time in game so don't assume that either.

Its disturbing really, I tried to stay on topic to show how GS/Domination trait changes can affect mesmer but you and Iare are derailing it to a "raid vs other" argument to prove your point that benchmark is "fake", whatever that means. This will be the last time I speak about this "raid vs other" topic, whether people learn from it is up to them. I cannot control how you guys play, but dismissing raid discussion because of some personal preference is extremely rude and not helpful in improving community as a whole.

@"NICENIKESHOE.7128" said:Please try to inform yourself before brushing off an unfamiliar content because of "toxic people".Considering raiders have become worse then PvPers for asking for nerfs and randomly hating classes even though its a cooperative mode it is a perfectly valid reason to not raid. The fact that Anet listens to them means they deserve to have the content ignored.

@Levetty.1279 said:Considering raiders have become worse then PvPers for asking for nerfs and randomly hating classes even though its a cooperative mode it is a perfectly valid reason to not raid. The fact that Anet listens to them means they deserve to have the content ignored.

Honestly, a lot of classes deserve to be nerfed. Chrono, Guardian, Revenant, warrior just to name a few. Damage is through the roof. Do you think a class should be able to get a 42k (Now 39k) benchmark while being able to provide quickness? Yes, you have to stack them but that only makes it worse tbh. The same class still has good CC btw.Warrior and Renegade currently Bench 37k on the golem. If they bring alacrity and banners it drops to ~34k while immsensly increasing the DPS of the entire group. Stuff like this just shouldnt be possible.

Quick update of PvE numbers:

• DT domi pchrono (focus): someone reached 40k
  • DT domi pchrono (gs): 38k-40k (less than focus but not worse than before)
  • IA/IR domi pchrono: ~31k
  • pCore mes: ~28k
  • pMirage: ~23k

Just a heads up, I believe they restored the unlisted-unlisted 15% dmg bonus for 2/3 clone Mind Wrack/Split Second in between the patches, at the very least for PvE.

Final numbers will be listed in the thread where I'm keeping track of the performance of power mesmer builds.

@Ceit.1869 said:Most likely because they concentrate on raiding and thus feel it's the only important part of the game. That kind of narrow view is pretty natural, it's a big game and most people don't do all of fractals, regular dungeons, raids, open world bosses, solo pve, wvw, spvp, and speedrunning. For that matter Anet themselves seem to forget anything but spvp, wvw, and a bit of raiding exists.

If you forget spvp wvw and raiding i'd say anet should get a 80% damage debuff so player can enjoy fighting monsters instead of oneshoting them all. 70% for necromancers so they are bit more balanced, poor things

If you forget spvp wvw and raiding i'd say anet should get a 80% damage debuff so player can enjoy fighting monsters instead of oneshoting them all. 70% for necromancers so they are bit more balanced, poor thingsunironically thinking necros need a damage buff in open worldAlso people gear offensively to be able to oneshot regular mobs. Making the mobs last 5 times longer is not really engaging, and it will be the support builds that couldn't oneshot mobs to begin with that will get the brunt of such a change

@Jimbru.6014 said:be able to get a 42k (Now 39k) benchmark while being able to provide quickness?than class with this build provide aproc 0 (zero) quicknessI long time play as support chrno before nerf in scourge setup, and sure that for supp build dps changes is very small. I mean there is no big point is yours dps 3200 or 3800.

main mind: I am sure that bech use infusions whit stats, so remove some part of dps too from normal players.

@lare.5129 said:

@Leonidrex.5649 said:I just wanna say that I like how their GS update change fromFocus -> pull + better burstGS -> better sustained dps.to Focus -> better at everythingGS -> feels cool but is worse in every other way.RIP my 10g from sigils xd

welcome to legendary items world

stopped making astralaria the moment they gave us 1 dodge meme, i mean on dodge man

@Pregnantman.8259 said:

If you forget spvp wvw and raiding i'd say anet should get a 80% damage debuff so player can enjoy fighting monsters instead of oneshoting them all. 70% for necromancers so they are bit more balanced, poor thingsunironically thinking necros need a damage buff in open worldAlso people gear offensively to be able to oneshot regular mobs. Making the mobs last 5 times longer is not really engaging, and it will be the support builds that couldn't oneshot mobs to begin with that will get the brunt of such a change

-70% damage you call that a buff lolPlaying support for what? There is no group to support, some squad are made for metas and workd boss and it is mostly group 1 people, group 2 com so ppl can taxi. How can a support player even support anyone when his heal or boon are randomized between 40 player?Wait how do you even need support player when monster die before you loose hp even with no boons ? reducing overal damage or increasing monster hp would at least give a purpose to support player. Dps would need boon to kill monster faster and also healers to stay alive, but none of these are needed due to monsters being way too weak in open world

@lare.5129 said:

@Jimbru.6014 said:be able to get a 42k (Now 39k) benchmark while being able to provide quickness?than class with this build provide aproc 0 (zero) quickness

Read one sentence further. Its not a problem if you are alone. Its a huge problem when you stack them.They did change FmW because of that. Sure its still strong and for most groups doesnt really matter. You can still do that with another Chrono an 10 man SoI. They didnt change Timewarp though. And that skill is a mess. Its bad for support chronos due to how quickness stacks and too strong for DPS Chronos.

main mind: I am sure that bech use infusions whit stats, so remove some part of dps too from normal players.

Infusions are ~2% DPS. ~38k for Chronos and ~33k for Warrior/Renegade is still way too strong for what they provide.

@RaidsAreEasyAF.8652 said:Infusions are ~2% DPS. ~38k for Chronos and ~33k for Warrior/Renegade is still way too strong for what they provide.

Congratulations on your ability to ignore everything else in the discussion for the sake of your desire for more nerfs of a class that's already under-represented in many/most modes. I'll sympathize more when you're not cherry-picking things in hopes that we'll all convert to your hate and switch to playing thieves with better stealth, burst, and CC.

@Ceit.1869 said:Congratulations on your ability to ignore everything else in the discussion for the sake of your desire for more nerfs of a class that's already under-represented in many/most modes. I'll sympathize more when you're not cherry-picking things in hopes that we'll all convert to your hate and switch to playing thieves with better stealth, burst, and CC.

Probably should have stated that i was refering to raids. But sure, you can also be an ass about it. I didnt ignore everything else in this thread. I choose not to say anything about it because i simply dont play PvP or WvW. It wouldnt make sense to discuss modes i dont know.

I dont know why you bring thief into this discussen and why you think im hating. Im not.

• 1 month later...

Can you kind folks help this casual noob out maybe? I play open world PvE primarily and pretty much camp GS. Its all I need to do basically before things die. And YES, I know most of you will say "Its open world..just do whatever" but I still like to have a solid build and I am just not that good at choosing which talent traits synergize together since this latest patch.

I currently use GS with zerker everything gear and scholar runes. Im running Dom 1,3,2 Illu 1,3,2 and Chro 1,1,3

Can you min/max players suggest anything I need to swap out for the gear/playstyle listed above?

Please and a BIG thanks. Cheers