Where's the outrage?

Mintyfreshsmell.1568

Anet just gutted another specialization leaving only Core to stand any chance of being viable. Sure there's a like ONE thread about the dodge but where's the outrage from everyone else? Hell even the other players who don't play Mesmer don't seem to care at all. How can people just stand by and be ok with an entire profession's specializations getting shit on. Maybe there's only a few people left? I just wish Anet would come out and say they are reworking mesmers specializations, because if they don't they are going to lose a few more players.

PS: I thought the update was decent until I played it. Wow, it feels like hitting people with wet noodles. I think they scale it a bit too far down personally.

@"Mintyfreshsmell.1568" said:Anet just gutted another specialization leaving only Core to stand any chance of being viable. Sure there's a like ONE thread about the dodge but where's the outrage from everyone else? Hell even the other players who don't play Mesmer don't seem to care at all. How can people just stand by and be ok with an entire profession's specializations getting kitten on. Maybe there's only a few people left? I just wish Anet would come out and say they are reworking mesmers specializations, because if they don't they are going to lose a few more players.

PS: I thought the update was decent until I played it. Wow, it feels like hitting people with wet noodles. I think they scale it a bit too far down personally.

The outrage can be found in PvP. For PvE, the attitude is mostly "yet another alleged 'balance' patch"

@Yasai.3549 said:Because people all moved on to be Guardian mains.

Meh, I don't want to :<

Started the game as a guardian, but fell in love with mesmer shortly after release.... build the whole damn character with legendary armor, weapons, runes, sigils and trinkets. I could move weapons, trinkets and upgrades to another character, but that would somehow feel like killing a good friend. Guess I'd rather die as a mesmer than living long enough to become a guardian (again).

If you go to pvp forums you'll see three kinds of people, people that are happy mesmer isn't playable, people that think mesmer is still op and needs more nerfs and mesmers.

Most mesmers are fed up and couldn't care less, only a few remain that still have some hope (I'm part of the ones who couldn't care less anymore).

@Yasai.3549 said:The one Dev that loved Mesmer too much probably left the company, and a new Dev overseeing balances loves Condi and Guardian, so Guardian is Anet's new favourite.

He still works for ANerf, he is gone with the flow. You can search his name on forums and you'll see.

Past experience shows us there's no point getting stressed out over it - no amount of outrage is going to change what has already taken place.

Best to either learn to live with it, or move on.

Only similar situation I can think of is when they (accidently) changed Distortion into evade - but this was a bug (apparently) and got reverted.

But I'm happy to be surprised if Anet do something amazing in a future patch.

@BlackyWarsX.5384 said:

@Yasai.3549 said:Because people all moved on to be Guardian mains.

Meh, I don't want to :<

Started the game as a guardian, but fell in love with mesmer shortly after release.... build the whole kitten character with legendary armor, weapons, runes, sigils and trinkets. I could move weapons, trinkets and upgrades to another character, but that would somehow feel like killing a good friend. Guess I'd rather die as a mesmer than living long enough to become a guardian (again).

Yes that is exactly the place Im at right now. You can tell my 5k hours invested, world map completed, 7+ year old Mesmer that I got full legendary armor, weapons, backpack and trinket for. The one that has every map in the game completed. Its the one that you can see sitting in Mistlock naked and /crying.

@Mintyfreshsmell.1568 said:Anet just gutted another specialization leaving only Core to stand any chance of being viable. Sure there's a like ONE thread about the dodge but where's the outrage from everyone else? Hell even the other players who don't play Mesmer don't seem to care at all. How can people just stand by and be ok with an entire profession's specializations getting kitten on. Maybe there's only a few people left? I just wish Anet would come out and say they are reworking mesmers specializations, because if they don't they are going to lose a few more players.

So I respecced my main to core mesmer yesterday. Let's see if it is fun, otherwise I'm probably completely out. WvW roaming on Mes was already dead for a while anyway.

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:for me, i'm still stunned that anet actually did this. didn't play much mes, enjoyed it every once and a while in pvp. anyway I can't think of a better way to kill your own game then to give some specs unplayable trade offs and others luke warm bubble baths.

I like how they are super heavyhanded in some nerfs, yet leave other professions with a light tap.

Thief is straight up still the same thing as before, infact they are barely even changes in most aspects.Guardians so OP right now.Necro is the only one which had a massive paradigm shift to being a meme class to the best class for solo roaming and 1v1 fights, purely because of their ability to gain health back and use it to shield themselves from almost anything the game can throw at them right now.

@Yasai.3549 said:Necro is the only one which had a massive paradigm shift to being a meme class to the best class for solo roaming and 1v1 fights, purely because of their ability to gain health back and use it to shield themselves from almost anything the game can throw at them right now.

That comment makes me wonder how a Scrapper with its loads of barrier generation could do as a roamer.

@Jimbru.6014 said:

That comment makes me wonder how a Scrapper with its loads of barrier generation could do as a roamer.

I have a buddy who has success with Scrapper Roamer.They have access to the most powerful anti Condi weapon ever : Purity of Purpose.

All they have to do is bring Bulwark Gyro and Purge Gyro and they set to take on the world.I recommend taking Elixir Gun kit as well, for some ranged pressure as well as more heal and cleanse. (as well as the toolbelt stunbreak)

@XenesisII.1540 said:Mesmers probably gave up, they've destroyed other defensive pieces and now the final hammer hit.. and players still calling for more nerfs... no point anymore...

join me in BDO, its free on steam now. im having alot of fun. from little pvp i did so far. countering oponent moves actually matters.oh and bonus points for having digital slaves working for beer lul